Author Topic: Weighing Robbie  (Read 3631 times)

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
Re: Weighing Robbie
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2013, 08:31:40 AM »
Currently they like Felix sauce sensations - is that the one Robbies into? I never buy too much of anything in case they change their minds  :shocked:

Felix jelly sensations, yeah I am slowly learning, he hasn't finished his breakfast today tho  :doh:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2013, 22:08:06 PM »
Poor Jasper...

My two used to love Felix sensations, but eventually went off it. I then moved to hi life potty about gravy cos Denzel just used to lick the 'juice' off and leave the meat. Currently they like Felix sauce sensations - is that the one Robbies into? I never buy too much of anything in case they change their minds  :shocked:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2013, 21:33:46 PM »
Ok, I can't find the original thread so this one will have to do, for yonks I have been buying various brands of cat food
for Robbie to eat, He was very fussy, and I thought i had solved the problem with getting his two bad teeth removed
but noooo, still picking away and it seemed Whiskas was the best choice
Well I was in the local country store and they actually had a special offer on Cat food :O
the cat food in  question was Felix Sensations, I had already bought 10 boxes of Whiskas, but thought what da ell,
a couple more boxes won't hurt?? well................. He absolutely loves this Felix stuff, it's erm..........Sensational  :evillaugh:
Licks the bowl clean everytime  :wow: sure i had tried this before?? it even smells a lot better than the whiskas  :censored:

bottom line is RESULT and it will be Felix from now on  ;)

on a sadder note,  Iwas speaking to a lad last night and he turned out to be the son of the lady who lost her Cat Jasper
that I took to the vet and because he was chipped, got him back home  ;D

Sadly, the bloke informed me that not long after he ran away again, managed to get him back but soon after was taken by the road :(

R.I.P Jasper :(

Offline wuzzie

• Kitten
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2013, 11:20:55 AM »
Robbie looks like he's sleeping of his lunch! My cat has been on dry and wet food for a little while now, but given the choice he will eat more dry food than meat, however he's been getting chubbier as time goes on and I think it's the dry food which is adding the weight. More exercise or perhaps a diet!!

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2013, 22:53:20 PM »
 :rofl: yeah, but who's the ones that's doing it?!

I did do that for a while when I thought mine were going off their wet food, but it didn't make much difference the fussy  :censored:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2013, 22:26:57 PM »
Oh dear Stuart  :-:  He's got you wrapped around his paw that's for sure.  Microwaved food in this house only happens when a furry is poorly .............

If one doesn't like one's food here, it get's put in one's cupboard until one is hungry  :evillaugh:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2013, 21:16:24 PM »
I have now discovered that Master Robbie want's one's Grub heated in the micro for 15 sec's before one will eat it
He's worse than the bairn  :rofl:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2013, 20:26:16 PM »
yeah, I put some seed on the garage roof too, and I have also reinstated the plastic mesh
not really bothered about feeding the pigeons tho  :doh: I mainly put out the food for
the little un's but saying that they can be really messy and I usually have to get a spade and fill a 20kg
plastic bag with rotting / growing seeds

The pigeons help out in that department  ;)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2013, 16:47:49 PM »
my back garden is cat proofed and I've stopped feeding birds out there I put food on the garage roof now although that doesn't mean they don't get the odd one

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2013, 14:08:02 PM »
yeah I think he does do the rounds, But I will do my damnedest to stop him doing it in His garden
well................as long as I don't see it  :( 

Just away to pick up the remains now  :'(
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 14:08:53 PM by Stuart »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 13:38:14 PM »
Afraid I think you bite the bullet, he is never gonna change and being a cat, if a bird can get in Robbie will find away or go off and do it somewhere else.

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 13:32:53 PM »
Ok I had kinda guessed, don't know if anyone else is feeding him
But I've just caught him in the garden eating a pigeon  :(
I feed the small birds, and the pigeons have a habit of pickin up the leftovers, I have plastic mesh netting around this area
as the cat's had a habit of hiding under the leylandi tree's, in saying that, one length of mess is currently taken down

the other tell tale sign's are usually lackage of Pigeons coming down to feed and feathers in the garden
I have kinda given up on putting collars on Robbie because he is an expert in losing them  :doh:

so the question to you guy's is
1/ do I stop feeding the birds ( I don't really want to do that )

2/ start putting the collars back on Robbie ( they are the safety ones, probably why he loses so much of em )

3/ move the feeder's into an area which I could make cat proof? but in saying that, the area I was thinking of
    O/H has ideas for a trampoline for Marissa, or I could try and cordon off the area ( I did buy netting a couple
    of years ago with this in mind, but it would be a pain when cutting the grass

4/ bite the bullet and accept it is just the way nature intended which makes me  :(

also the amount of perfectly good food throw out is ridiculous  :shocked:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 13:35:07 PM by Stuart »

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 14:51:52 PM »
Maybe you need to try a different wet food, one that you can buy in individual tins or pouches?

I've already done that Gill  :tired:

We seem to have settled on Whiskas simply grilled, He was good with the grilled fish selection
then one by one started going off the different flavours

then he did the same with the meat selection.....

I have already donated two carrier bags full to local CP and I am well on the way for another two  :(
I just hate throwing out untouched plates out to the birds / sneaky felines

We did think about taking away the option of the dried and see how that goes??

but Like you say, because of his weight, he certainly isn't starving LOL

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 11:01:16 AM »
Depending on how much dry is down he maybe eating enough of that to fill him up.

