Author Topic: Do they ever learn that things that buzz can hurt?  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Re: Do they ever learn that things that buzz can hurt?
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 07:23:46 AM »
This thread has a very suggestive name! I'm inclined to give a reply in the same vein  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 19:21:37 PM »
Also, is it OK to use such human products on cats or are there specific ones for stings which I can get from the vet.

In this instance half a Piriton (not Piriteze, thats a different drug that i cant comment on) is safe for cats, but never apply the same thinking to other drugs without checking with your vet. Eg. Paracetamol is toxic to cats
If you tell friends/family about Piriton please stress the same message to them  ;D

ccmacey

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 08:47:38 AM »
Yes it is Gill thats what the vet told me to give my cats if when they get stung.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 22:55:38 PM »
I think on the other thread it says that 1/2 a piriton tab will be ok for cats

Offline Rhona

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 22:48:17 PM »
Mia appeared with yet another huge paw yesterday - not sure what stung her this time!  Just a quick question, can you get antihistamine in a spray bottle?  Once for Maddi I put human antihistamine on her paw, but she just removed half of it by running across the carpet & the other half by licking it off.  Spraying it on would be much easier for me & I guess more effective.  Also, is it OK to use such human products on cats or are there specific ones for stings which I can get from the vet.  The first time it happened was when Maddi was only 6 months & I took her to the vet where they gave her an injection.  Don't want to have to do this on a regular basis!

ccmacey

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 17:33:18 PM »
I have same problem with 2 of mine, they have both been stung and 2 minutes later been chasing them again, they will never learn!

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 04:58:24 AM »
Polly isn't allowed out in the daytime now cos she's had ear cancer; but when she was allowed out, she was TERRIFIED  :Crazy: of bees and wasps! I think she must have learned that they're painful, and not to be caught. I'm not aware of her having been stung, but she most certainly kept away from buzzing flying things!
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 17:55:40 PM »
Humm Must be summer already with all these beeeeeessss about. My Gizzypoo is the same daft apath!!

There's a simular thread here hun xxx http://www.chaptanservices.com/purrs/index.php?topic=3904.0

Offline Rhona

• Adult Cat
Do they ever learn that things that buzz can hurt?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 17:41:23 PM »
With the nice weather coming in I have been letting my two out a lot more recently & so far Maddi has been stung twice & Mia once - I know two of the stings were bee's which they just love chasing & swiping.  Their wee paws swell up something rotten & they feel a bit sorry for themselves for 24 hours, then go back to chasing again!  Unless I am with them & shout at them or chase them when they go after a bee or wasp they just don't give in.  Have any of you had the same problem & do they grow out of it eventually? I really don't remember Chico my previous cat ever being stung!

Link to CatChat