Author Topic: Why do they not understand it's the weekend and I need to lie in.  (Read 2214 times)

Offline Ellen2010

• Distinguished Cat
  • Sophie 9/93 - 3/10/11 Play hard my little angel
  • Slave to: Timmy, Baby, Danita, Tia, Miffy and Domino
Re: Why do they not understand it's the weekend and I need to lie in.
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 19:15:32 PM »
Ellen - Sophie is lovely but what was she watching on TV before you ruined her viewing!!  :rofl:
Liz, I am surprised the clan allow you ANY sleep!  :rofl:

It could of been anything from a wildlife programme to snooker, she is a character still and caught her early hours this morning (when I was woken by Domino pouncing on my head at 3am for his midnight snack) watching the TV in the bedroom and that was the news and it had the headlines going across the bottom which she was paying great interest in it (she has been known to attack the TV when she so decides to, both have scratches on the screens from Sophie  :rofl:).
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 13:09:56 PM »
Jaffa seemed to think that 3.30am was getting up time this morning  :shify:

Offline rebalsi

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Rufus and Sapphire
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 22:35:20 PM »
I think my cats are just lazy - they are normally still asleep at 7am and my little boy normally has me up before 6am anyway!

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 19:44:14 PM »
Noah can tell the time as I have timed evening mews at every ten minutes, starting between 5pm and 6pm regardless of breakfast time (varies depending on my work patterns).  :tired:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 18:48:43 PM »
Our lie ins consist of get up inject diabetic Sweetie, walk dogs, split up the Clan in to indoor/outdoor and indoor only, do grit boxes top up bowls and then go back to bed :rofl:

Ours have us so well trained :shocked: :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Ellen2010

• Distinguished Cat
  • Sophie 9/93 - 3/10/11 Play hard my little angel
  • Slave to: Timmy, Baby, Danita, Tia, Miffy and Domino
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 18:36:04 PM »
Cats just don't get weekends do they? To them, "Every day is like Sunday" (I used to have a cat called Morrissey!).

Love the pics. I took more this morning too and you're absolutely right, I now have about 20 of Drum and one or two of Bass (even when she graces us with her presence, she manages to have her eyes shut in almost every one!).

Managed to get one of her last night in a rare relaxed pose.

What is the deal with this!! Do they go Black cat night school to learn this??? I really struggle to take nice pic or  in the really nice ones she just looks like a blob!

I think they may but here is one of my oldie that is a rarity in itself as she loves glaring at the camera lol. PS This was taken a couple of years before being diagnosed with Renal Failure and FLUTD.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 18:41:59 PM by Ellen2010 »
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 14:05:21 PM »
My two get to go out early at the weekends as there are no people using the lane as a short cut to get to work, so I open the cat flap make myself a cuppa and then go back to bed. The problem is if I am not up by about 8:30 they come back in and start to jump on, run over me and meow 'til I give in and get up - then they go out again  :rofl:   Guess you just can't win once they have you well trained  ;D

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 13:34:55 PM »
Apparently, natural light is best and no flash: http://www.flickr.com/groups/cutecat/discuss/72157601112113497/
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 12:31:46 PM »
Cats just don't get weekends do they? To them, "Every day is like Sunday" (I used to have a cat called Morrissey!).

Love the pics. I took more this morning too and you're absolutely right, I now have about 20 of Drum and one or two of Bass (even when she graces us with her presence, she manages to have her eyes shut in almost every one!).

Managed to get one of her last night in a rare relaxed pose.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 12:39:56 PM by jezebel »
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 12:00:16 PM »
I feel your pain!  I'm afraid I go for tough love at weekends and if they wake me at 5.30am as normal (ok during the week as I get up at 6am anyway) I just put them out in the living room and shut the door.  There is usually a small amount of crying from Jaffa then it goes quiet and they, surprisingly, stay quiet until I go out to them (was 9.30am this morning!).

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
Why do they not understand it's the weekend and I need to lie in.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 11:55:48 AM »
nuff said, grrrr

Link to CatChat