Author Topic: UPDATE ON ADEL CP (LEEDS) - updated 2 March 2010  (Read 2279 times)

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
Re: UPDATE ON ADEL CP (LEEDS) - updated 2 March 2010
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 14:05:53 PM »
Just got an email about the new group. :).
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 14:06:33 PM by J (Indoorcatsuk) »
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. Groucho Marx.

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 10:17:01 AM »
Thanks hun  :thanks:

We're sad too, but i'm helping at the Wharfe Valley branch now which is great and Sally and Anna have set up Feral Welfare Cat Rescue in Leeds which is a wonderful venture and will help a much maligned and ignored section of the cat community!

Their website can be seen at www.feralcatwelfare.org.uk

Jen xxx
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 21:56:58 PM »
I'm really shocked and saddened to hear this news, I have two from Adel and really admired their attitude.
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. Groucho Marx.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 19:45:52 PM »
Sorry Jen, good luck in your new branch

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 15:50:59 PM »
Thanks Liz  :hug:

Adel always prided itself on helping timids, ferals and cases like Noah who others wouldn't touch and it feels like we were being forced to just help domestics and much of our support for ferals was being taken from us. This meant that many of the key people have left as our passion was to help the 'under-cat'! Three other shelters in Leeds have also gone.... what will happen is beyond me- I wish I could believe that there is a strategic plan for the city but I doubt it  :tired:
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 15:34:15 PM »
Sadly you aren't the only branch we have lost 2 up here recently and the others left are stretched to their limits :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 15:28:42 PM »
New update xxx

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
UPDATE ON ADEL CP (LEEDS) - updated 2 March 2010
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 12:25:45 PM »
THE ADEL BRANCH HAS NOW CLOSED AND WILL RE-OPEN WHEN A NEW COMMITTEE AND VOLUNTEERS ARE IN PLACE. I AM NOW VOLUNTEERING FOR THE SISTER BRANCH IN WHARFE VALLEY (HENCE THE NAME CHANGE!) IF THERE ARE ANY APPEALS OR ISSUES FOR LEEDS PLEASE STILL ASK AS I KNOW PEOPLE IN RESCUE OVER HERE! THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTED ADEL. WE ARE VERY SAD THAT HEAD OFFICE HAS CLOSED OPERATIONS, OUR FERAL WORK AND NEUTERING - WE WERE JUST BEGINNING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND I DO WONDER WHETHER THEY HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT WE GO THROUGH ON THE GROUND! RANT OVER!!! JEN XXX

Hey you guys!

Some of you will know that Adel CP is currently on hold at the moment whilst we put a new committee in place and work with head office to iron out some creases! It will probably be another few months before we can get cats back into care so just to say that if people have any issues in Leeds, please contact either Leeds Cat Rescue or Haworth Cat Rescue who are both excellent.

Also to say that WE ARE OPEN FOR NEUTERING!!! We're still issuing vouchers and are trying our best to keep up to that committment so please do pass on any neutering requests to me at homeacat@gmail.com

Many thanks and fingers crossed we'll be back up and running soon!

Jen x
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 15:25:58 PM by wharfevalleycatsprotection »

Link to CatChat