Author Topic: Two new arrivals  (Read 7163 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Two new arrivals
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2010, 14:53:43 PM »
just catching up here, a bit surprised kato had an owner!  hope the lovely simba is doing ok

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2010, 12:20:09 PM »
Fingers crossed he doesn't stray again once back with his new owner, and she doesn't cause too much of an issue about his lack of equipment!!

Looking at Simba's pic, does he have a touch of feline acne on his chin, or is it just the photo?
Please spay your cat

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2010, 09:58:51 AM »
I think it would be a good idea to speak to Leanne that reported Kato to ask her to keep an eye out  :shify:

Can't say much onlist... open forum and all that... but it looks a bit suspicious and Pudding has a hunch we may not have been told the full truth about Kato.  :tired: Anyone really intrigued is welcome to PM me for full details as I know what it's like to have an 'enquiring mind'.  :evillaugh:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2010, 09:38:58 AM »
Simba is very :Luv2: :Luv2:  great piccies Julie - hope he finds a wonderful forever home soon.

As for the other Simba - well - here's hoping she learns though I would have my doubts - I don't envy you either with the decision its very hard to have to hand them back over to the owner with SO many doubts. :hug:
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2010, 13:07:54 PM »
I think it would be a good idea to speak to Leanne that reported Kato to ask her to keep an eye out  :shify:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2010, 10:11:35 AM »
Oh wow! Thanks Sharon. :Luv: Simba is such a babe!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Skully

• Adult Cat
    • Pirate Pixie Crew
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2010, 09:37:36 AM »
Oh wow! I am now a fully paid up member of the Simba kitty fan club.  :Luv2: :Luv: :Luv2: :Luv: :Luv2: :Luv:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2010, 00:35:28 AM »
She doesn''t do it any more -in fact i think she was probably packing it in around then or just after.

I didn''t even know really what colour he was till i got him home !!!!

He does look a bit like Kato though - he is a proper mummys boy and loves to sleep round my neck !!!!

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2010, 00:21:48 AM »
Don't worry, we allow a person one benefit of the doubt.... but not two.  ;)

Modern CP foster pens have changed a lot since then. They are all hooked up to electric and all have heated igloos - one of the reasons why CP brances think very carefully about new fosterers is to make sure they are 110% committed as installing a pen is an expensive business these days.  :shy:  Can't comment too much on the fosterer who had experience of but that sort of thing wouldn't happen here. I'd have words with her for a start.  >:(
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 00:24:17 AM by Pinkbear (Julie) »

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2010, 00:12:40 AM »
If he does come back in again -please don''t tell her and let him go to someone who will look after him properly .

When i first got Smartie way back now 11 years ago -the CP fosterer had persian cats herself and all had knots/matts quite bad, very dirty eyes too - i just wanted to bring them all home -but they were all her own !!!!!!!

Smartie was in a pen -no heating, only a cat carrier to sleep in,  right down the bottom of  a long garden -it was an extremely bad winter -November and below freezing -he was howling and it was dark !- I couldn''t even see him properly as she only took a torch down the garden and shone on him - she wouldn''t take him inside as it would upset her own cats  :Crazy:

I couldn''t get him out there fast enough !!!

He had a big golf ball knot on his side which was sorted the next day ( i didn''t get to see him till 7-8pm ish and when i got in i made up a bed for him right under the kitchen radiator and the heating was left on for him all night )
Had to keep him seperate from Sophie till i got him checked out at the vet the next day .

He and the others are the loves of my life  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2010, 23:55:09 PM »
Meantime.... for the Simba fanclub!  :evillaugh:

Sharon took these today. I think they are outstanding photos and I wish I could claim the credit.  :innocent:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2010, 23:40:05 PM »
I think words will be had (and have already been had over the phone) and we will be monitoring him and we will find him if he turns up as a stray again. She has better keep him in while his coat is growing back. ( :shoosh: He remains chipped to CP and we won't be telling her he's chipped so she will only discover if she take him to a vet).

I totally agree with your sentiments, Bungly, and I don't see that she could have been looking after his coat properly before he escaped.  :( But we don't have a leg to stand on legally. We cannot prove he didn't deteriorate into that appalling condition during his 'stray' period and he definitely is her cat.  :tired: She admits to the fact his coat was a bit matted... she will have a shock when she sees him totally shaved.  :doh:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2010, 23:10:39 PM »
I can't understand why she hadnt had him neutered before - if he's around 8 yrs, keeping an unneutered tom as a house cat all that time?  :shocked: Still, he will smell a bit sweeter now :evillaugh:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2010, 22:54:37 PM »
I personally don''t think she deserves him !
Its no excuse to let them get in a state like that or not be neuted either .
I hate to see persian/long-hair cats all matted and dirty eyes and noses .

