Author Topic: Three 12 wk kittens needing our help  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Three 12 wk kittens needing our help
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 18:16:07 PM »
We had a stray cat coming round and I did the paper collar thing - twice actually.  I tried a second time because I wasn't sure the collar had stayed on and I just somehow felt he belonged to someone.  The second time I did get a response, he had been a stray but had taken up permanent residence with an old lady and her son.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Feral Cat Welfare

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 17:21:20 PM »
It's always a problem when an unneutered cat turns up, we have to ask ourselves if he/she has got lost or been abandoned.  It is recommended that a safety collar be put on cats if they'll tolerate one with a brief message asking "does this cat have an owner, please ring.......".  (a safety collar breaks open at the catch if it gets caught around a leg, bit of fencing or branch - not everyone knows they exist!).  This method worked with me and within three days I received a call from some people five houses away who were also feeding this cat.  His owner didn't come forward and fortunately the other family took him on board - I had several of my own already!  I would say that if nobody claims the cat after a couple of weeks and a collar, poster in the local PO and reporting to your local vet and Lost and Found register (in Leeds it's Petwatch 0113 2689973) then it's time to neuter the little chap before he starts wandering and creating more homeless kittens!  Cats Protection issue free or half cost vouchers, your local branch should be able to help and will probably help with free neutering if he's a stray. 

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 15:43:56 PM »
they sound addorable  - why do people not neuter their cats????.

there is a gorgeous tabby by me, i thought she was a young female, only after having a bowl of food and turning round ,  I found out she was a he. NOW... not sure if he has a home and is young and waiting to go in for his op, or he is a stray and small through lack of food. I noticed yeasterday his right was closed a little.  will keep my eyes on him, and see what is what, I do put biscuits out and if i see him i give him a pouch. Well cant see a beautiful cat going hungry can I.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Feral Cat Welfare

• Adult Cat
Three 12 wk kittens needing our help
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 15:20:04 PM »
Hello again
We have just taken in three 12wk old scraps of fur, all wide eyed and frightened, but they allowed the vet to have a good look at them. They are suffering from an upper respiratory chest infection and have been given a long acting antibiotic injection so we hope they'll soon be feeling better.  These little ones are being fostered by a friend at the moment as our new welfare group is still at the recruitment of volunteers stage, so if you live in or near to Leeds in Yorkshire, and would like to give fostering a try, please get in touch!  We loan a cat pen which needs to be sited in a spare room away from other pets, and supply everything else.  See our website www.feralcatwelfare.org.uk if you want to find out about other ways in which you can help.  We will be sending a photo of the little ones as soon as poss!  Love FCW x

Link to CatChat