Maybe you need to try a different wet food, one that you can buy in individual tins or pouches?

At least you know he is eating cos of his weight LOL, I wish I knew thae same with Lupin!

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 08:42:18 AM »
Thanks for the reply's and wonderful comment's

He is still being a fussy  :censored: though  >:(

This am, meow meow meow meow meow meow meow
Put down food and he walks away  :shocked: " I am starting to think he has been sent here to torment me  :shocked: "

Yes, I do wonder if someone is feeding him elsewhere, He goes out for ages, I did buy a Petcam for clicking onto his collar
but with the amount of collars he loses ( 3 since i bought it ) I have not tried it yet, even now he is collarless...sigh

but in saying that, all the biscuit's were gone this morning, but it still didn't look as tho he had touched anymore wet
He seem's to eat more as long as he is being petted  :-: but it's still annoying = £4.50 for 12 sachettes and currently will only
eat the turkey flavour  >:(

but as I am typing this He is busy lying on his side Trying to catch the alien tail, it must be annoying him  :evillaugh:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 20:15:22 PM »
Misa is 7.6kg and his fur is a mess right now, very long and soooooooo scruffy..........he sats its winter you know!

He loves being stroked but hates being picked up and wont go near a knee, think he knows he wont fit LOL

Not a tabby thing, think its a cat thing when they have been strays for a long time and Robbie must be eating and think you would know if he had any tail end problems and he ceratinly would be running around etc.

He is gorgeous hunk  ;D

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 17:36:26 PM »

Gotta say, Robbie's a very handsome - if, erm, big-boned - fellow.   :Luv:  And he makes me feel much better about Ross weighing in at 5.4kg as a domestic moggy  :evillaugh:

Love the petting guide   :rofl:

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 17:29:43 PM »
My Tabby boy's coat has seemed greasier for the last couple of weeks, I wondered if it was because of the colder weather, although he doesn't go outside.   

I also though he wasn't eating much in the summer and then felt a right fool when I took him to the vets and he'd put on weight.  :doh:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 16:42:07 PM »
Love the petting chart but my Rosie RIP would savage you for touching the part labelled 'hell yes'.  :rofl:  She couldn't even bear to touch it herself and consequently used to get mats in her fur at that point.  Grooming her was not for the faint-hearted.  :evillaugh:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 16:38:30 PM »
Maybe Robbie has other food sources on his travels and that's why he's becoame a fussy eater.  He certainly isn't starving himself if he's gone up from 7.2 to 8.4 Kg.  :evillaugh:
Maybe the greasiness of his fur is his winter insulation.  You are in a cold part of the country aren't you and if he spends a lot of time outdoors he'll need something to keep him in your part of the country.  :shify:  I don't think its particularly a tabby thing.

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 16:27:09 PM »
this may help

:evillaugh: :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 16:30:14 PM by Stuart »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 16:19:01 PM »
oooh no, oscar if put on a knee has to be held lol, the minute you let go he's off!  he's a do not touch cat!

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 16:13:31 PM »
Yeah, Robbie's the same = He is his own cat  ;)
But he will come to you and Meow for a pett now and then, He will not jump on your knee
but if I pick him up, he will settle there for a while...

Just wondering if this is a character trait for Tabbies?? I remember my sisters cat Mowgli basically
emigrates to the summer house and does not stay in at all during the summer?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 16:06:14 PM »
tbh our oscar is a bit like robbie in character - he is the reason we ended up with four our last cat was handreared by oh from a three week old and when he died oh wanted another lapcat, unfortunately oscar would rather die and lives life to his own rules!

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 16:02:01 PM »
Larger??  :shocked: is Oscar a Tiger??  :evillaugh:

Hmmmm, our Olivia used to get bathed every month because she would get a Greasy coat, But then again, she was Persian
I think what is also contributing to my Paranoia is that we don't have a grit box, we did for a while, but He never used it
He like the outdoors for his voyeurism antics :evillaugh:

but because of that, I cannot keep track of how many times he goes to the loo = don't know how much he is drinking eating??
other than this He is still himself, Cleaning regularly and running around the garden like a Dafty chasing the Grass with his ears back  :rofl:

like I said, probably just being Paranoid  :shify:

Thanks for the reply Dawn  ;)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 16:03:16 PM by Stuart »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 15:54:31 PM »
our oscar is a ahem larger boy!  he is also a tabby of all my four he has the most unpleasant fur to touch, very course but I think that is just genes

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
Weighing Robbie
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 15:49:59 PM »
When we adopted Robbie, he weighed in @ 7.2 kg  :shocked:
He is big tho

But this while back I have been paranoid about the amount he is eating = not enough in my book  :scared:
He has turned into a right fussy  :censored: and I never see him eat a whole sachette

He is a free feeder and also has an option between wet and dry, OH says there is nothing coming over him
and he is as he has always been.... But I am still paranoid  :scared:

I have just came home from two weeks offshore, He still looks the same, but his coat feels very greasy
is this normal for a tabby? ( never had one before, but I have noticed he has a special coat )

anyhoo, I decided to weigh him, and according to the scales, He is Now 8.4 KG  :shocked:

here is a pic I took 2 weeks ago, He is Solid  ;)

« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 15:51:31 PM by Stuart »

Link to CatChat