Author Topic: Who lives in Surrey?  (Read 1494 times)

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
Re: Who lives in Surrey?
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 20:02:02 PM »
I did some volunteering at Croydon Animal Samaritans a while back when I wasn't busy with work, but haven't been for a while. I know I could go back there and look at cats too, it's a family run combined cattery-kennel/cats home. Infact I might pop in there tomorrow on the way back.

I have never adopted an animal before but it has always been a 'dream' of mine as I can imagine how rewarding it must be. And right now I feel it is the right thing to do.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 19:45:36 PM »
We're not going to be there as it's our neighbouring branch- not actually us. If you don't find the perfects puss' tomorrow then let the volunteers know what you're looking for because they won't have all of their cats there, just a selection. I hope you find the cats for you, it's a lovely feeling to know you've given a rescue cat a home!  :Luv2: Can't wait to hear how you get on! I have never been to a croydon homing show but went to another branches a few weeks ago and it was good. I've not actually met any of the croydon branch volunteers  but I hear nothing but good things so hopefully it will be a great success for you and that they will home a lot of cats.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 19:44:27 PM »
Debsy might be - Much as I would love to I thibk Beavis would move out in disgust if I bought anymore kittens home! :evillaugh:

Jerry has just kicked him off his bundle of towels he was sleeping on and Gizzy has nicked his crunchies!  :tired:

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 19:40:59 PM »
Thank you!

This is where I'll be going tomorrow - are you going to be there?

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 19:36:14 PM »
Oooh hopefully the pusses for you will be there Helena! :wow:

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 18:54:28 PM »
Tigerbaby, Redhill is not at all far from Croydon- usually takes about 20 mins to get to the town centre when I go shopping. We don't have a shelter as such but use fosterers who have the cats in their own homes or in cat cabins in their garden which we provide. Maybe Croydon branch would be more convenient if you do wanna volunteer but we would definately be appreciative of the help too and quite often we are short of people to sort out things in Coulsdon area which is so close to Croydon. Things like home visits and trapping of strays are things we definately need in that area.

In terms of kittens, we don't have any at the moment but I know that Croydon branch of CP do (Cause they are our neighbouring branch we liaise quite closely with them!) .... their details are: http://croydoncpcats.org.uk/  There are some real cuties in need of homing on the website but I see that they are having a homing show very soon- tomorrow actually! (see website) which is a super way to get to see a range of cats and one or two would definately choose you! If you can;t make one that soon or aren't quite ready for a newbie then they ahve them quite regularly, just keep checking the website. The homing show tomorrow is at 10am-1pm and is at the URC Church Hall, Sanderstead, which is in south croydon. Basically, you go along and choose the cat/s you like... they do a home visit and then as long as you're approved which I am sure you would be, you can take the new puss home.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 18:53:41 PM »
I'm Surrey, but a bit of a way away in Woking  :)

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 18:42:58 PM »
Do you know how easy/hard it is to get to Redhill from Croydon? We sometimes drive past it on our way down to visit R's parents. If it's relatively easy I could pop down on a day off for some cat cuddling/general help/poop scooping.

Debsymiller - let me know if you get any litters of kittens in. Me and R want to adopt 2. Will keep them indoors only, really don't mind what they look like, boy/girl etc as long as they choose US. Partial to tabbies (who'd guess!) but love pure blacks and B/Ws, tortoises, gingers..

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 18:35:59 PM »
Well I'm in Redhill.. but my branch of CP covers from Redhill all the way over to the Kent Border and up to Coulsdon.
Do let me know if any of you fancy volunteering. It can be as little or as much as you can fit in- from the odd bit of transporting of cats, cat cuddling, fostering (in pens or in house), helpline, leafletting, trapping, home visits, you name it! Noone is comitted to doing anything more than would fit in happily with their lives and we all have roles that suit us. As a developing branch we are all keen and all get on well- have regular social nights too so it's a good way of making like minded friends!

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 12:14:20 PM »
Depending where in Surrey.....coz surrey starts just up the road from me

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 11:58:07 AM »
I live in Croydon, Surrey

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 22:56:26 PM »
Not me, just bumping this up in case any Surrey-ites have missed it  :wow:

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
Who lives in Surrey?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 18:32:07 PM »
Well I am just wondering if there is anyone who lives fairly near to me? Out of curiosoty more than anything but also because I may be able to rustle up some more volunteers. :)

Link to CatChat