Author Topic: Kitty etiquette - Table manners  (Read 1338 times)

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Tippy (June 2013)
Re: Kitty etiquette - Table manners
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 21:57:21 PM »
I'm being a meanie at the moment and keeping her downstairs. My son is asthmatic and although she doesn't effect it at all, I like to keep his bedroom as "asthma friendly" as possible. She has had a peep upstairs but came down straight away. As she gets older we'll consider lettin her upstairs.

Guess I'm in for some fun ;) she's brilliant 95% of the time, she just has outbursts of energy as kittens do and all "discipline" goes out the window!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 21:36:44 PM »
Persevere, persevere, persevere! When mine were kittens one of them was terrible for keeping me up all night playing with my head whilst I was trying to sleep  :doh: I literally 'supernannied' him and without interacting too much just picked him up and put him at the end of the bed - over, and over and over.... It took a few night but eventually he got the hint. He still likes to sleep on my pillow now but is only a pest 2% of the time compared to the 98% when he was a kitten  :naughty:

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 19:38:27 PM »
She never gets tit-bits ( I'm an ex vet nurse so a bit uptight with feeding her human food).

I will persevere and hope she gets the message. I feed her 3 small meals a day with constant access to biscuits. She eats at 8am, 1pm then about 9 pm ready for bedtime. Maybe I should jiggle her mealtimes?

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 19:25:03 PM »
All I can suggest is that you keep on doing what you are. Our cats have never pestered us at the table primarily because we never give them titbits there. Mind you, it might also help that we feed them before we eat...

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
Kitty etiquette - Table manners
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 18:49:32 PM »
Help! Tippy has terrible table manners and pesters us (ESP my 4 yr olds son) at meal times. We always eat at the table and don't encourage her. She pretty much gets ignored at mealtimes and if she does jump up I put her on her big bed in the front room.

Any ideas?

Link to CatChat