Author Topic: Sore all over cats body and face (pictures included)  (Read 11082 times)

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
Re: Sore all over cats body and face (pictures included)
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 20:15:11 PM »
Never seen anything like it. If it was one of mine I'd take them to the vets in the morning.

So sorry to hear about Candy that's really awful. 

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 14:17:28 PM »
I'd ring back and say it was getting urgent

Offline Stezzle

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Licky, Fudge, Sugar, Candy (RIP Miss C)
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 14:13:51 PM »
sorry i dont know how to post all the pictures together smaller.

Offline Stezzle

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Licky, Fudge, Sugar, Candy (RIP Miss C)
Sore all over cats body and face (pictures included)
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 14:12:27 PM »
My cat Fudge is a chocolate brown long haired. We took him in off the street as a stray at 7months old. We searched for 6 weeks for his owners but no one came forward. We took him the vets and he was giving full bill of health and was neutered.

He has been with us for about 4 months. Last Friday my other cat Candy was torn apart and killed by a dog and Fudge was chased up a tree. He had marking on his body for a few days before this event and some fresh ones were found shortly after this event. I thought the dog had bashed him around a bit. There are no teeth holes. I have been cleaning them with water for a few days and kept him indoors, Today he has developed a fresh one of his face. The dog owners said the dog has not been outside due to the police issuing them certain conditions and this being one of them.

I've run the vets who have given me an appointment on Monday and told me to clean them with salt water, put a cone on him and keep him indoors.
They would not tell me what they thought it could be etc. So i am really worried. I am to take him back if myself, family member or the other cat develops them. He had two massive ones on his body which are swollen and today he developed the one of his cheek (this made to really concern) He is eating well and apart from licking them all the time (which i am trying to get him to stop by rattling a toy) he seems ok. Sleeping more than normal though. I thought maybe it was an allergy to something outside but then its not developed sooner in the four months he has been here.

If any one has any ideas then that would be fantastic. I am not convinced an appointment on Monday is soon enough.

Link to CatChat