Author Topic: Coco and her bowels  (Read 1876 times)

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Coco now but was Pings slave as well until he went to Rainbow Bridge.
Re: Coco and her bowels
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 07:38:37 AM »
If she hasn't been since Tuesday I really would suggest you call the vets or take her in again just in case there is a hairball blockage in the bowel. I assume she does not normally go this long without emptying her bowels? The vet can usually feel if there is anything in the bowel by palpating the abdomen. Poor Coco and poor you with the stress of this.
If she isn't / hasn't eaten a lot though it may be working it's way through still I guess. Hope she performs soon or I definitely ring them at least.

She had three thick runny poos on Tuesday. She was up the vets twice the other week for her runny poo the vet said it was colitis caused by fur and she gave me Metroniazole for her. She was fine and then runny poo and now no poo Wednesday and Thursday. Her poo is usually quite formed normally.

I will phone them. It is a real pain to get to the vets and I either have to ask a friend or get a taxi.

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 07:33:39 AM »
If she hasn't been since Tuesday I really would suggest you call the vets or take her in again just in case there is a hairball blockage in the bowel. I assume she does not normally go this long without emptying her bowels? The vet can usually feel if there is anything in the bowel by palpating the abdomen. Poor Coco and poor you with the stress of this.
If she isn't / hasn't eaten a lot though it may be working it's way through still I guess. Hope she performs soon or I definitely ring them at least.
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Coco now but was Pings slave as well until he went to Rainbow Bridge.
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 06:47:30 AM »
Now I am waiting for her to have a poo. She hasn't been since Tuesday. She is eating and being her normal self except for having a poo. I have had to increase my anti-anxiety tablets and this worry doesn't help. :Crazy:

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 13:16:58 PM »
She saw the vet a few times last week. She has no temp at all and they said her eyes were good as was her fur and her fluid intake. Her faeces contains lots of hair normally when it is firm but the vet seems to think she had a bout of colitis.

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 13:13:52 PM »
Can the vet give you something for the fur balls at all for Coco? Personally I find that fur balls make ours vomit but do not give the looseness you describe.
How about a really strict grooming regime to try and make sure that she does not swallow too much fur?
It might be wise to see the vet again though as diaorrhoea is not commonly caused by furballs. If the furball gets into the bowel it can cause a blockage or constipation but the looseness sound like she may have a bug or something that didn't get fixed by the first treatment.
I hope you get her settled soon so you can relax and prepare yourself for your operation. Wishing you all the best for that when the time comes  :hug:
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 12:11:28 PM »
there seem to be a lot of bugs going around at the moment, it could just be that, maybe try her on bland food for a couple of days and see how she goes

good luck for you  :hug:

Coco's is caused by a build up of fur in her tummy/bowel.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 08:44:25 AM »
there seem to be a lot of bugs going around at the moment, it could just be that, maybe try her on bland food for a couple of days and see how she goes

good luck for you  :hug:

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
Coco and her bowels
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 08:17:42 AM »
The other week Coco had diarrhoea  the vet gave her Metroniazole and said she had gastritis (she ingest a lot of hair) she had no temp. After a week back to formed stools again now this morning diarrhoea in her tray. I am at my wits end with worry as I may be having brain surgery for my tumour in a few months time.

Any ideas?

Link to CatChat