Author Topic: Felifriend  (Read 6590 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: Felifriend
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 19:55:27 PM »
Does anyone have any advice on the hissing v growling thing?  I'm trying to keep as relaxed as possible but I hate to see her upset at all!

Sorry, meant to reply to that as well! - the hissing/growling is a normal reaction and the fact that you are now only hearing an occasional hiss is defintely progress - certainly sounds like the techniques you've been using for the intros is working  ;D Just continue with what your'e doing and I'm sure Maisie will be comfortable around the kittens in no time.

Offline SuzeB

• Adult Cat
  • Maisie, Genghis and Fred. RIP Loki.
    • PubQuizzy
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 18:02:52 PM »
Thanks Gillian - I think I'll probably not bother with it then.

Does anyone have any advice on the hissing v growling thing?  I'm trying to keep as relaxed as possible but I hate to see her upset at all!

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 14:19:32 PM »
Felifriend is for helping cats to adjust to new people/environments, as opposed to other cats. I use it in my grooming business, you spray it onto your hands - so its more for situations where people are handling nervous/wary/feral cats like vets, those in rescue, groomers etc.

Offline SuzeB

• Adult Cat
  • Maisie, Genghis and Fred. RIP Loki.
    • PubQuizzy
Felifriend
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 13:53:41 PM »
I am slowly introducing two kittens to my resident cat.  I've been using the scent-swapping technique, and recently have been leaving the kittens in Maisie's room in their box.  She is becoming more confident around them, but still occassionally hisses at the box, or growls at it.

I am already using a Feliway diffuser and putting some rescue remedy in Maisie's water.  I had heard that applying some felifriend to the new kittens could help too - has anyone done this?  When I do finally let them meet out of the box I want the intro to go as well as possible!

Also, how serious is hissing v growling?  She used to growl a lot when the first came, and now it's just the occassional hiss if the make a noise or move suddenly.

Thanks all in advance for your help.

Link to CatChat