Author Topic: When I was least expecting it!  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: When I was least expecting it!
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 22:02:41 PM »
How exciting  :wow: Freaky too 'cos I was only thinking of you, well you and Rosie, the other day as I hadn't seen you around for a while  :)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 20:59:56 PM »
It will be lovely to see her  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 20:23:42 PM »
Yes - Denise is posting some pictures soon  :waiting:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 20:09:27 PM »
Is rosie the little one who was attacked by dogs outside  :um:

Offline rosiesmum

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 19:53:34 PM »
Lol Mark!!!

Will post some of Rosie soon, I haven't been online much recently, but will sort out some piccies of my beautiful tortie and of the new addition soon - promise!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 08:44:04 AM »
Hi Denise,
Glad Rosie is getting a little friend - how is the gorgeous tortie? - we haven't had any photos for a while
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 07:03:56 AM »
That was great that the grandparents hand reared the kittens.  Best of luck with your new one.  Looking forward to seeing the regulation pix

Offline rosiesmum

• Senior Cat
When I was least expecting it!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 06:26:01 AM »
I went to see my Sister yesterday as she has rehomed another dog - that makes 3 now! and whilst I was there my Niece came home and told us about her friend's Granparents finding kittens in their barn a few months ago.

Apparently they were moving hay bales and found 6 kittens amongst the hay only a few days old. They moved the hay back and left them for a few days hoping that the mother would come back - but she didn't and they have hand reared them ever since with the help of their local vet, they are around 12 weeks old now.

I asked her what they were going to do with them and they have said that they want to keep a couple as farm cats and the others will go to a cat sanctuary (phew!!)

I wondered why they hadn't gone to the sanctuary already and of course - kitten season and there wasn't any room so they have kept them at the farm.

Well, to cut a long story short, later that evening my Neice called me at home asking if I would be prepared to have one, I went to have a look at them last night and have decided that I will have one!!, they all look so lovely and healthy, I haven't chosen one in particular, but said that whichever one comes up to me first will be the one I take home. There are 2 black, 2 ginger and 2 tabby.

So I am going to the farm again tomorrow to bring one home. I am hoping Rosie will be ok with the new addition! Will post piccies as son as I can. ;D

Link to CatChat