Author Topic: I now have two arthritic cats!  (Read 1624 times)

Offline crh17

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Tori and Pabby
Re: I now have two arthritic cats!
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 23:04:45 PM »
Pabby is 7 years old and also has arthritis he is on Onsoir due to a side effect of Metacam causing aggression with him he has one tablet first thing and is fine all day, he also has supplement's although I'm thinking of changing to Yumove as it is only 1 capsule for him not 2 tablets like the other supplements. Good luck with both your cats and hope they are feeling better soon. Pabby is like an overgrown kitten now.

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 17:42:12 PM »
She thought it looked very much like a bite wound...I guess the issue is that this could have been our friendly local psychotic Bengal, or could he have done it to himself if he was in pain? I suspect the former, though, mainly because the limping was very sudden onset so it seems to me that the wound was the trigger and not a response, if you see what I mean.

Yes we did discuss referring for acupuncture, I don't know how well that would work on elbows and he is a little less docile than Milly but there's only one way to find out (plus as this is a new condition, hopefully his insurance will cover it!). The acupuncture vet is off sick for several weeks with a nerve injury so my vet has put him on metacam for now in the hope that we can calm it down and get over this acute episode, and then maybe think about acupuncture in a month or two when things have settled and the other vet is hopefully back at work.  Too many vets not in the places where I "need" them at the moment, good vets shouldn't be allowed to change jobs/move/have holidays/get sick  :rofl:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 17:43:43 PM by fluffybunny »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 12:32:26 PM »
Poor Geoffrey :care: Did they say how they think the wound was caused? At least you have experience of arthritis so know what supplements etc help, do you think Geoffrey would be a candidate for acupuncture?

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 09:15:17 AM »
Hopefully Geoffrey will be feeling better now :) i feel so sorry for arthritic cats, my Clive has arthritis and i often see him hobbling up and down the stairs!

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
I now have two arthritic cats!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 19:15:17 PM »
No sooner do we get Milly's nicely under control than Geoffrey starts limping down the stairs.  Vet finds a small wound on his elbow so he has antibiotics and pain relief and we hope it will settle...it doesn't, so he had x-rays yesterday and yes he has arthritic elbow joints, poor lad. 

My vet also told me yesterday that she's leaving  :omg:

The only silver lining is that she is leaving to start her own practice in the next town (which I'm about half way inbetween) so she will be back in business in about November and I'm sure it will be great for her to be her own boss.  I'm just going to be lost without her between now and then!

Link to CatChat