Mine get groomed 4 times a week , eyes cleaned at least once a day -ears checked and Smarties  nose wiped/ checked at least 4 times a day and more   !- He has herpes and is prone to a blocked/snotty nose .
Poor Kato - i wish i could have had him before she found him again. :'( :'(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2010, 22:02:26 PM »
I think she should be given the vet bill  :tired:

Very odd that Leanne who reported him said he had be around for about a month  :shify:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2010, 21:37:37 PM »
NEWSFLASH...!

Kato's owner has stepped forward. Amazingly he real name is Simba as well! So we have two of them!  :evillaugh: She has shown us photos of him. He was a house cat and had been missing a week after he jumped from a second floor window.  :doh: Not surprising he wanted to get out as he was a full tom.  :tired: We haven't told her he isn't anymore.  :evillaugh:

We will be having some conversations with this woman about grooming and offering advice as we believe he was so bad he had to have been in a very poorly state before he escaped.  :shify: But sadly we have no option but to return him.  :doh:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2010, 16:39:57 PM »
How is Kato doing ?
He is rather handsome and also looks a cuddlebum :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2010, 16:35:25 PM »
Went to see Simba today and he is lovely. But a bit frail but now eating well. he is a 100 per cent lap cat and seems not be be phased with anything.. probably been there and done that kind of attitude. He does need a dental in due course but is doing well and eating llittle and often. A very gentla man no hang ups at all with great manners.

He want be ready fro some time but i will contact Abbys Welfare as i am sure that such breeds do not end up in rescue that often.

Will post photoa  later on..
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2010, 08:33:50 AM »
All's fair, Dawn..... ;) Oh, all right we can start a Simba fan club - will that do you? :)

perfect!

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 23:53:28 PM »
Kato is just  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
He looks a bit like my Smartie .

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 19:29:27 PM »
They're both gorgeous but I'm more than happy with little Kato  :Luv2:  :evillaugh:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 19:19:25 PM »
All's fair, Dawn..... ;) Oh, all right we can start a Simba fan club - will that do you? :)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 14:35:44 PM »
Oh my word... Simba is  :Luv: Poor lads, hope they both feel lots better soon. :)

Hey, I was the first Simba fan....paws off you lot! ;)

oh come on JS I was in bed so couldn't make first claim - I have to be up at 6  :evillaugh:

Offline Skully

• Adult Cat
    • Pirate Pixie Crew
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 14:15:57 PM »
Ahhh wee skinny binny Simba has such beautiful markings  :Luv2:  It's so sad these two had fallen on hard times. I wish them well in their new lives and hope they both now get all the love and care they need.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 14:14:14 PM »
Oh my word... Simba is  :Luv: Poor lads, hope they both feel lots better soon. :)

Hey, I was the first Simba fan....paws off you lot! ;)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 13:50:12 PM »
bless him, I love him too!

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 13:47:18 PM »
This update just in from Simba's fosterer... sounding good so far!  :wow:

Further update:Simba's diarrhoea seems to have sorted itself out - poo is good colour, softbut formed so what I would consider normal now.He seems to have developed an appetite and enjoys each of his little mealsas he wails for his food every time I go in his room! I have weighed him again today and he is 2.98kg so he has put on a littleweight (0.06kg) in under 48 hours so I think he is showing early signs thatthis is largely a feeding problem and that a proper regular diet is what heneeds.Obviously we can't rule out kidneys etc so that can be checked when he isready for his dental. He is still very frail though - poor old lad!I love him - he's like a little soft cuddly teddy!

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 12:58:12 PM »
omg I want simba!!!!!!!!!  there are no thin kitties  in my house though!

Me too   :boxer:     He's a little stud muffin  :Luv: -

No thin kitties in my houes either. Well Zebedee is a bit slim, but he tears round the garden like his tail is on fire, but there is always food on tap.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 09:01:31 AM »
omg I want simba!!!!!!!!!  there are no thin kitties  in my house though!

