Author Topic: behaviour change  (Read 2114 times)

Offline crh17

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Tori and Pabby
Re: behaviour change
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2013, 22:48:17 PM »
If she wont eat the wet food again but likes the dry food I brought whiskas crunch which is small biscuits to go on wet food and Pabby would eat better as he enjoys having the different textures, he now mainly eats the pouches but I still occasionally put treats or crunch on his wet food and it always works.

Offline Beth82

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Honey & Aurora
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 21:45:39 PM »
rori will only eat food in gravy and only food in pouches.  She will refuse tin cat food.

How old is your kitty?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 16:16:50 PM »
Clean with PAH spray or there is one that Rosella and others recommend, something like DX 66 but cant remember.

After cleaning and drying  put down puppy pads with a dish of food on top. I think he can still smell where he has been and you need to break the habit which is miles easier said than done.

Offline Catty Parent

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie & Lily (and occasionally Chester & Jasmine!)
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 16:12:02 PM »
Hi, yes he has curly fur! He used to be a terrible scruff, but these days he is a very proud groomer and his fur is beautiful, very thick.

I have another question for everyone about his behaviour. He has started to wee on our iving room carpet just by the threshold of the doorway into the kitchen. He has not done this before. At first I thought maybe it was due to a litter tray issue, but now I;m beginning to think it may be territorial. he went into his tray and urinated in there, then when he came out (I praised him lots for using his tray) he went into the living room and urinated on the carpet by the door. We have just had to replace the underlay in there and may have to replace the whole carpet as it has been shampooed to within an inch of its life and is pretty much ruined now. He started doing this about 2-3 weeks ago, we've had Lily for 2 months. I don't know how to stop him, but I'm planning on putting a plastic carpet protector down tonight which I'm hoping will deter him. I dont want to ban him from the room, but I equally dont want a house that smells of cat pee!!! or to have to keep replacing my carpet (expensive!). He has not long since had some surgery to take out a tooth, and he had blood tests for health screening which came up normal. The vet said he is a very healthy cat. Any ideas?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 16:47:44 PM »
She has you trained well at such a young age!  :naughty:

Such a gorgeous pair, Charlie's fur looks very unusual - almost crimped? Unless he's just a scruffball?!  :Luv2:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 13:12:00 PM »
Oh my they are gorgeous  ;D ;D

Offline Catty Parent

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 12:57:24 PM »
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped with this, she was just being fussy. I have moved her onto adult food (albeit early) and she is much happier! the empty bowl and full tum is back! Thought i'd add a couple of pics of my two babies below.  :Luv2:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 19:53:33 PM »
If she's otherwise well in herself and isn't refusing other foods then sounds like she's being a typical cat! I'm sooooo lucky in that my two boys have eaten the same food since they were babies (they're 5 now) and always clear their bowls but having had a fussy cat in the past who chopped and changed her mind about what was acceptable I have sympathy for you!  :naughty:

Offline Catty Parent

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 15:00:10 PM »
Yes this was what I feared!! hehehe! I suspect she has had a chat with her adoptive big brother and he has told her not to eat it and she will get some very expensive 'good stuff' (he was a stray and will only eat the most expensive cat food there is, or ham)

I'll give her a try with some other types and see how I get on. She is still eating, she hasn't stopped altogether. Fingers crossed I can rectify it with variety. She was eating some plain beef so her apetite is still there. She must be bored as you suggest.

Many thanks
xx

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 14:54:18 PM »
Afraid this is very much of just being a cat........sigh

Could be she has got bored with her kitten food and if she wants to eat the other food I would let her.

Seems you will soon have your own cat food supermarket like many of us  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Jelly is often the preference, you could try mashing the lumps into the jelly but she may not eat it at all.

If she totally stops eating for any length of time it will be best to have her vet checked just in case cos cats need to eat.

Experimentation timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  ;) ;)

Offline Catty Parent

• Adult Cat
behaviour change
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 14:48:59 PM »
Hi all,

I have a kitten (pictured below), Lily, who was a stray that I took in about 2 months ago. She  has been eating a particular brand of food since I took her in and has always really liked it. She usually MUCH prefers the wet food to the dry and will cry and cry for more of it. I have been giving her 1 pouch of this kitten food in the morning and one in the evening with a small amount of dry kibbles for during the day snacks.

This week, Lily has decided that she is not going to eat the wet food any more. She is eating some of the dry food, but definitely not all of it. She cries for the wet food and gets excited when I'm putting it into her dish, but then when she gets to it and realises what it is, she licks all of the jelly or gravy off it and leaves the meat chunks. I've tried her on another brand, and she seemed to eat that (it was not kitten food though) and I have also givenher treat sticks which she loves and eats no problem,so I'm convinced that her mouth is not sore.

Is she just being finicky? She is in good health although not yet spayed or vcaccinated. She is about 4 months old, possibly 6 maximum. (we are going to get her spayed and vaccinated very soon).

Many thanks, any ideas woul dbe appreciated!

Hayley x :Luv2:

Link to CatChat