Author Topic: Wormer upset my boys  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Wormer upset my boys
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 21:40:49 PM »
Glad the boys are OK.  :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Tippy (June 2013)
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 11:21:54 AM »
Hi :)

Hope your boys are ok

Just thought I'd mention that your vets should provide a health plan service. Some advertise and some don't. My vets do a £10 a month deal for cats (up to 8yrs old) which includes 2 health checks a year, worm and flea treatment (mine provide milbemax and frontline) and free yearly boosters. They also give 20% off consultations, home visits, food etc but I just have it for the worm/flea and boosters as it works out a fair bit cheaper :)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 08:55:08 AM »

Am so pleased they're okay Lauren.   :hug:  I can guess how much it would be worrying you.

Yes, I think that's a very sensible thing to do.  We kept the lads in last winter (their first) but now, they're out all of the time, and it does make me uneasy. 

Offline Laurensimm

• Adult Cat
Wormer upset my boys
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 08:34:04 AM »
Hi sue they seem fine this morning. Tails are back up! They have just eaten their breakfast and have been released back into the wild lol. I don't let them out at night as 3 kitties have been killed around here at night :( two were run over and one attacked by a dog. As far as I can tell though, my two boys are the only kitties around here who wear collars - reflective ones.

Anyway, thank you for all of your input. I washed it off of their necks last night and shall not be buying bob Martin again!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 07:25:14 AM »

You're not a bad Mum Lauren - you're just one of many people who have no idea how bad these products can be for cats and dogs.  I wish the whole company would just cease trading, seeing as they dont seem to want to acknowledge the thousands of cases worldwide of their products causing death and injury.

How are the boys this  morning?  You must have had quite a fright.  Hoping they aren't showing any lasting effects on this occasion.   :hug:

Offline Laurensimm

• Adult Cat
Wormer upset my boys
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 23:16:39 PM »
Oh my gosh, why is it still on sale?!!! They seem to have calmed down now but think I will get a wipe on the back of their necks in case! Ill get on to the vet for some advocet instead. Thanks ... Feel like such a bad cat mummy now ...

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 22:27:42 PM »
You need to wash it off them asap. Lot of pets have died as Sam and Gill say very dangerous stuff.   

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 22:01:35 PM »
Second what Sam has said.......this is very nasty and dangerous stuff...............if you see any damage of your cat starts being ill get her to a vets immediately

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 21:59:03 PM »
Please please please DO NOT use BobMartins over the counter products ... they are dangerous.  There are loads of cases of cats dying from the use of these products.

I don't want to alarm you ... but please keep a close eye on your boys and if you are at all worried about them get them to your vet immediately.  If you use facebook please check out this group for more information ... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152158246099554&set=a.10150712444169554.496363.760039553&type=1&theater
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Laurensimm

• Adult Cat
Wormer upset my boys
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 20:48:15 PM »
I put a wormer solution on the back of my boys necks and they are both running off from me like I've attacked them! Is this normal? It was a bob Martin one which I don't think are that great but I haven't had time to get to vets. Does it sting them? I've used advocet from vets before and they didn't behave like this! It's difficult enough getting Louis to come in anyway. I have to go and fetch him!

Link to CatChat