Author Topic: Temporary foster needed for a young black cat - Derby  (Read 2088 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Temporary foster needed for a young black cat - Derby
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 13:40:20 PM »
Moira's on the case. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
Re: Temporary foster needed for a young black cat - Derby
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 13:02:53 PM »
any news on this cat yet? has anything been sorted?

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Temporary foster needed for a young black cat - Derby
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 12:58:41 PM »
Crossposted for a nice lady on another forum.

The story:

A long shot I know but there is a couple in Derby with 7 cats of various ages.
They have to move home and can only take 2 cats with them. The move is imminent - in fact the cats should have gone by last Friday ready for for the move but things have been delayed.

Our son was approached by this couple and he will get more details ASAP but he rang to see if we knew of anyone or any rescue that can help save these cats from being PTS.

I did say that there are THOUSANDS of cats in the same position and it will not be easy - I passed on as many cat rescue contact numbers as I could find in the Derby area but of course they are all full.

Non of these cats are young/kittens and I THINK several are former strays that have adopted these people in the past - as cats often do!!

As I said, I am not holding out much hope but it is always worth a try.

The ladys son successfully transferred all of the cats needing rescue places except one; a pure black female called Magic. (She's lovely.) Apparently, the couples children decided they didn't want their cats rehoming so let them all out before he turned up for them. :tired: The result was that he managed to get all of them bar Magic, who is wandering unspayed around Derby....

He's going back tonight and the foster home needs to be available from tonight for up to a couple of weeks at the most. It could literally be overnight, dependent on this chaps work.

If you can help, PM me and I'll pass on contact details.

Oh, the cats are all at Bramcote Animal rescue Centre in case people wanted to look into the rescue.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Link to CatChat