Author Topic: Leaking from his bottom!  (Read 1381 times)

Offline Bluemoon

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Jumpy, Pixie, Gracie & Bogey
Re: Leaking from his bottom!
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 11:56:41 AM »
How did it go, is he ok now?

My cat is having a runny bum problem too now!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 07:50:25 AM »

Good luck with the vet visit today Sinead.  Hoping they can diagnose the cause and resolve it as soon as possible, so your boy can get back to normal again.   :hug:

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 22:52:50 PM »
That doesn't sound good. I think I'd be tempted to ring sooner for advice. A whole pigeon  :Crazy: One of the bones may have caused some damage or a bowel blockage or there could be an internal abscess. Have you seen him pass any poos today?
I hope he gets better soon and it is just an upset due to the bird eating.
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline sinead82

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Shogun, Tom, George, Shadow, Junior and Doris
Leaking from his bottom!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 22:41:25 PM »
One of my cats has just been sleeping on the sofa for a couple of hours. When I went to get him down I noticed that he was soaking wet all down his right hand side and right rear leg. I am not exaggerating when I say that he is as wet as if I just plonked him in a bowl of water!

There is a creamy white discharge coming from his rear end. I have just given him a clean up with wet wipes and he was not happy at all. He is usually a very friendly cat especially with me and he is hissing and growling obviously in discomfort. I have googled this and it seems to be leaning towards a problem with his anal gland, however the discharge doesn't seem to have a smell. Plus there is no swelling or redness as I would expect from a problem with his glands. He refused his dinner too, which is very unlike him!

I am obviously going to ring our vets first thing and take him in. I just wondered if anyone else has experience of this. He ate a whole pigeon yesterday so I wonder if this could be causing some illness in him?

He is 7 months old. I don't know if that is any relevance.

Link to CatChat