Author Topic: Which 'Spot on' ?  (Read 1202 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: Which 'Spot on' ?
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 16:02:01 PM »
Thanks for your input guys. I think I might try the Effipro - but not until after Alfie has had his cattery holiday. Local catteries are unkeen on Frontline as they find cats treated with it tend to be the ones that pick up fleas. I haven't seen a sign of fleas since we cleared Alfie when he came to us - but I have had to deal with a tick  :censored:

So I might use something like the Advocate pre-cattery and Efipro when we are just going to be at home.

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 12:19:20 PM »
I use the Programme plus injection on the cats here and it does work on ticks they bite go grey and fall off, I also use the Programme plus tablets for the dogs as we have Deer and sheep on the doorstep literally with the deer and have no adverse effects
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 01:31:49 AM »
My vet doesnt stock it either and buy online but dont use very much............once a year unless I see a flea which dont do.

I thiunk vets stopped stocking it because the comapny didnt give good enough deal cos its funny how they all stopped.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 00:30:54 AM »
My vet recommended Frontline combo for Felicity but not sure if it works on ticks.
I prefer Stronghold but new vets dont stock !

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 20:35:39 PM »
http://www.animeddirect.co.uk/effipro-spot-on-cat-flea-treatment-pack-of-4.html

We're not in a ticky area so never get them, but I've been using this for fleas all year and it claims to treat ticks too. Same basic ingredient as Frontline but this works a treat. Leaves a sticky residue though, but is a lot cheaper.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 14:11:23 PM »
I use Stronghold, dont know if it works on ticks though.

I like it cos fleas do not have to bite to die they just get on a cat and they are history!

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Which 'Spot on' ?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 13:57:27 PM »
There seems to be a fair amount of 'Frontline' resistance locally. Our vet likes 'Advocate' but it doesn't protect against ticks, I've had to remove one this year so far and I really loathe the little  :censored:

Any suggestions regarding what to use and where to get it at a good price please?

Link to CatChat