Author Topic: Blood in poo  (Read 1669 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Blood in poo
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2008, 23:36:05 PM »
I was reading up and it said cancer is one of the last things they think of with blood in poo although in humans it is an indicator. Hope they find out what it is and sort it out  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 20:51:26 PM »
Extra treats she may have scrounged could also have that effect

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2008, 15:23:31 PM »
Have asked her when she was last wormed and she said its been a good year,so shes going to get wormers from the vets on Monday :Luv:

Thanks guys :hug:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 15:20:25 PM »
I would tend to treat for worms and monitor. At the end of the day if it is something like colon cancer there's not a lot that can be done.
It is worth checking up on if the worming thing doesn't work in case these's some sort of imflammation going on that is treatable.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 15:07:49 PM »
I think it would be wise to have the cat seen by a vet as this can be one of the first signs of colon cancer. On the other hand, the cat may have constipation and be breaking blood vessels when passing big hard poos. Worth seeing a vet about.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 10:19:41 AM »
On another note,I go round there everyday to leave her dog out etc and have noticed the cat hasn't been coming down to greet me as often the last 2 weeks,she usually comes down to poke her head round the door just to say hi so to speak or to be let out into the garden,but as soon as her owner comes home shes down and behaving like normal :)

Maybe she don't like me :scared: :scared:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 10:17:42 AM »
Apparently its happened a couple of times last week too,will suggest her to get her wormed to begin with,thanks ;D
Love me,love my animals.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 10:16:23 AM »
a one-off occurence I would not worry about too much, but would keep a close eye on the cat (and her poo). If it recurs I would be off to the vet quick smart. It may be nothing worse than worms (when was the cat last wormed?), but could indicate something more sinister...

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
Blood in poo
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 10:11:19 AM »
My neighbour has found some poo in her cats poo,what could this be?  Shes fine in herself,eating/drinking etc. 
Love me,love my animals.

Link to CatChat