Cat General > Cat welfare Issues and News

Cardiff University experimenting on cats & kittens!

(1/3) > >>

SamMewl:
I used to work in biological science (trees not animals!) and was often disturbed by 'secure floors' in university buildings that you couldn't enter without a key/code. Whilst I worked in science I made a point of contributing to the Dr Hadwen Trust http://www.drhadwentrust.org/ some of their research into alternatives to animal testing (and by CAAT in the US http://caat.jhsph.edu/ ) have been taken up by universities, so contributing can actually make a difference to the numbers of animals that suffer in this way. Without alternatives to using animals scientists can be very deaf to protest. Not that it would make a difference with people like these Cardiff university researchers who cannot justify in anyway what they have been doing.

Mark:

--- Quote from: Janeyk on October 14, 2010, 19:44:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: Mark on October 14, 2010, 17:40:37 PM ---I think these kind of things need to be exposed on TV - that is why I tried the CP route but I couldn't even get put through to anyone. They advised phoning the RSPCA or the police  :tired:

--- End quote ---

Me too.  Isn't anything worth a try?

--- End quote ---

It is - unfortunately, animal experiments are legal, so the police/RSPCA can't do a thing - they need to be shamed into stopping and the university needs to be threatened with loss of income. As was pointed out in the article, the university is funded with taxpayers money.

Janeyk:

--- Quote from: Mark on October 14, 2010, 17:40:37 PM ---I think these kind of things need to be exposed on TV - that is why I tried the CP route but I couldn't even get put through to anyone. They advised phoning the RSPCA or the police  :tired:

--- End quote ---

Me too.  Isn't anything worth a try?

Mark:
I think these kind of things need to be exposed on TV - that is why I tried the CP route but I couldn't even get put through to anyone. They advised phoning the RSPCA or the police  :tired:

Janeyk:
It's absolutely barbaric  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version