Author Topic: aggression  (Read 1690 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: aggression
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 20:43:44 PM »
We had Alfie for about 8 months when Cleo came to join us. After 6 months the situation between them can best be described as 'armed neutrality' - but at least Cleo doesn't chase him out of the house and down the road any more...

My friend has always had several cats at a time and says that, with their longest introduction, it took 6 months before the 2 cats would pass each other in a doorway. We are still not at that stage with Alfie and Cleo!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 16:17:43 PM »
I agree that 4 weeks is nothing and can take months...........I took about 6 months with Lupin I think and the two moggies.

Ducha was fine but Lupin was such a bully!.................in his terms just playing!

Offline crh17

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Tori and Pabby
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 11:14:22 AM »
I have taken in a cat from a neighbour who was aggressive to them, he has been fine with my other cat although she is clearly the boss and wont take any nonsense from him, He was diagnosed with arthritis which was why he was so aggressive he was in pain. since he started pain medication he is almost a different cat he doesn't lash out as much and has started getting closer to Tori with both even sharing the double bed now. Its 3 years since I took him in and about 8 months since the arthritis was discovered but he has not bitten or scratched me for 5 weeks now, loves cuddles and purrs so much. After such a bad start in life he just needed to know he is loved and time to get used to having affection. If someone asked me when I got Pabby if I thought he would allow me to pick him up and have him snuggle up to me in my arms I would have laughed at them but he loves being picked up now. I just wanted to let you know sometimes time can work particularly if willow has moved round a lot she might be expecting to just be moved again. Good luck with her.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 23:25:52 PM »
Have never had to introduce cats to each other but from what I've read on here it can take months for cats to integrate so would still class it as relatively early days yet. Fingers crossed things start to move in the right direction for all concerned  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
aggression
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 12:23:45 PM »
I've recently taken in willow she is around 3 and neutered only this January - she has lived with several of my family members in her life and each one has felt the need to pass her on so I have stepped in in the hope that she can finally have a settled home but there is a bit of a problem - she is used to living as a single cat and I have 4 already and although I haven been taking intros slowly she sometimes on sight of one of the cats lash out or bite us - it doesn't always happen and generally she is affectionate but I find it a bit unsettling - is there anyone who has sucessfully dealt with a problem like this, is it just a matter of time she has only been with us 4 weeks
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 13:18:50 PM by Dawn F »

Link to CatChat