Cat General > General Cat Chat

Neutering offer

(1/3) > >>

Michelle (furbabystar):
The offer i am talking about is open to everyone. (dont have to be on low income)
I am in the Bromley area and you have  ring the local RSPCA lady, give her your details and then she gives you a ref number to give to the vets.

If anyone is in this area and wants to use this offer email me and i will give you her phone number
Offer is open until 15th dec

rach:
I totally understand that, Im just being a tad over-optimistic.

Ela:
To be honest if people can afford the 'op' then really they should pay. Not being personal to anyone on here but if one can afford a new outfit, night out etc, then one should pay for the 'op' as that leaves the vouchers etc for the people who can afford none of life's luxuries. I question if they should have a cat or any pets as how would they pay vet bills etc but that is another topic. Although I do appreciate that peoples circumstances can change very quickly.

rach:
I have been looking for some kind of help in harrow, but to no avail.

I am not low income unless you take out my student and grad loans though :(

We have two kittens so its double trouble! We have already had them both to the vets 3 times each due to sickness aswell..

Ela:
Cats Protection spent last year over ?2.000.000 on neutering/spaying and this year we have known of more kittens than ever.

When people ask me for a voucher, if I think they cannot afford the balance I ask if they will pay ?5, and if not offer to pay the full cost.

If someone does not use the authority I send (you would be surprised how many people ask for a voucher then don't use it them) I contact them after a while and offer to pay the full cost and transport if necessary.

When I hear of someone who has cats that need 'doing' I write to them and say we are targeting the area (I lie) and are offering free neuters/spays. Just to ensure they do not realize I am really targeting them I write at the bottom. If you have no cats please pass this on to someone who has. Sometimes I even send a letter to the neighbour or whoever advised me of the situation so if the person targeted tells them about the letter they too can honestly say I have received one too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version