Author Topic: Pet Remedy instead of Feliway  (Read 4424 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Pet Remedy instead of Feliway
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2013, 18:04:07 PM »
Hi sorry I was reading this thread as I have one cat who is a tad aggressive/overly boisterous and chases and bites his brother. Feliway hasn't really done much to calm him (I have one upstairs and one downstairs). I saw the post from MrsR where rescue remedy was mentioned. Is it the one in the yellow bottle? I was thinking if trying it in both of my cats but don't want to get the wrong thing! Thanks!

Hi,  Just to clarify,  Rescue Remedy (as shown in your picture) and Pet Remedy (http://www.petremedy.co.uk/) .... are completely different products made by different companies  ;)

The Pet Remedy is the one that does a plug-in and smells a bit iffy (valarian) for the first few mins but this soon passes.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2013, 22:44:21 PM »
I read that there are two versions of Rescue remedy, one is alcohol based which is fine for humans but not for cats, so be sure to order the pet version. I have a few drops in my water bottle, it does help (mind you this may well be psychosematic, but if the cap fits....)  ;)

Rosella, I have had the Pet Rescue plug in going for a week, Tufty is coming in and Theo wants to play. That's enough to convince me of it's properties and will be watching the auction with interest anew.  :sneaky:

I could smell it for the first 3-4 hours but not since.  :)

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2013, 21:39:25 PM »
yes Hun - that is the right one x
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Laurensimm

• Adult Cat
Pet Remedy instead of Feliway
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2013, 12:46:35 PM »
Hi sorry I was reading this thread as I have one cat who is a tad aggressive/overly boisterous and chases and bites his brother. Feliway hasn't really done much to calm him (I have one upstairs and one downstairs). I saw the post from MrsR where rescue remedy was mentioned. Is it the one in the yellow bottle? I was thinking if trying it in both of my cats but don't want to get the wrong thing! Thanks!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2013, 14:08:03 PM »
I use it, doesn't smell to me

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2013, 14:02:55 PM »
I've just ordered some so will report back.  Groucho is being a monster with the others atm and needs to chill.

I think I have an extremely sensitive sense of smell and really not in the least keen on Valerian cat toys (unlike the cats who luv em  :sick: ) so fingers crossed  :shify:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2013, 20:22:24 PM »
I get mine from Animed Direct (and all my other supplies)- the prices and service are Brilliant
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 22:52:01 PM »
Be warned, Pet Remedy will send you to sleep and all lol! It certainly does work a treat - just using it to help settle in two newbie fosters (well, 1 foster now  ;) ) but the trouble is when I sit up here in the office with them, I just want to nod off. The smell goes off after initial plug in.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 22:10:29 PM »
I found rescue remedy rubbed on the back f the ears worked as is a lot cheaper as you only need a little bit.  I tried the plug ins to so success it rescue remedy worked a treat - you can even put a few drops in the cats water

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 15:11:03 PM »
The smell goes after about 10 - 15 mins.   Just a little heads up ...watch the Christmas auction for lots of Pet Remedy goodies  ;)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Dotty and Blue. My other lovelies Dixie,Jasper & Rosie R.I.P
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 12:44:54 PM »
I have my pet remedy plugged in all the time for Blue can have a bit of a split personality if I don't. It does smell a bit like sweaty feet until you get used to it but the benefits outway that drawback......Give me sweaty feet any day than a sometimes possessed cat and deep scratches......... :) :) I buy mine from ebay, 2 refills cost only £14 and this can last up to 8 months........I swear by it for any distressing situations both for your furbabies and you...... :)

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 11:29:57 AM »
I tried that but couldn't stand the smell! lol

Offline barklett

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Tigger and Laski
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 11:19:34 AM »
Pet Remedy really really worked for my cat - He (out of the blue at 9 years old) had taken to weeing on my duvet every ten days or so.  I tried everything else available first from my Vet and was then introduced to Pet Remedy.  I asked about the smell and was told the aroma is carefully balanced with Vetiver (a reed like grass from Nepal) and a little basil and sage that gives a nice earthy herbal smell instead of the usual pungent smell of valerian.  It works by mimicking a natural calming message from the brain called GABA.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 07:43:34 AM »
I can't stand Valerian so better give these a miss even if it is mild :sick: I used to use a Feliway 24/7 but now only have one when there's something that might upset Lu eg people staying over (in HIS room  :evillaugh:)

Pet Remedy sounds ideal for those who need one on the go all the time, also when I did use one (Feliway) 24/7 mine never seem to last 4 weeks :shify:

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 20:35:07 PM »
They do smell, a bit but it didn't bother me, Pete always said he could smell it though.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 19:40:28 PM »
Hi Helen, It does contain Valerian and I notice a smell when first plugged in for about 10 minutes but cant smell anything now x
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 20:14:08 PM »
Does it smell at all Sheryl? I read that it had Valerian in or something equally yuck!

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 20:11:07 PM »
Just wanted to say that I have tried the Pet Remedy Plug in as the Feliway was getting so expensive

It is working really well, costs less than half the price and seems to last a lot longer
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Link to CatChat