Author Topic: Some people  (Read 1539 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Some people
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 00:02:33 AM »
was someone wanting help with a stray that turned up over the weekend, and they need help as they are moving in a couple of weeks.

Strange how so many of the people who find a 'stray' cat are moving very soon, even stranger sometimes is how they know its name and exact age.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 18:42:51 PM »
I dont tend to get that many calls Ela, there are people on here with much more experience than me.
I have had another one tonight though - the phone was ringing as I Walked through the door, answered it and it was someone wanting help with a stray that turned up over the weekend, and they need help as they are moving in a couple of weeks. I was desperate for the loo and was only home early cos of a vet visit, which I did tell the bloke. Took a few details, and decided to think about that one when I got back from the vets, cos I needed to speak to someone who was interested in a cat first. Got back, and he had left a message 20 mins after talkign to me and one of the things he said was 'I thought someone was going to ring me back' - how quickly do these people think we can work at times?? I had said I was going to the vets!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 09:17:38 AM »
I think between us we could write a book about our telephone calls couldn't we?
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Some people
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 07:55:15 AM »
I had a phone call at 11.30 last night, didn't fully take in the question I was asked, just heard the word animal, so agreed. A bloke said that there had been a cat hanging round for 2 hours, could we go and get it. Blearily checking the time, I said that it was too late to go out - his response was 'I thought you were an animal centre'!! I Asked if he could put it in a bathroom, or a shed until the morning when we could look and he said no, they dont like touching cats, they have 2 kids with asthma and they live on a council estate, so no sheds or anything. He sounded really put out that I wasn't willing to go over there that instant, and then couldn't give him any alternative numbers!!
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat