Author Topic: Whistling ... and communicating with our cat!  (Read 1502 times)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: Whistling ... and communicating with our cat!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 13:44:45 PM »
Yes, Blip loves whistling. You'll think I'm making this up, but I'm not, I promise - she particularly likes 'In Dulce Jubilo'. If both of us whistle that, in what we laughably refer to as harmony, she becomes quite ecstatic. Those who can whistle, do try this at home!

She also does the same thing as Misa when she wants my attention.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Whistling ... and communicating with our cat!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 22:55:14 PM »
I cant whistle LOL but Misa goes moi moi, and if I do it back we have quite a conversation  ;D. A year ago he had no chat at all except to squeak to himself when pouncing on invisible flying things but his vocabulary is enormous now, not that I understand much  :rofl:

I do undrestand moi moi and walking round my chair and towards the door though, and i am meant to follow and if I dont he will jump up on the desk and keep putting his paw on my arm or shoulder and looking straight into my eyes. if he thinks I am in attention mode, ie looking back at him and stroking , he will slide off the table and walk purposefully towards the door expecting me to be right behind ;D ;D

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
Whistling ... and communicating with our cat!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 21:31:28 PM »
We kept hearing a beep beep beep and wondered what on earth it was, wasnt a mobile etc, and we eventually found that it was one of those whistling key rings ... so my husband started to whistle to make sure that it was the key ring ... and Jasper our youngest started chatting away back to him.

Husband kept whistling and Jasper kept chatting away back to him - it's certainly not something he doesnt like the sound of as we know he would have ran away, can we really be communicating with our cat ... and if so what on earth are we saying!   :wow:

Does anyone else's cats respond when you whistle to them?

Link to CatChat