Author Topic: Hels  (Read 3160 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Hels
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2006, 11:54:13 AM »
Hels I see you are online, how is Perkins?
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Catwhisperer

• Adult Cat
  • LUVERLY LUNA !
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2006, 14:40:43 PM »
Ela I've just sent you a PM
Liz
LOVE IS  -  FURRY FACE RUBS !

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2006, 13:41:27 PM »
I do hope Perkins is OK

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 10:12:02 AM »
What is the latest on Perkins please?

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 13:52:53 PM »
Just want to second what Ela said and generally make supportive noises  :Luv: you're working hard for this fella.
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2006, 16:36:15 PM »
To put everyone's mind at ease re the co-ordinator at Hels' CP, she is a lovely girl who is very, very unwell herself in many ways, holds down a full time job (is single...so no-one to help her at home) and works extremely hard for the cats.

While I appreciate what you say and no matter how nice a person is the interest of the cats in care are paramount.  CP HQ would not be happy if anything happens to Perkins because proper vet treatment was not given. You cannot take no for an answer. I assume your branch has an account at the vets, If it were one of my fosterers I would expect them to take the cat to the vets , he decides what needs to be done and it is done immediately. and put on our bill. You as a fosterer are not responsible for the bill.

If your group do not have an account at the vets then I suggest you ask the vet to ring the Co-orinator and tell her what needs doing and if she will not pay I would expect the vet to ring CP HQ and have a word with them. This cannot be left.

Offline hels

• Adult Cat
  • george tink jap connie riley morgan josh perkins
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 15:21:01 PM »
thats why i dont want to speak badly of her Roz she is lovely and does so much. I will call her later and talk to her about having the full bloods done. Its hard to know if perkins is small for his age because he was a stray

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 12:17:17 PM »
Hi Hels,

Yes, take him to see Nigel (Belgrove) at Cromwells.? As Lynn said, it's around the ?100 mark for the complete bloods but you'll get the results back within 24 hours at the hospital and you'll feel a whole lot better then.

To put everyone's mind at ease re the co-ordinator at Hels' CP, she is a lovely girl who is very, very unwell herself in many ways, holds down a full time job (is single...so no-one to help her at home) and works extremely hard for the cats.

Just thought I would say that because it's true and I wouldn't like anyone to feel badly about her.

Best wishes,

Roz
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 10:29:47 AM »
perkins is a foster kit isnt he ? you shouldnt be paying for it then !!

How big is he for his age ?? ?with a shunt i would have expected him to be slightly small for age (accom other symtoms just so peeps dont think if they have a small cat theres something wrong!) but i think there are varying degrees of the condition so maybe his size wouldnt be affected yet.

I might be inclined to go for the whole bloods test inc fiv / felv in one go, this means only 1 sample for perkins and would only be around the ?100 mark and then you'd have a really good picture and know whether this lad can be put up for rehoming or not or what type of home would be appropriate

Offline hels

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 11:15:22 AM »
so what should I do take him back to the vets? which is more important that he gets tested for general bloods or fiv or felv? he has got a lot better and i cant help thinking he just wasnt well before but i'd like to be sure of course. i would just pay for it myself but i cant afford it.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 08:12:21 AM »
As you  know I suggested previously Perkins must be tested  please remember you are Perkins only voice. I do not think CP HQ would be too please if they knew someone was not taking the vets advice. If the Co-ordinator does not agree you know someone will take it further and complain to CP HQ and she would not like that , would she? Whatever is she doing in that position if she cannot know it is a must.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 07:49:24 AM »
Hels, if he is a CP cat and the vet suggests tests, they should be doing it, I Can't see why she would say wait and see if the vet has said it, and I think you need to have another chat with her.
Please spay your cat

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 17:25:50 PM »
yes hels think he must be tested sooner rather than later, i was thinking about it after your original posting on cc and shunt cropped to my mind but he doesnt display much other symtoms yet does he ??

maybe it hasnt gone on long enough to build up to that stage but a general blood test should be performed also, advising you to keep an eye on his gums turning yellow isnt good (ps whites of eyes more noticable that pink gums!)  by the time jaundice is present its generally a worse stage !

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 16:28:24 PM »
Sorry I can't remember but is Perkins the CP cat if so and the vet has suggested testing they they must get Perkins tested. Even if it means asking HQ for funds. How on earth can the little one be put up for homing until the prognosis is known. If it is not the CP cat then I am sorry, although If a vet advises testing then it should go ahead in my opinion.

Offline hels

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 16:11:25 PM »
The vet said he should be blood tested for FIV and FELV  but I've not managed to get that done yet. I really dont want to get into an arguement about anything but i suggested it to the lady at the CP and she said that we'll wait and see how he does. I dont have the money myself to get him tested. The vet also mentioned a liver shunt and said to keep an eye on his gums turning yellow...

Perkins in himself is doing better, he started to play again and is running about more

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
Hels
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 15:40:21 PM »
any update on perkins ?? what has the vet done or suggested ?

Link to CatChat