Author Topic: Why are my Pedigree's such hard work ?  (Read 3377 times)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: Why are my Pedigree's such hard work ?
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 21:38:49 PM »
Our Ragdoll Mimin at the Clan is a rescue and can be a pain in the tonsils - she has indoor/outdoor access but due to her past doesn't like using a grit box so can be found in the bidet, the bath ot the sink and sometimes the floor and that causes the usual ok if she does it then the others follow suit not all the time but she is a pain she is a muck gatherer and should be bald she is groomed everyday and just breings everything home in her fur - she also gets her dinner in it! :rofl:

Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 20:23:23 PM »
Mmmm my 4 Bengals are hard work in that they are all so verbal and want attention all the time and the vet says that Mellika (only girl Bengal) has got the worst language she has ever heard   :rofl: and they are soooooo naughty but one of my Tabbies Tiggy is just as naughty - my OH says that she has learnt her bad manners off the Bengals  :rofl:  My other Tabby Charlie is the most laid back and chilled out cat I have ever met

I wouldnt be without a single one of them and love them all totally and completely.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 17:06:18 PM »
My worst sprayer is my ginge and white moggie Harry!  ;) - although I have to admit both Ben and Joe (persians) do spray occasionally.

Your Teabag sounds very like my Harry actually - the getting you up to open doors and stuff! the attention seeking - Harry will pace around the room and I know he wants to go out - thing is, there is a catflap he could easily use, but because I opened the door instead for him once, he expects it everytime now!  :evillaugh: - and if I don't get up - you can bet ya life - he'll go and spray somewhere!

No probs with food - they all eat more or less the same  :)

That is exactly Teabag,  he could use the catflap but wont,  if I dont let him in and out when he wants to go in and out he sprays  :Crazy:

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 16:12:50 PM »
I think Memphis and Dave are long lost twins! :evillaugh:

:evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Well if Dave ever needs a babysitter ...

I don't know how much of Memphy's behaviour is normal cat and how much is him. He is just incredibly perfect in his own way  :Luv2: He's turned all of my family who aren't can't lovers into cat lovers. Everyone who comes to visit just can't help falling in love with him. So it's so great to hear he has a long lost twin who can share the love all the way up North  :Luv2:

Maybe they are a breed of their own  :evillaugh:

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 16:01:10 PM »
:evillaugh: it's funny reading this thread.

Memphis is my first cat, so I have nothing to compare him to. He's an absolute delight, very funny ... well he's the first and only cat I've ever fallen head over heels in love with and just had to have.

He will play fetch all day long. His favourite fetch toy is his kitty kopter, but if that's not available he will make do with the most random items. Yesterday he decided he wanted to play fetch with his feather on a stick cat tickler thingy. After a while I put it away on top of my wardrobe out of the way. A few moments later there was a thud and a cat racing down the stairs yowling then dropped his stick at my feet and just sat there waiting for me to throw it. Bare in mind he's actually a small cat so these cat tickler sticks are an awful lot bigger than he is. It's just a typical Memphis thing to do. Just like when he once brought me a full size paint brush (the ones you paint walls with) because he wanted my to throw it.

If he can't find anything to play with he will just race around yowling, as if to say I want my kitty kopter.

He frequently sits in front of the tv/computer monitor.

He always sits on anything you are trying to read, making it impossible to turn the page.

He does not like doors being closed. But I keep him out of the kitchen and bathroom unless he's with me .. kitchen he gets into all sorts of mischief and bathroom he enjoys shredding toilet roll. He only ever does it when he's on his own in there. If you close any door and it doesn't fully click shut he always knows and will be in the room like a flash.

He's very, very, very clingy. I can't go anywhere in the house without him following. If I'm on the go he is too, he will only settle down when I do. Usually then his settling down involves sitting on me.

He is incredibly nosey. Any shopping and he's straight in there investigating, any parcels and he's on or in the box in record time. Doing on work on the house and is straight there helping out. Usually his helping involves moving things, that might not need moving  :scared: So things do tend to go walkabouts.

He always wants cuddles.

When I eat my dinner at the table he likes to join and sits on the table in front of my plate. Usually hovering around. He's not pushy though, but makes a good table decoration.

I guess to some people he might seem hard work or high maintenance, but for me I wouldn't want anything less. He's an absolute joy and he's hilarious. Although, a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

I think Memphis and Dave are long lost twins! :evillaugh:

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 15:39:17 PM »
 :evillaugh: it's funny reading this thread.

Memphis is my first cat, so I have nothing to compare him to. He's an absolute delight, very funny ... well he's the first and only cat I've ever fallen head over heels in love with and just had to have.

