Author Topic: Re: am fuming - people honestly!! - CC back @ Harbour - Now @ R-Bow Bridge  (Read 22834 times)

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Re: am fuming - people honestly!!!!
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 08:23:18 AM »
that she will - we'll be heading off to collect her for around 3pm - will update you all when we get back as to how she is :hug:
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 20:54:53 PM »
Hope CC is ok and finds a loving forever home, hugs to her  :hug: xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 19:37:31 PM »
I do hope CC is well and will recover from her mental scars, Loads of cuddles and strokes from me too  :hug: :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 19:35:12 PM »
I can't believe how callous some people can be. We had a lovely big old tabby that was rehomed to an 80 year old woman. After a while she phoned and said he was peeing all over the place and wanted us to take him back - which was odd as he had never peed at the fosterers house. When I wen to collect him, we got chatting and she let it slip that her daughter has insisted she get rid of the cat as she was having a hip replacement and the daughter didn't want the bother - I'm sure he wasn't peeing around the house at all  >:(. He was rehomed to some monks  :evillaugh:

For that and many other reasons, I'm glad this woman didn't get Alice. The day I took Alice to the vets from the fosterer and they suspected her abcess was cancer, I was meant to be taking Alice to show the lady as she had no transport. Sharon thought it wise not to show her in case Alice did have it. As it turned out, she did - after her surgery, the vet said he didn't think it was a good idea for her to recover in an outdoor cattery so I said I would look after her for a week or two - the rest as they say is history (2 1/2 years on and she is fast asleep downstairs  :rofl: :Luv2:

DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 19:26:05 PM »
Sarah, people are pretty good at saying the "right things" to make you trust them. I'm sorry this couple were so awful to poor CC not to mention such utter liars.

Sending CC a big fuss for her arrival. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 15:22:49 PM »
Hugs will be a plenty guys for CC when we go to the other rescue to collect her.  Its around an hour n a half away so will be an afternoons trek I just hope that she is OK when we get there.  The other rescue have said she is fine but I will know better once I've seen her myself.

I just don't understand their attitude at all and can only put it down to the fact that they weren't willing to take responsibility for being the cause of their own problems and our poor wee harbour babe was stuck in the middle as they didn't wish to be confronted or have to make an effort to get off their backsides to get her to us.  They obviously didn't think I would get in touch with the other rescue or follow up on what was going on and had a wee panic to herself ringing ahead to tell the other rescue how 'horrible' we are!!   >:(

She will be safe from harm back here by tomorrow night for sure.  The only other concern we have just now is that CC so called owners daughter who was also at the centre of the whole twisted saga also has a harbour baby.  Am SO angry really am.

We'll be waiting to see how CC is on her return and give her some time and love to settle before we make any decisions regarding her future.

Anyone who knows Paul and I know only too well the love, care and commitment we make to each and every little one that comes through our door and for someone to be as twisted and nasty really got me irate yesterday. 

Must say thank you to Caroline  too though (timsmum) she got a real earful of my ranting ALL day lol but was a godsend throughout the whole thing as always x  :hug:

Offline timsmum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 15:04:42 PM »
as you say sarah, people..... some care very much some just dont give a  :censored: they are the sort of people who seem selfish and quite simply not nice people at all there very well might be a banana skin on a path somewhere with her name on it  :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 14:50:02 PM »
poor cc - hope she finds the forever home she deserves

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 14:33:10 PM »
Poor CC - that is so unbelievably callous -what utter  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

To be honest as soon as i got her back -i would be giving those people something to seriously think about in the way of a phone call or email and tell them they will never be able to rehome another animal as they are not fit to breathe - or a bit more along those lines !

Hope she gets a really wonderful home where she will be spoilt rotten forever .

I couldn''t deal with people like that - i have too short a fuse and would seriously lose my temper ( once i got cat back safe ).

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 14:32:10 PM »
Oh that is absolutely awful!!!! Poor CC  :( :( :( Give her a gentle cuddle from me when she gets to you.

Will she stay with you now or will she be up for rehoming in due course?
Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 14:23:49 PM »
Poor CC - she'll definitely be a lot better off out of there. There's definitely a lot to be said for gut instinct.  Hopefully she won't be waiting long for her proper home.  Can't believe the lengths they have gone to either to get her into a rescue when you have already said you will take her back - probably done it out of spite.  Some people are just unbelievable. 

:hug:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
People really do never seems to fail to disappoint do they!!   :censored:  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:

We rehomed a little old kitty to a home at the end of last year under the criteria - NO KIDS - NO CATS

well it would appear our criteria has since fell on deaf ears and after receiving a very lengthy email of complaint that poor CC is stress urinating in her house and won't go near the grandkids (who weren't meant to be there in the first place) and how awful it is that poor CC ruined a sheepskin rug and has the audacity to not eat cheap biscuits because they make her sick and so she is having to feed wretched CC whiskas and felix.

After reading through this very lengthy email with all kinds of wild accusations I very calmy constructed a reply addressing each of their points in the email finishing with a note to say that if they no longer wished to care for CC that she should be returned to us and to let us know the day and time they would be dropping her off.  This was approx 4 weeks ago

Well - it would appear that as we didn't go running around after their backsides they took it upon themselves to ring round and threaten every rescue in the area that if they didn't take CC they would toss her out in the street - despite the fact we had already stated we would take CC in no problem.

1 rescue agreed to take CC as they felt the threat to CC was real (which is in fact further away than we are) - and miraculously they managed to find someone to take the cat there but couldn't have got CC to us.

After much tall tales and lies from CC's previous owner to both us and the other rescue concerned and phone calls between myself and the other rescue we will now be going to collect CC from her current location to bring her back home to the Harbour tomorrow afternoon.

I really feel for this poor wee button who has been through so much already before getting to us and that someone I entrusted her care to could be so callous.  When I placed CC I did say to paul that I felt uneasy about something but couldn't put my finger on it and everything seemed fine - in future - I will definitely be listening to my gut instinct!!  :censored:

All they had to do was to arrange for the same person to bring CC to us which would have been quicker and easier and yet they went to all this elaborate trouble to dump her on someone else further away.

people honestly????   :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: >:( >:( >:(

Edited to update title.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 10:59:35 AM by madkittyrescue »

Link to CatChat