Author Topic: random question  (Read 1901 times)

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Re: random question
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 13:25:42 PM »
Maybe that's because of all the horrid vet smells!  >:(
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 12:37:10 PM »
I can't imagine she would recognise him.  Just think how some cats react when a housemate has been to the vets.  I don't think they'd recognise each other's scent.

ccmacey

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 12:22:10 PM »
I don't think so, about 2- 3 weeks after I got my first kittens I brought their mother over and I think she might of recognised them as she was licking them but the kittens didn't want to know and just kept trying to get away from her.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 15:52:04 PM »
to my knowledge no they wouldnt recognise each other..Perhaps if they had lived together for a very long time then were separated for a year maybe but i think they'd have to live with each other for years first.

Apparently this recognition thing is something that humans actually share with chimps /apes but most other animals do not.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 12:38:50 PM »
Female cats seem to recognise each other: hence the fact that feral colonies are largely made up of related females. Not sure if they would know each other after a period of separation though.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline chimpzoo

• Adult Cat
    • last days
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 12:12:11 PM »
if a kitten is separated from it's mother and goes to another home as usual, what would happen if it met it's mother again years later? would they know eachother? happy to see eachother?
I don't think you would ever know really especially if they were 2 friendly cats anyway and would get on with other cats immediately.

ha ha, i never thought of that.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 12:09:46 PM »
if a kitten is separated from it's mother and goes to another home as usual, what would happen if it met it's mother again years later? would they know eachother? happy to see eachother?

Pass, I don't think so really. I mean cats don't know they are brother and sister and should not mate do they?  ;D Even if they did I don't think you would ever know really especially if they were 2 friendly cats anyway and would get on with other cats immediately.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline chimpzoo

• Adult Cat
    • last days
random question
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 12:01:55 PM »
this is something i've always wondered...

this isn't a situation that might happen with me, i'm just curious

Link to CatChat