Author Topic: Why are some people so heartless?  (Read 1570 times)

Offline Angeladeedah

• Senior Cat
Re: Why are some people so heartless?
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 19:48:07 PM »
They probably would go that far though - yes, some cats don't venture far but there are the ones who love a wee adventure.

Offline Sheli_80

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to Henry and Charley
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 18:48:06 PM »
I agree that more people should take care when they live near a main road. My nieghbour was asking why mine don't get out as our road is pretty quiet. I had to explain that yes our road is quiet but it only takes a minute to get to the main road going into town and she says "oh they never go that far". I personally don't think it's worth the risk but some people don't seem to care and think cats can take care of themselves.

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 18:15:54 PM »
Exactly BC!

You know you would think people would learn their lesson  >:(
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 17:24:33 PM »
Oh how sad. There are some good people out there tho. My pupil told me that last week a cat got hit on their very quiet housing estate by a lad in his car and broke its leg. The lad took the cat to the vet , and when they found it was'nt chipped he took a photo of it with his phone and knocked on every door on the estate until he found the owners. He also paid for all the cats treatment.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 18:42:32 PM by Kirst »

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 13:11:39 PM »
More to the point, why couldn't the owners have learned from their past difficulties and provided appropriate care for their cat when they went away for a few days

This reminds me of a phone call I had from someone whose cat was involved in a RTA and broke a leg and asked for financial assistance. When I found out where she lived I mentioned that we would only have homed indoor cats where she lived as I hear of so many RTA's near. A while later I received a phone call from someone whose cat was involved in a RTA and broke a leg and asked for financial assistance, I recognized the voice and asked if she had contacted me before and  again I spoke to her of the dangers of her area and she replied, 'oh! is alright me ducks it was the other leg this time'
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Angeladeedah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 12:45:55 PM »
That's why my cats are not outdoors at all because I live right next to a very busy main road and I know other cats on the street that have been killed.    We have a 3-legged cat on our street too and yet it is still left outdoors all day (possibly night too) with no cat-flap.

Offline Marcia

• Distinguished Cat
  • R.I.P Jasmine 12/12/06 - 23/12/07
    • Pheonix-Gerbils
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 09:46:22 AM »
I didn't think about that  >:( and the house was right next to a main road  :(

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Loving mum to Holly, Tilly, Molly and Taco

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 09:36:33 AM »
Exactly BC! why people let their cats near roads in the first place does my head in and to go away and leave it and when it's already lots a leg from a RT accident well I hope they don't get another  >:(

:'( Godbless that poor little kitty xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 09:31:59 AM »
More to the point, why couldn't the owners have learned from their past difficulties and provided appropriate care for their cat when they went away for a few days ... >:(

Offline Marcia

• Distinguished Cat
  • R.I.P Jasmine 12/12/06 - 23/12/07
    • Pheonix-Gerbils
Why are some people so heartless?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 09:23:15 AM »
Yesterday, when me and my bf were on our way to our local woods to walk our ferrets, we saw a cat on the road. We stopped to see if it was ok but he was dead  :'( It was obvious that he had been hit by a car and left there  >:(
We went knocking on peoples doors and a very nice woman said that she knew who's cat it belonged too but they were away for the weekend. She took the poor moggie in and she's going to break the news to the owners.
The cat only had 3 legs and the woman did say that he lost his leg in a previous road accident  :-[

I just hope that the owners will be ok when they find out.

Why couldn't the person who hit the cat knock on peoples doors?!  :censored: Why leave it in the middle of the road?!

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Loving mum to Holly, Tilly, Molly and Taco

Link to CatChat