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 06:47:23 AM »
Poor kitties, they are both lovely  :Luv: :Luv:  best of luck for them.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 23:59:46 PM »
Mark -you raised my hopes up a bit there when you called Kato a "She"  ;)
I have been thinking another "she" may fit into my family one day soon. 

The woman thought he was a she - they all look like girls though. I call them Barbara Cartland cats  :evillaugh:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 23:52:02 PM »
I'm waiting for Gillian to spot this.  :evillaugh:

LOL!  :evillaugh:

Oh, poor Simba, what a sad life - so glad he's going to be looked after properly now.

Kato looks more persian than chinchilla - Chinchilla''s have green eyes with black lines like mascara.

Could possibly be silver tabby persian perhaps?

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 23:18:04 PM »
Mark -you raised my hopes up a bit there when you called Kato a "She"  ;)
I have been thinking another "she" may fit into my family one day soon. 

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 23:03:39 PM »

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 22:54:08 PM »
Katos paw is fine, it was just matts of fur. He was reported to us about 8ish and was un neutered  as well so did pong a lot. He was tested for nasties and fine which is surprising as he comes from a FIV hotspot we know about.. He is a bit grumpy but okay.. not realy yet though he needs to be abit more happier to be around people.
Simba only weighs in at 2.93kg well underweight.. He is a pure Abby as i foudn from his chip his original vet and health record.  He is believed to be 10 or 11 and he will of been in rescue twice now! Actually the vets remember him as his old, old owners took him to be PTS as he made a mess indoors.. They refused and rehomed him 2 yrs ago.. He has had all (bar 4 or so) teeth out.. His fosterer tels me he has a great nature, but very frail and looks older then the yrs we know about.. He can get around though and we are feeding him up before he has a dental or teeth clean.. and also some bloods to see if all is okay with kidneys..He was (as the vet nurse told me) a bit young at 8ish to loose all bar a few teeth, so they must of fed him really poorly.. The owner he has been with for the last 2yrs did dot on him but now as Julie says could not take care of him anymore.. God knows what would of happened to him if this poor man had totally forgotten about him.. We sometimes get cases like this and consider them urgent.. and try to fit in asap...
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 22:43:08 PM »
Kato's paw is fine. It was a lump of matted fur pulling at his skin stopping him from standing on it.  :( He was a full tom which was why he was smelling. We put that right now.  :innocent:

I'm waiting for Gillian to spot this.  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 22:38:55 PM »
How is Kato's paw now?. Leanne that reported her told me that she kept holding one paw up and was worried that she had injured it. Sharon seemed to think it was the matting that was making her hold the paw up - is that the case?

Apparently Kato had been hanging around for about a month and the lady had been feeding her twice a day. The woman that reported her said she was severely matted, stank of wee and for a couple of days prior to her reporting, she was holding the paw up. The lady wanted to do the right thing but was scared that an owner would turn up and give her grief. We know a foster/welfare lady that is very fond of Persians  :shify:

« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 22:40:09 PM by Mark »

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 22:27:09 PM »
Kato looks more persian than chinchilla - Chinchilla''s have green eyes with black lines like mascara.

Both are beautiful cats - hope they prosper and find forever homes  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
Two new arrivals
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 22:23:21 PM »
I hope Sharon and Pudding (because she did the hard work of collecting/admitting them) won't mind me posting details of these, but I thought you'd all like a chance to see them.  :naughty:

Kato... although it doesn't really show in the picture, poor Kato was a solid lump of matted fur.  :( He was reported as a long term stray last week. We were concerned about the report as long hairs always suffer more with matting and we are approaching the time of year when fly strike is a risk.  :scared: Kato has had a full body shave and only his footsies, tail and head escaped. He's much more comfortable but a tad embarassed by his number 1 shave.  :-[ We are off the opinion he may be a Chinchilla.  :shify:

Simba... came in a few days ago as the result of an appeal from the owner's relative. Simba's owner suffers from mental illness and keep forgetting about Simba. He forgot to feed him and would even shut him in cupboards for long periods. He was extremely hungry when he got to the fosterer I am told.   :( Simba is terribly thin and will needs lots of feeding up and does also have a tummy issue which also doesn't help matters. We think he may be Abysinian.  :sneaky:

It's extremely rare for us to get 'breeds' in so worth sharing I felt. Not that it makes them any more precious or needy than the moggies but it's nice to have something exotic as a talking point. :)

Link to CatChat