Author Topic: Really can't believe what we hear at times......  (Read 1793 times)

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Re: Really can't believe what we hear at times......
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 09:52:37 AM »
yup certainly was a doozee!!  thankfully washer fixed once we managed to find brushes for our machine - it doesn't half take a beating here!!
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 18:15:53 PM »
Unbelieveable!   :doh: Hope you get the washer fixed!   :hug:

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 17:21:51 PM »
Oh dear god!  :doh:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 12:42:39 PM »
 :tired:  thankfully, safe with you now!!

hope you get your washer sorted soon, can't be doing without that  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 10:28:54 AM »
it would be funny but............

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Really can't believe what we hear at times......
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 10:26:51 AM »
Around 9pm last night we received a call to say that a 'person' had found a heavily pregnant female stray and could we help. 

As always I clarified are you sure that it is definitely a female cat bearing in mind that these types of calls have to take high priority and we are already bursting at the seams.  I was assured that yes it was a female cat she knew what she was talking about as she had a boy herself and stated sarcastically (or so I thought) that it was wearing pink nail varnish!    :tired:

On arriving in the street same lady commented again sarcastically (or so I thought) about pink nail varnish and I joked " to match peal earring and a lovely necklace!"  ha ha ha   :naughty:

Anyhow on getting to the address one look at the cat and Paul and I just looked at each other - it was definitely not a pregnant female and a quick check revealed the danglies of which we stated to the people there that if they have dangly bits its a boy!!!!    :Crazy:  >:(

To this I received the reply of (and very seriously too) - but we assumed it was a girl cat as it was laying in the road writhing a few weeks ago and its tummy is hard. Also look at the pink nail varnish on its paw!!!!!!!!!    arrrggghhhh moment ensued.   :doh:  >:(

She was DEADLY serious about the nail varnish - which was in fact either dye off something or his paw was wet and he'd cleaned himself and wiped flea dirt all over his paw.  She honestly thought that some child has painted his leg with pink nail varnish so that obviously meant that it was a girl cat!

what is the world coming to!!!  :Crazy:   :Crazy:   :Crazy:  We were most definitely not leaving him where he was so took him with us back to the Harbour where poor Smudge has had to relinquish her pen for a couple of days to make space for him.  Lovely wee boy too - but how unlucky to end up where he was!!!  :Crazy:

After an already disasterous day this call out just topped the day off nicely - or so we thought til we came home and the washing machine packed in on us with a tonne of cat beds to be washed!!!!   :'( :'(
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Link to CatChat