Author Topic: So hard to bite my tongue sometimes  (Read 2138 times)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Re: So hard to bite my tongue sometimes
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 00:49:49 AM »
I had one today that got to me.  :'(

A lady who sounded heart broken has 4 cats (one a new mum with a litter of 4 two day olds) and needs to rehome at least two of them. I was about to give the lecture about neutering when she told me the reason she couldn't cope. She broke down crying and told me she has cancer and is going in to have her womb removed in 2 weeks time. She sounded in her 20s. She kept saying "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry. I really hate to bother you... they're lovely cats and I love them but I can't cope looking after them"... then she started crying again. I wanted to cry with her.   :'(

It was a classic story of her taking in 1 stray cat, then it had kittens, she managed to spay one but couldn't afford the other. She didn't know about vouchers.  :doh:

We will be taking in mum cat and kittens next week. Mum will raise the kittens in our care and then go back home to her - neutered! - as the lady is very close to this cat. We will rehome the kittens. We will also take two of the others in as well.  ;)

But it's kinda ruined my Easter as I keep thinking of that poor lady and remembering how scared she sounded.  :(

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 23:33:24 PM »
Hmmm, can't cope. Unless she's a single mum with very little help at home that's quite a cop out to me. My sister had a C section for my nephew and still managed to walk their dog, Jess and pick up poop not particularly long after she had it.

Still, if the cats are unwanted they're going to be better off coming in to CP care.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 21:52:43 PM »
Apparenty she has just had a C-section and can't cope  :shify: - it was her expression "unwanted cats" that got me.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 20:01:25 PM »
My goodness Mark you and the others must be saints cos I wsould blow a bloomin fuse  :innocent:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 19:02:48 PM »
I had another today "Hello, I have 2 unwanted cats - can you phone me on xxxxxxx" (naturally a mobile number  :tired: ) Sharon kindly offered to speak to her. I was planning on giving her a piece of my mind.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 14:20:00 PM »
It actually doesn't cover much. You don't receive help with pre existing conditions, blood tests, innoculations and spays or neuters if you're on PetAid. So the only help you'll get is if there's a condition discovered (probably by a blood test the person on low income has to cover the cost of) or an accident.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 12:28:52 PM »
I bet that petaid is something that people always mean to get around to and don't

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 11:40:37 AM »
There must be a clinic near her then because on PetAid when you apply you have to wait until the beginning of the following month for any assistance.

I hope the cat gets whatever treatment it needs.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
So hard to bite my tongue sometimes
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 11:17:48 AM »
A woman left a message. You can tell by the tone with some people that they are phoning you with an attitude that they are owed a service. She said her ragdoll was ill and she wanted PDSA advice. "Please phone me on my mobile" - Firstly,   she had phoned from a landline  >:( - When I phoned, she said "Oh, it's alright as I have phoned xxxxx vets and I need to fill in some forms to get PDSA cover so cover starts tomorrow -  I can take the cat to the vet then. Surely someone that isn't working has all the time in the world to sort these things out in advance?  >:( I just hope the cat isn't suffering as a result of the delay! - I was so tempted to give a lecture but I know it is wasted breath.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 11:20:34 AM by Mark »

Link to CatChat