Author Topic: my beloved maine coon Leo may have throat cancer :(  (Read 4891 times)

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
Re: my beloved maine coon Leo may have throat cancer :(
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 08:10:41 AM »
Thank you

I just dont understand. Today his voice is coming back. He has never ever gone off his food, he is whoofing it down,, going to the loo ok too. Surely if the lump is takng up 3/4 of his wind pipe,, then if is cancer, it must be very advanced as its big....? So surely he would be showing other symptoms?

Driving myself mad with this, if anyone has any experience inthis (good or bad) please respond. Do you think that its bound to be cancerous or what are the chances this could be a harmless lump?  :Crazy:

« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 08:12:36 AM by lisa77 »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 00:38:05 AM »
I hope the results will be good for Leo and you  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sending loads of good vibes

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 22:46:09 PM »
Thank you, just seen the pics below my post and crying again, hes such a handsome boy :(

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 22:44:14 PM »
Oh Lisa Hun I am so sorry - I remember you posting about Leo when you first got him - he is stunning x

Keeping everything crossed for a positive outcome on Monday xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
my beloved maine coon Leo may have throat cancer :(
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 22:40:22 PM »
Hi everyone, i havent been on for quite some time but thought someone may have some advice.

My Maine Coon, Leo lost his voice and was dry heaving throughout sunday. I kept feeding him Katalax as i thought he may have a huge hair ball as he is very prone to getting them regularly. Usually this will work and he will bring the hair ball up. I tool him to the vet monday morn and he was sedated and i had a call to say the vet had found a large lump on his larynx. :(
A biopsy was taken and we should get the resuts on Mon.

Vet says it looks like a tumour and could be harmless, but there is a chance it could be cancerous.

I took in his insurance form today and was hoping to speak to him but he wasnt availible for me to ask any questions.

Leo was an indoor cat for 5 1/2 years as weblived in a top floor flat. We moved 4 months ago to a house and he has been slowly going out into the huge back garden (supervised) apart from the loss of voice and wheezy breathing, you wouldnt really tell anything is wrong with him. Since he came back from the vet he has been really affectionate and purring with every bit of attention he gets. leo is usually very tempremental and only i can make a fuss of him!

Abhuge part of me is thinking to expect the worst but my partner said today maybe he has eaten something in the garden without us seeing like stinging nettles? been stung by a wasp?  I know im clutching at straws here and it doesnt sound good but has anyone experience with this and did the lump turn out to be harmless?

He is only 6, I cant imagine him going already :( he has been a huge part of my life and i cant bear to think what may happen. Everytime i look him i cry as i know if it is the dreaded C word he wont have much time at all and i will have to say goodbye to him to save him discompfort and pain :((

Link to CatChat