Author Topic: Frustrating woman after rehoming a cat  (Read 2889 times)

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
Re: Frustrating woman after rehoming a cat
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 14:33:31 PM »
Strange woman :Crazy: i hope she doesn't get her hands on a furbaby from anywhere :'(

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 14:19:43 PM »
She certainly doesn't sound rational about the whole thing. Very odd!

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 09:12:40 AM »
I'd be worried about homing any cat to her to be honest,  :censored: woman  >:(

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 11:05:46 AM »
I said to Sharon that she sounds the type that expects us to jump hoops and thinks she is the one doing a favour and will donate a fiver if anything.

Apparently, she had bought a ped from a dodgy breeder that was at death's door. She went and returned the faulty goods and got a refund. Sharon told her she should report the breeder to the council but no idea if she did or not.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 06:44:12 AM »
Tell her you've not got any  >:(
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 21:40:30 PM »
I would send her a cat ornament too -tell her its pretty, costs nothing to feed and no vet bills  :censored:- doesn''t sound caring enough to have a cat  :censored:

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 18:21:43 PM »
what a prat ! people like her must drive you all totally round the bend. sound like she would be better off buying a pretty cat ornament, if she could be bothered to go out and get one!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Frustrating woman after rehoming a cat
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 18:06:28 PM »
Our homecheck co-ordinator sends emails out to people who live closest when there is a homecheck to do. A couple of weeks ago, there was one about 3 miles from me. It is a bit out of the way but I can detour on the way back from college on Thursday or Friday. I was going to go last week but because of the snow, didn't manage it. The cat that she had enquired about had been homed by then anyway ( a x ped of some description) - I said I would go this week as I have a lot on but could go today. As it turned out, I had to go to get pills for Clapton so time was pretty tight. I wasn't in too much of a rush as she had told Sharon that she wanted a Siamese  :shify: - I rang her before I left college and said I was calling to let her know that I hadn't forgotten her and  would to next week when I had more time. I pointed out that it was unlikely a Siamese would come up in the next week anyway  :shify: - she said "It doesn't have to be a Siamese......................a Bengal will do  :shify: - I said that pedigrees of any type only come up once in a while and if by some miracle one did come up this week, I would do the HC quickly. She said "Can you get Sharon to phone me" - I said I would. She said "Can she phone me today?" - I said I would ask and if Sharon had the time, she would call today. When I got in, Sharon had sent me an email saying to forget the whole thing for the time being as the woman can't make her mind up at all - she is now asking for an indoor cat  :Crazy:
btw, Sharon told me this afternoon that she had done a bit of digging and found some Siamese at CP HQ - she told the woman but she doesn't want to travel so in other words, she wants a pedigree cat delivered to her on a plate  :tired:

ETA - I forgot to say that she said she wanted a "pretty cat" - I told her we get lots of pretty cats and what did she mean by pretty..... She meant pedigree  :tired:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 20:10:16 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat