Author Topic: I HAVE JUST ABOUT HAD ENOUGH  (Read 5838 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: I HAVE JUST ABOUT HAD ENOUGH
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2007, 07:16:27 AM »
Bles shim - hope he doesn't wake up with a "hangover" today!   As Gill says, Haws syndrome  isn't anything I've ever heard of either.  Well done the vet for picking up on it.  Fingers crossed that now things will start to settle down for you and some good luck comes your way.   :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2007, 21:55:04 PM »
So pleased everything went well (ish) at the vet and Elle and Louis will be OK. 

Fingers crossed Louis' eyes will be back to normal soon.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2007, 21:47:31 PM »
I am so pleased that you feeling a little less stressed and will be really interested in what evercis the diagnosis for Louis cos its not something we all heard of before so this info may help another cat one day.

I hope that it is nothing bad and that his eyes return to normal very soon.  :hug: :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2007, 21:38:36 PM »
Aww, am glad the abscess was sorted, and fingers crossed they can figure out Louis's probs soon.
Please spay your cat

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2007, 21:34:30 PM »
Hi all
What a day I have tried to keep myself busy but my mind kept going back to my little Louis  :hug:..........he is back home, still quite sleepy and certainly was so pleased to see me I had to get him out the carrier in the car so we could have a cuddle.................

Well here goes......he has had so many tests today I couldn't believe it but they said they could do some of them without sedation but most with, thats why he is so drunk lol

(1) Haws syndrome apparently it is not known how/or why it occurs but  apparently the eyes should return to normal in about 6-8 weeks, he also has dry eye they did try to do the shimmer test but Louis shook the strips off twice and was getting distressed  :'( :'( :'(he has to go back another day for this to be done... and also Early stages of a viral diseases he has a slight elevation in in the protein content, they told me not to worry to much as he isn't showing signs too much of actually feeling ill

I have to monitor him in the next few days and if any other symptoms appear to  take him back all I have to do is put eye drops in twice a day and take him back in a week with Elle on the same day

So its not as bad as I had thought and Harv 200 extra grey hairs to prove it.....but I must say, I wouldn't have felt so positive about today had it not been for all your kindness, I thank you from the bottom of my heart and Louis said to say thanks and sends head kisses too

xxxxxxx

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2007, 12:41:28 PM »
So pleased they got her sorted and hope that Louis tests produce some answers.  ;D

Dont tell me about the wailing in the car LOL, Franta shouted for over an hour non-stop to the vets on Thursady and when I take em all in the summer for vacs and stuff 3 of them doing it does my head in cos they do it all the way back as well, so thats over two hours of a 3 cat chorus  :( :( :(

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2007, 12:38:53 PM »
What a good Meowmy you are - am so glad Elle got sorted out, and keeping everything crossed for Louis and the test results too.

Offline tammy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Smudge
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2007, 11:15:50 AM »
Thats not so bad then.... Glad its all going ok, so far. How will you have to give the antibiotics??

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2007, 10:06:54 AM »
glad to hear elle is getting sorted and fingers crossed for the test results  :hug:

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2007, 10:01:30 AM »
Morning all

Back from the vet........

Was not fun at all Louis and Elle yelling all the way in the car poor babies. I thought they would be better as I had positioned them in the car so they could see each other, that didn't work.

My poor little Elle, it is an abscess and a nasty one too they had to be quite rough to clean it out but said they would prefer not to sedate her.she was a little star. I was crying for her I think lol she has a 10 day course of antibiotics, she had an antibiotic injection and anti inflamatory injection too, has to go back in a week and I have to clean it 3 times a day with iodine.

They were amazed that I had found it and I explained had she not suckled my chin and I had smelt the awful smell I wouldn't have noticed as she is quite a fluff ball around her face and head

They are going to phone me as soon as they have all the results and have done all the tests on Louis  :( :( :( :(. I will let you all know asap

Tesco's must be really impressed with me lately  ;D

Thanks again for everything all the good wishes and cyber hugs  :hug: :hug: :hug:

XXXXXXX
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 10:24:01 AM by smudgepickles »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2007, 07:14:40 AM »
Sending huge hugs your way for today Smudge.  Got everything crossed.

