Author Topic: How are your Christmas decorations and cards surviving ?  (Read 3796 times)

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
Re: How are your Christmas decorations and cards surviving ?
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2006, 12:13:38 PM »
No tree or real decs in my house ..cats ate all the tinsel and smashed baubles last year !!
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline sonya

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ozzy Daisy and Ebony
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 22:30:10 PM »
Wow, wonder if I can persuade her to do some for my bubs for next year, they look so good  ;D

Cats are like vodkas-you cant just have one

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 22:26:30 PM »
Yes, those are the ones that Hannah made for me and we gave a donation  :)  They look good in the pic but are even more fab when you seen them  :)

Offline sonya

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ozzy Daisy and Ebony
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2006, 22:24:28 PM »
ooh Linda they look fab, are they the ones that you won in the auction??

Sonya
 x

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 22:22:01 PM »
Just put the boys stockings up on the fireplace - they are sooo cute.............Wonder how long these will last l :evillaugh:
Spent the day wrapping pressies and writing cards.  Tomorrow its the food shopping aghhhh

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 22:24:12 PM by Linda (Bengalbabe) »

Offline tammy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Smudge
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 19:41:28 PM »
 :rofl: Sorry Sonya had to laugh.Although I must say that if that was my house I wouldnt find it so funny!!!

Offline sonya

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ozzy Daisy and Ebony
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 19:10:45 PM »
Well, my tree was looking gorgeous until Daisy decided it is her most favourite place in the world to launch herself at Ozzy from and him being such a lardboy, cant be bothered to chase her back so hes just been chucking baubles at her. Now it seems Dizzy Daisy  has managed to persuade Ebony that it is the funniest thing ever to swing from the beads and wrap themselves up in my tinsel cos everytime my backs turned, there the two of them are trying to dress each other up in my decorations  :rofl:  They are all rather partial to a bit of tinsel so it seems and have taken to having footie matches in my kitchen, (dont baubles go fast on laminate  :rofl:) and like I have said before Daisy is practising for her footie trials at Newcastle United by using my lovely new expensive baubles! 

Sonya
  x

Offline tammy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Smudge
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2006, 10:47:20 AM »
That sounds sweet Chris. Reminds me of my Smudge. The year b4 last my sister bought me a book on cats and how to best look after them, my Smudge was only 5-6 months then.She had such a great time playing with it I never did get to read it!! As Smudge is no longer with us I have no problem with Cristmas decor as Fluffy is too old and mild mannered to be phased by it all.

Offline Debbie

• Senior Cat
  • Sam - missing since 29th August 2007 xx
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 22:38:13 PM »
I put my tree up tonight and am seriously regretting it!  Sam appears to be on a piece of elastic which is attached to the tree - he wont leave it alone, arghhh!  Might have to move it to the dining room, as the living room is open plan to upstairs.  I dread to think what it will be like when I am out.

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 11:51:42 AM »
The Christmas tree hasn't gone up yet as my OH and I are away from tomorrow lunchtime until Friday afternoon and Bilbo can't be trusted. Cards have survived so far as he's outside most of the time and Tigger wouldn't even think about touching them (she's a goody two shoes)
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

ccmacey

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 10:42:58 AM »
Ha ha thats so funny, just imagine if she gets hold of the real thing.  :-: Well my tree survived about a week, now its sitting looking all sorry for itself, I'm not going to bother fixing it, i wouldn't of put 1 up, its only that Ive got a 23 month old son and i had to make a Christmas for him. :)
 and the cards get selotaped onto the back of my living room door.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 08:43:36 AM »
So far so good with the tree, no real interest shown yet.

The cards haven't been eaten yet, but are getting knocked over at every given opportunity, bless him!  He's got a new regime of dibbing the cds over first, then knocking all the DVDs over, then the cards ....... lovely at 3am - I wake up thinking we've got burglars  :Crazy:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 08:07:57 AM »
We went on the more trees angle this year so have fibre optics in the conservatory and diningroom and put up a tree with baubles, beads and lights in the family room or the indoor cats feeding room and this is the one they are favouring it has all the unbreakable ornaments we could find and beads and no tinsel and they are having a ball in dismantling it and  Robin rebuilding it and the other stuff is being left alone!

They do however seem to have it in for the Christmas teddies in the lounge and conservatory and current favourites are the raindeer and Robins so we put them back daily to but they are having fun and leraving the majority of stuff alone and with 37 thats a feat in its self.

I'm sure as Christmas eve draws closer and the catnip party will start to form we have a catnip sack each from Cp - they even smell after 10 washes! :wow:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 23:14:29 PM »
Not one of my cards are still upright.  I can't be bothered to put them back up any more.  I suppose it is asking a bit much to expect them to walk around them.  There is room but why would they want to do that when they can knock them over  :rofl:

Tree is surviving very well.  I've had to move their cat tree temporarily to make space for it so it's now standing not far from the tree and Mosi's happy to climb that instead (it's taller than the tree).
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 23:15:04 PM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 23:01:18 PM »
I've decided no tree this year - the bengal boys would pull it down at every opportunity  :evillaugh:
Cards,mmmm - Lenny has a thing for chewing up paper and spitting the wet soggy bits all over the floor.  You can imagine how good my cards look!   :rofl:

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
How are your Christmas decorations and cards surviving ?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 22:59:10 PM »
How is everyone getting on with their cats and Christmas decorations ?   One of our 7 month old kittens, Ellie, just loves the Christmas cards.    She picks them up and runs around the room with them in her mouth - funnily enough has one particular favourite which is looking bit worse for wear which I have noticed she finds wherever I stand it.   I'm sure it is pure coincidence but it does picture a large robin !
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Link to CatChat