He will play fetch all day long. His favourite fetch toy is his kitty kopter, but if that's not available he will make do with the most random items. Yesterday he decided he wanted to play fetch with his feather on a stick cat tickler thingy. After a while I put it away on top of my wardrobe out of the way. A few moments later there was a thud and a cat racing down the stairs yowling then dropped his stick at my feet and just sat there waiting for me to throw it. Bare in mind he's actually a small cat so these cat tickler sticks are an awful lot bigger than he is. It's just a typical Memphis thing to do. Just like when he once brought me a full size paint brush (the ones you paint walls with) because he wanted my to throw it.

If he can't find anything to play with he will just race around yowling, as if to say I want my kitty kopter.

He frequently sits in front of the tv/computer monitor.

He always sits on anything you are trying to read, making it impossible to turn the page.

He does not like doors being closed. But I keep him out of the kitchen and bathroom unless he's with me .. kitchen he gets into all sorts of mischief and bathroom he enjoys shredding toilet roll. He only ever does it when he's on his own in there. If you close any door and it doesn't fully click shut he always knows and will be in the room like a flash.

He's very, very, very clingy. I can't go anywhere in the house without him following. If I'm on the go he is too, he will only settle down when I do. Usually then his settling down involves sitting on me.

He is incredibly nosey. Any shopping and he's straight in there investigating, any parcels and he's on or in the box in record time. Doing on work on the house and is straight there helping out. Usually his helping involves moving things, that might not need moving  :scared: So things do tend to go walkabouts.

He always wants cuddles.

When I eat my dinner at the table he likes to join and sits on the table in front of my plate. Usually hovering around. He's not pushy though, but makes a good table decoration.

I guess to some people he might seem hard work or high maintenance, but for me I wouldn't want anything less. He's an absolute joy and he's hilarious. Although, a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 15:35:28 PM »
my benglie isn't hard work a bit noiser but not hard work

Zebedee is hard work & noisey  :Luv: :Luv: - but  love him so much xxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 15:09:38 PM »
My worst sprayer is my ginge and white moggie Harry!  ;) - although I have to admit both Ben and Joe (persians) do spray occasionally.

Your Teabag sounds very like my Harry actually - the getting you up to open doors and stuff! the attention seeking - Harry will pace around the room and I know he wants to go out - thing is, there is a catflap he could easily use, but because I opened the door instead for him once, he expects it everytime now!  :evillaugh: - and if I don't get up - you can bet ya life - he'll go and spray somewhere!

No probs with food - they all eat more or less the same  :)

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 15:02:57 PM »

We have 3 moggies and a Burmese.

Lirael is the most demanding cat I’ve ever had the pleasure of dealing with. If we are sat in the living room (a no go area for Lirael do to her habit of trying and failing to jump up on the 36inch flat screen tv) she yowls while bringing us her toys so when you open the living room door for anything the toys fall down on the floor (there is a 2 inch drop) and therefore you can’t shut the door properly. So Lirael gets in the room.

She yowls when you sneeze – every single time.

She chews on furniture, especially anything that is wood (her favourite is anything from Ikea).

And if you are watching something on the computer she will go and sit in front of it while you try and get her to move.

At very least she no longer steals things from my husband in an attempt to get his attention.

Oh she also chews on anything paper.

And we have a large amount of books in the house.

However, she is very loveable and will sleep in my arms every night. Which makes up for everything ;)

(note, Gizmo our tabby moggie also chews on paper and wakes me at 5am every morning for fuss – so maybe it’s not just Burmese!)

(note 2, most of the paper related issues wouldn't be an issue if my husband wasn't so messy - so technically husbands are hard work!)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 14:56:09 PM »
my benglie isn't hard work a bit noiser but not hard work

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 14:52:47 PM »
My two aren't high maintenance except you cant shut doors around the house as they open them!  I love their intelligence/cheekiness, They aren't very needy either, mum accused them of not being affectionate but it's on their terms they are super loving.

Your number 3 isn't high maintenence either although he's too short to open doors yet  :evillaugh:  I've not met a high maintenence NFC yet and that's part of what I love about the breed  :Luv:

I spent 2 days last summer at a show with Pinball penned in amongst all the Bengals and with Siamese/Orientals behind them and they all drove me to drink! Never in my life have I met such naughty, demanding and noisy cats!  :Crazy:
Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 14:36:23 PM »
My two aren't high maintenance except you cant shut doors around the house as they open them!  I love their intelligence/cheekiness, I think Nova's quirk of using the bathtub as a litter tray is just Nova liking it in there  :doh:  They aren't very needy either, mum accused them of not being affectionate but it's on their terms they are super loving.

Oh I forgot  :evillaugh: Even though they dont always come running when called they do like acting as ten foot shadows, if i go upstairs i wait a few seconds and two cats will tear up behind me - likewise if I go downstairs  :rofl:

My mums moggie Blue is really high maintenance, she sprays EVERYWHERE and has ruined carpets, electrical goods

My cases are down to individual cats temperments I think.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 18:04:14 PM »
Well my Dave is a pure bred moggy so far as I can tell but he is the highest maintenance cat I have ever come across. Jealous? Check. Demanding? Check. Naughty? Check. He drives me to the point of madness every single day but he doesn't care and knows my threats to take him to the Edinburgh cat and dog home fall on deaf ears.

I think a lot of it is purely down to temperament but some breeds are probably more predisposed to being high maintenance than others.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 17:57:08 PM »
Try Bengal's you'll think yours are the sweetest most well behaved  kitties ever - Bengals are a pain - but that is why I love them.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 17:45:54 PM »
All 4 of mine are fussy eaters amd Misa moggie and Franta birman are very jealous of each other and the lappy.

Both birmans are coming up to 17 yrs old and the breed is known as people cats and Franta is deremined now that he will be with a people most of the time, or followeing onem clawing by accident or biting deliberately.................sigh

Misa has decided he will copy Franta and if possible get into frantas best place for people attention and to look down on Franta.

Ducha birman steals my pillow and licks may hair and plots and plans to get his own way.

Birmans are supposedly very intelligent cats but its only in last few months mine have showed their sneaky me me me tactics  :rofl:

The least troublesome of the 4 is Sasa moggie but thats maybe just cos she hates people!

Offline Kucinta

• Adult Cat
  • Milo & Remy
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 17:34:53 PM »
My two Singapuras are pretty easy  (and an absolute pleasure) to deal with.  :Luv:

Only sore point is that they're not too keen on me clipping their claws. Plus once in a while they send the TV flying when they're playing 'chase' round the flat.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 15:08:07 PM »
I can't, in all honesty, deny that Mosi is hard work!  But I think that's more his individual temperament than his breed tbh.  I think some breeds can be hard work in general, but others are more chilled out.  You will get high maintenance moggies too.   Jaffa is quite high maintenance in his own way.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 13:30:07 PM »
I have 9 moggies and I pedigree Tonkenese....and my tonk is no more trouble then the rest.

I think it really does depend on the breed.

We have 2 burmese in the cattery atm and they are driving me insane  :shify:

Offline angel-77

• Senior Cat
  • Tia & Oscar
  • Slave to: Tia (Tee'bo) & Oscar (Oscardoodles)
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 13:17:43 PM »
My Oscar is an angel!! Must be the BSH temprament.

Tia is the nightmare!!!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 12:58:23 PM »
I've never had a pedigree so nothing to compare (although if a siamese came up in rescue at some point  :shify: ) Willow was hard work and it was said that she had some Burmese in her.

After being busy with college work recently, I started doing some spring cleaning the other day. In the main bathroom, there is a towel dryer. I washed the tiles down and found a little Willow gift up the wall. Funnily, I found it a bit upsetting to clean up a last reminder of her - that along with the eye splashes I cleaned off washing paintwork down around the house  :'(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 12:45:17 PM »
my Russian Blue is the easiest cat ever - lets the others eat his food if they want to, never demands fuss, though he loves having some, always concedes his place on the sofa or bed, never makes the slightest noise, and prefers to use his outside earth pit even if it's raining

mind you, put him in a carrier to go to the vet and he goes top of the list for troublemakers  :evillaugh:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
Why are my Pedigree's such hard work ?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 12:20:37 PM »
As you all probably know,  we have 8 Mogs,  2 Pedigrees and one AWOL.    The Mogs are all so good bless them,  all content to eat virtually anything,  all content to have a cuddle and not get jealous if another cat is about,  but the Pedigree's are driving me  :censored: mad at the moment.  Hazzle Dazzle has always been high maintenance,  he has a Teddy called Teddy Cricket that he sits on all the time and it was just yuck and it is in our living room so I had to wash it,   now Hazzle has peed all over it !,  OK he might not like the smell of it now it is clean but it was seriously yuck before,   he has also decided he is not going to eat anything apart from TechniCal chicken biscuits.  He is a burmese so is too intelligent for his own good and can open cupboards,  doors etc and has now taken to pulling all the kick boards down in the kitchen one after the other until he has been round the whole kitchen.    Teabag is a Tiffany and to be fair he isnt normally hard work but lately he has been spraying everywhere,  he even sprayed all over PPP yesterday much to her disgust,  he has taken to making me get up and down at least 3 times an hour to let him in or out,   he is demanding attention by bashing you on the legs when you walk past him (and it hurts as he uses his claws),  I would say that Teabag gets far more attention than any of the other cats anyway as he is 'always there' but lately it is getting beyond a joke,   I just went to dust the TV unit and found that Teabag has sprayed over all the DVD cases  :sick:.   So in short we will be off to the vets with Teabag to check there is nothing underlying causing this and we will plug in teh Feliways,  but OMG give me a Moggy any day far less work   :(

Link to CatChat