Author Topic: Possibly pregnant  (Read 2945 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Possibly pregnant
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2007, 16:31:58 PM »
Any news on this one .... did you mnage to get her into the vet or is the appointment still on for tomorrow (Tues).??

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2007, 09:08:51 AM »
HIppy - Gestation is 9 weeks, or 63 days. But actually, if she got caught in Jan, then yes, she would be showing by now.
Please spay your cat

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2007, 05:58:55 AM »
Wouldn't she have given birth by now, if pregnant? I thought gestation was 6wks for a cat? At the very least she would have an enormous tum. It may be worth booking her in for a spay, with a pre op examination to check for pregnancy.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2007, 20:43:57 PM »
Lillie, is there no other vet in your area you can go to? Did you get your cat from a rescue? If so, could you speak to them to see if they can help with getting one?
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2007, 20:19:41 PM »
Sorry that nobody has been able to help you much more than we could last night

To be fair those of us that were not in chat would not have known by the wording of the original post  that there had been discussion and advice given  similar to  that some of us gave this morning.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 20:20:45 PM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2007, 18:34:39 PM »
Please can we keep this thread on topic.

As Teresa said we talked to Lillie last night in the Cats Basket and she lives in Wales and its not the best place for cat lovers at times.

Hi Lillie

Sorry that nobody has been able to help you much more than we could last night but just in case she is pregnant and due soon, make sure you have the vets emergency number to hand.

Most of the time from about 0630 to gone midnight there are people lurking around on Purrs so if you have any concerns with her, you didnt tell us her name, then get on Purrs and we will try and help. Anything that looks serious and needs medical attention, get onto the vet straight away or if its after hours ring the emergency vet.

Good luck

Gill

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2007, 16:16:43 PM »
Lucky for Optrex, i was glad when they un-POMd it as it meant i didnt have to label so many for the pharmacy  :) god eye drops were the most fiddly little butter  >:(

My doctors suck, they put you on hold for ages in the hope you hang up and then say you must speak to the nurse first and she will triage you.  Triage my foot, more like fob you off  :censored: I find asking their name helps get what you want  :evillaugh:

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2007, 16:12:32 PM »
same ere with the doctors
i can get an appointment the same day within an hour or 2 of ringing
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2007, 15:28:37 PM »
so were ours ela till recently.  we were lucky being a rural medical practice you generally got an app nearly always on the same day but they seem to be following the rules now where if you phone on a monday for example needing an app for the fri they couldnt give me one until i phoned at 8.30am on the thurs morning coz your not allowed to give an app x hours before the actual appointment which is just crazy if a person is working and trying to arrange time off to go to the app !!

also the other week hubbys eyes were glued shut as he had such bad sudden conjunctivits, i phoned first thing an said i needed an app, they said they couldnt give me one till later in week. i said well thats no use, my husband (who they know hardly ever goes to docs) cant see and has had to take today off work, needs eye meds asap..they said well theres no apps but go to the chemist coz they can dispense pom stuff for that without docs prescription nowadays !!!  which they did luckily but i feel the service of our clinic has gone down hill to be honest with regards to appointments.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2007, 15:00:00 PM »
I would have thought that it was the same system as the Doctors, you ring up for an appointment and they say they dont have any,

That is not like our doctors, I know if I phoned now and said I needed to see one urgently I would be able to go today. They are wonderful.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 15:00:12 PM by Ela »

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 12:27:13 PM »
I would have thought that it was the same system as the Doctors, you ring up for an appointment and they say they dont have any, then if you say its URGENT they tend to try and palm you off, but if you keep on that it cant wait they seem to fit you in.

I know all vets wont be the same as that but youd like to think so, wouldnt you?  :-:
Good luck with your bubsy, let us know what happens with her  :hug:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 12:28:13 PM by Cheesecat »
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 11:35:30 AM »
is because of her location the earliest available appointment isnt until next Tuesday.

What happens if you have a pet emergency in these places. or do they always keep so many appointments for emergencies?

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 10:51:10 AM »
Lillie spoke to us in Cats Basket last night and has made a vet appt. the problem is because of her location the earliest available appointment isnt until next Tuesday.

So think its best if we can offer her all the support and advice she needs until a vet can be seen.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 10:37:15 AM »
VET VISIT !!!!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 09:17:32 AM »
As the others have said, please take her to the vets, and if not pregnant, book her in to be spayed. Good luck.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 08:21:31 AM »
I agree a vet visit would be the best course of action and if she is not pregnant I suggest you get her spayed ASAP, as you may be aware the later she is spayed the more chance she has of getting Mammary cancer  and also Pyometra a life threatening infection and of course FelV and FIV. If the cost is an issue vouchers are available to help you.

Offline Amanda (mad4moggies)

• Adult Cat
  • RIP Spot 18/04/11 - Missed more than words can say
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 23:02:10 PM »
I think it would probably be a good idea to take her to the vets and see if they can palpate her abdomen to see if she is pregnant.

Offline lillie1771

• Kitten
Possibly pregnant
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 22:51:44 PM »
I have a ten month old cat and in january she got out several times not long after all the calling stopped.
She has since put a little weight on. She has always loved getting in to boxes etc but lately this has got much worse. There are several boxes around house just in case.
She has gone really affectionate and she will not let me go anywhere near her stomach.
Also there seems to be no pinking up.
She's gone to liking being left alone and out of the way.
Any help or advice?

Link to CatChat