There's a saying - forget who to attribute it to - "When sorrows come, they come not single spies, but in battalions."  It tends to be the way of things but the bad times will come to an end, as others have said, although it seems like forever while they're happening.

Positive vibes for you today    :ok:

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2007, 22:14:10 PM »
I forgot to say..........my daughter has at long last stopped being sick and although my eldest daughter fell off her horse and got eliminated she was ok............. 2 things less to worry about today anyway  ;D ;D

xx

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2007, 22:08:54 PM »
Good luck for tomorrow.
Please spay your cat

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2007, 22:05:25 PM »
Same as the others look after yourself and we are all here for you.

I would take both cats in tomorrow and I am sure the vet will See the kitten too ;D

Hope you are getting to the end of all the things that can be bad and hot baths and a book are good for chilling, even if you fall asleep and the book ends up floating!!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thankyou all again  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
I had actually decided that I am going to take Elle along too even if I have to sit and wait for ages i must have read your mind Gill  :hug:.......as a precaution I have taken up all the food and biscuits they all got a nice treat of sea bass at 8pm spoilt little monkeys..........my bootiful fur babes just in case Elle has to be sedated as its really a nasty abscess for a kitten. I managed to gently get some more junk out of it a couple of times today and hot (well warm) compress it, she wasn't impressed but Mummy explained it was for her own good and then she had a good chin suckle  :hug: :hug:

I did have a nice long soak in relaxing radox accompanied of course by 5 cats....it does make my husband laugh that I cant bath or pee without feline company. I wouldn't have it any other way..............

I really appreciate your kindness, each and every one of you

Thankyou all so much

Will update you when I get back from the vets as soon as I can

xxxix

Offline tammy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Smudge
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2007, 19:38:11 PM »
gill, thats wonderful advice!!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2007, 18:17:56 PM »
Same as the others look after yourself and we are all here for you.

I would take both cats in tomorrow and I am sure the vet will seee the kitten too  ;D

Hope you are getting to the end of all the things that can be bad and hot baths and a book are good for chilling, even if you fall asleep and the book ends up floating!!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2007, 17:32:44 PM »
Just wanted to echo what others have said, that we are all here for you  :hug:

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2007, 15:09:54 PM »
Hi Smudge

Sorry to hear you are having such an awful time.  Please look after yourself and remember it will get better !!!  We are all here for you.   :Luv:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2007, 15:06:10 PM »
Adding my oar in here too! Take care of yourself hun. you are having a tough time right now and we're all here for you.

Lots and lots of  :grouphug:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2007, 14:55:16 PM »
of course she will be fine until tomorrow smudge, have a glass of wine and a relaxing bath and look after yourself XXX

Offline tammy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Smudge
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2007, 13:27:31 PM »
Smudge,

Im real sorry to hear of the troubles you are having........What you are doing for the little kitty is fine and a few days wait to see the vet will do her no harm as long as you keep it clean like you have si far.

As others have said you really need to take some time out for yourself and allow yourself to feel-no matter how bad those feelings are, they need to come to surface. We are all here to lend  friendly shoulder if you need to talk.

All the best and keep us informed so we can try and help
 :grouphug:
Tammy

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2007, 12:41:32 PM »

I think my conclusion is, I need to stop being a kind , caring person that will help anyone and anything as those kinds of crap nasty people dint seem to have all this worry and sadness

xxxxxx

But they also don't get all the love and happy times either Smudge.

I know it feels like you are getting nothing but the sh :censored: tty end of the stick at the moment hun but it will get better ... maybe not today, tomorrow, this month or even this year .... but it will  and you have to keep believing this.

Take care and try not to let it get you down too much.

