Author Topic: A slightly bigger than little show bragette...  (Read 2441 times)

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
Re: A slightly bigger than little show bragette...
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2008, 22:06:21 PM »
Just caught up with this one as I've been away from Purrs and just wanted to say how fantastic it is to know Pearl won BIS. Of course we all know how wonderful she is and it's good to know the judges agreed. Well done Pearl, hope you are still basking in your glory  :Luv2:

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 22:49:45 PM »
Thanks folks, I trully appreciate all the good wishes.

Pearl's first BIS is just so amazing and to be honest, a part of it belongs to all of her Aunties here on Purrs. You've all supported us through thick and thin on the show bench and well, what more can I say once again but THANK YOU!!!  :Flowers:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 15:17:19 PM »
Well done again Pearl!  :1st place: (and Witty!)  ;D

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 11:14:12 AM »
Well done Pearl you have done it again ;D

Thats one in the eye for your furry neighbour :P

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 10:32:52 AM »
Yay  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Well done Pearl you gorgeous wee stunner you :Luv:

That's excellent news Witty, I'm well chuffed for both you you  :hug: ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 09:18:01 AM »
Aw congratulations, Pearl!  And Witty ;)

She's so pretty, what a fab turn out.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 07:52:03 AM »
wow! talk about mounting excitement - you must have been beside yourself Witty!!! Well done Pearl, and you seem a little less than impressed with all the fuss and trophies, lol. Lovely wee girl  :Luv:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 00:03:28 AM »
Well done Pearl!  :1st place:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 23:58:05 PM »
Well done Pearl  :1st place:  ;D ;D

Maybe she was so happy not to have to get up early and travel that she thought , I know , I will win this one  ;D

Offline likabu

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 22:08:33 PM »
That's brill.  I love the 2nd picture.

Lisa

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 21:50:16 PM »
 :congrats: To the beautiful Pearl  :Luv: :Luv:

Oh and congrats to you too Witty  :evillaugh:

What a wonderful day you have both had  :yesss:

Pearl is gorgeous  :Luv2: :Luv2: and I think she should visit her Auntie Eliie to celebrate  :naughty:

Well done again and cuddles to Pearl and the Tobster of course  :cuddle: :cuddle: :cuddle:

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 21:38:35 PM »
yeay, well done Pearl!  :1st place:

Bet you are now having a well earned cup of tea!

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 21:28:54 PM »
WELL DONE PEARL!!!! We knew you'd do it  ;D ;D ;D

Lots of love, purrs and headbutts
Lottie and the Team
xxx
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
A slightly bigger than little show bragette...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 21:25:17 PM »
Goodness, where to start...  :o

Pearl and I were showing at the Ely & District CP pet cat show - a household pet show to raise much-needed funds. It's the branch's main fundraising event and attracts the best household pets in the area. As both Pearl and Toby were homed from Ely CP, I always support the event by entering Pearl in the show.

There was an entry of 39 cats (two absent), which included a Supreme group winner, several Supreme class winners, National class winners and winners of GCCF championship shows. The standard of the entry is extremely high for such a small show.

Madam Pearl's open class was Shorthaired Non-Pedigree Female. It was the biggest open class in the show with fourteen cats entered, all of them present. For judging purposes, the class was split into three sections according to age; 3 and under, 4 to 9 and 9 and over.

Pearl put on a lovely performance for her open class judge (by being nosey) and won her section, beating in the process Cleo, a lovely tortie who she's never beaten at a show before - that in itself was a brilliant achievement.  :smile: Then, Pearl went one better, beating the other two section winners (another lovely 10 month old blue girl and a stunning veteran blue-cream and white) to win the open class overall and therefore get the BIS nominaiton as the best shorthaired female.  :yesss:

She did brilliantly in her side classes too, with two firsts (cat shown before but not won BIS & cat shown in best condition), a second and a third. She also won an award for the best local cat.  :attention:

I had brilliant fun during the day as I helped out by putting all the rosettes on the pens (by which I mean ALL the rosettes in ALL the classes for ALL the cats) which is a brilliant way to see the gorgeous cats in the show.  :blow kiss: Unfortunately I now have no feeling in my feet...  :evillaugh:

Anyway, Pearl had her chance to go across the table for the BIS judging against the three other non-ped group / open class winners; a tortie longhair girl, a longhair ginger kitten and a tabby & white shorthaired boy. All the cats did really well going across the table and it was a very tough line-up from which to choose the non-ped BIS. :um: I wouldn't have wanted to have been those three judges...  :Nooooo:

But when the judges did choose their BIS...

They chose Pearl!!!

I was absolutely gobsmacked to say the least. Well, to be totally honest, I was in tears. To see my special little girl do so well in such a tough show and take her place in the posh pen at the front of the hall was just utterly overwhelming. It is her FIRST EVER best in show and to do it at her local show (I live 5 mins away from the show hall) is very special indeed. She is my little star :wish: and i love her to bits.  :blow kiss:

She won a beautiful rosette, two lovely trophies along with some toys and other goodies - they're sat here on the table and even though they're infront of me, I still can't quite believe it. I fully expect to wake up and think that it was nothing but a dream - think this one is going to take quite a while to sink in, even more so than the TICA show.

To be able to share the win with some great friends I've made in the cat fancy was even better; Linda who fostered Pearl when she was rescued and who encouraged me to show, Philippa, Ruth (who came down all the way from Leeds), Steve, Jenny, Rod and all the rest of the folks from Ely CP. It's absolutely amazing! :Flowers:

Oh yes, and then I umm, added to a good day by winning the photo show - not with Pearl this time, but with a photo of Philippa's black & white boy, Kinky.  :no: Philippa let me have the rosette, but in turn I owe Kinky a box of his favourite treats.  ;) Sounds fair to me!  :agree:

I certainly won't be forgetting this day in a hurry...  :yesss: Have attached a pic or two of Madam Pearl in her posh BIS pen.

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat