Author Topic: West Yorkshire Tortie being Maltreated  (Read 4676 times)

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
Re: West Yorkshire Tortie being Maltreated
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2010, 09:45:47 AM »
This is fab news and a great outcome!!!  :Luv2:
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2010, 06:32:19 AM »
There is a picture of her on there now -she is  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Ahhh, just had a peek she is very  :Luv2:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2010, 23:45:44 PM »
I'm fairly certain that Firefox will not be able to take this cat in as Noah gets incredibly upset by other cats...

Jen x

A massive  :thanks: to everyone who posted here or or MSE about this cat, I am so happy this little one is safe I am all weepy!! I posted here exactly as Jen says above, I seriously considered offering to take this cat temporarily, but poor Noah would have packed his bags. I played a clip of a Siamese yowling the other day and my darling boy was leaping about looking for the cat! :scared:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2010, 23:44:49 PM »
There is a picture of her on there now -she is  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2010, 21:30:17 PM »
that's really great I've been following this thread - a lovely ending for the poor girl, she's sounds a lovely puss  :Luv:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 19:00:39 PM »
have only just found page 2 of the thread and seen the latest updates! so pleased there has been such a lovely ending. has made my day! ;D

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2010, 18:54:06 PM »
There is a thread on there now- the lady has been to see the neighbours and they have agreed to her having the cat .
Its sat on her rug in front of the fire with this ladies dog at present and her and her oh are very happy with her , she has been out and fetched her some food- so looks like a happy ending.
This was a reply to my pm i sent her earlier this afternoon

Hi Gill.

Have you read my thread? I've taken her on, with the owners consent. She's currently laid on the rug on front of the fire with the dog. So cute. I'll put some pictures on my thread when I find my memory card reader.

Thank you for your kindness. I'm so glad I started a thread. Everyone's kind words helped me do what was best for all involved, and the neighbours youngest son, who's only 8, will still get to see his beloved cat!!

MSE is fab!! Even if it's just cost me money to look after a cat lol!!

« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 18:57:53 PM by bunglycat »

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2010, 18:45:25 PM »
i have signed up too and sent two messages suggesting a disappearance and another asking what is happening. i know there must be lots of similar cases but once i know about something, i cant let it go until there has been a good ending. this is so frustrating, i cant stop thinking about this poor unloved cat. >:(

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 13:04:18 PM »
I've signed up and asked her whereabouts she is but not gotten a response yet  :-[
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 12:39:21 PM »
Haven't read his story - cant  :'( :'( :'(

But yes a Purrs disapearence sounds good - if I was in west yorkshire I would help nap her

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 13:00:30 PM »
do you think we should organise another  disappearance like the poor kitties inthe cold?! this has really made me angry and upset. this poor baby needs help fast so that he can be happy, content safe and loved like poppy and daisy are with us. if he was on our doorstep i would have stolen him by now.  what scum to treat the poor thing like that. they deserve a taste of their own medicine. >:(

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 19:25:32 PM »
I'm fairly certain that Firefox will not be able to take this cat in as Noah gets incredibly upset by other cats...

As Adel has now closed, the rescue that I would recommend would be to contact Linda at Leeds Cat Rescue. I know that they're full to the seams, but they are a good rescue who rehabiliate (the details are on the West Yorkshire CC page)

Do we know whereabouts in the West Yorkshire area she is?

There are areas of Leeds that our branch covers and if it's in our area then we will try and act....

Jen x

Offline Skully

• Adult Cat
    • Pirate Pixie Crew
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 17:32:52 PM »
From the sounds of it the neighbours would probably be glad to get rid of the cat so I would ask them if I could have it, even if I couldn't keep it and as soon as they say yes I would crate it up and get it to the nearest Vets for a check up and then get it to the nearest CP.

I would then report them to the RSPCA about the puppy and hopefully they would come out and make a bit of a fuss about how thin it is.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 17:08:40 PM »
Sadly, RSPCA cruelty line time....not only is the cat in danger of becoming malnourished, but the poster mentions the new puppy and that his ribs are showing.

I personally would make a good outdoor space for the cat in question, with food, shelter and bedding. I'd also flea and worm her once every few months. But I'm a sucker.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 16:54:38 PM »
what a horrible situation - I think disappearing is probably the answer if she can find somewhere for her to go

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
West Yorkshire Tortie being Maltreated
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 13:18:37 PM »
Is anyone able to sign up to MSE and give this lady advice on how to help this poor cat? She is scared to call the RSPCA and I am not sure they will help anyway, I know with my Noah there was no action taken until CP got involved ....
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2361049
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Link to CatChat