We are all thinking of you and your nephew is in our thoughts and prayers.  Good luck at the vet and good luck to your daughter and the horse show.

:grouphug: Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxx
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 15:41:54 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2007, 11:55:40 AM »
Thankyou all again so very much It means so much to be able to have such lovely people with such wonderful things to say........

I have bathed her mouth twice since posting last night again and manged to get quite a lot of stinking stuff from the surface.............the good thing is although she ripped my face this morning trying to clean it she still came back to suck my chin (I made sure  I washed my chin with salt water first) might sound a bit extreme but she has an infection. She is eating happily drinking normally and happily playing with Daisy her twin...........roll on tomorrow

To add to all I had a call from my 18 year old at midnight as she was staying at a friends for the night to say she had been taken ill with food poisoning..........she hasn't stooped being sick since  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: Chinese takeaway they had had grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and my finial moan its my eldest daughters first horse show of the season and i cant be there to watch she knows my thoughts and hopes are with her but I worry when ii not there in case she falls

I think my conclusion is, I need to stop being a kind , caring person that will help anyone and anything as those kinds of crap nasty people dint seem to have all this worry and sadness

Thankyou all again and i mean that most sincerely

xxxxxx

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 11:47:15 AM »
Hi Smudge  :hug: :hug:

Totally agree with the others  :) Take some time out and pamper yourself, even if it's just a coffee and a cream cake  :)

My thoughts are with you  :grouphug:

Good luck with the vets on Monday xx

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 11:32:28 AM »
I am so sorry. Take care.]
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 10:41:25 AM »
Adding my voice to tell you to take it easy and look after yourself Smudge.  Can you go for a nice long walk and then indulge yourself a bit?

:hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 09:54:02 AM »
I am sure she will be fine till tomorrow if she will let you bathe it to help relieve it a bit. Good luck, and do take some time out for yourself, we are no good to our furbabes otherwise.
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 09:41:06 AM »
Smudge - I echo the others.  Take care of yourself too.   :care:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 08:42:52 AM »
Oh, Smudge you are having a terrible time. To be honest, I don't know how long mouth abcesses can go unattended for, but if it's swelling it's likely it won't go down of its own accord, I think. :(

I agree with HippyKitty, give yourself a "time out" today where all you think of is chilling out with a good book or film and a chocolate bar.

I really hope things improve for you (and your loved ones) soon. :cuddle:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 08:17:56 AM »
Take the little one to the vet on monday, she'll be okay till then.

I'm more concerned about you. Are you looking after yourself? Remember that a mother cat eats first. Your dependants need you. Look to yourself first.
Eat well, look after your health, take an hour for you (watch a good film, have a hot bath, read a book), and talk to any good friends, including us.

So:
look after yourself first,
pussies to vet on monday.

Lots of hugs  :grouphug:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 05:54:11 AM »
I don;t have any advice to give you but wanted to send you a big hug.

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
I HAVE JUST ABOUT HAD ENOUGH
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 00:38:10 AM »
And thats not far from the truth. :'( :'(...as you all know at the moment I have my little nephew in intensive care basically waiting to die  :( :( :'( :'(

Louis has to go back to the vet on Monday to have more tests etc to find out exactly whats wrong with him....AND NOW my kitten Elle 8 MONTHS OLD as I have told you goes to sleep sucking my chin...she started doing it as I was finishing my emails and the smell was horrendous coming from her mouth. I had a look only to find what looks like an abscess right above her front teeth she is always chewing her back claws :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I have cleaned it with boiled salt water and gently with cotton buds and put warm compress on the outside where the very slight swelling is.....................I'm now worried as my vets dont open tomorrow and the out of ours vets are a total waste of  :censored: time

As I have to take Louis in on Monday morning do you think it would be OK to wait for Elle to see the vet then as long as I keep it clean..................I cant possibly have any tears left

Thanks for any advice given

xxxxxx

Link to CatChat