Author Topic: vetuk affiliate program - email from vetuk  (Read 3274 times)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Re: vetuk affiliate program - email from vetuk
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2010, 17:39:36 PM »
Sounds to me as if they want to stop people passing around commision links. If there are too many commision links out there, a person Googling for 'VetUK' might stumble upon a commision link and VetUK might be force to pay commission out to an Affliate when it could be avoided.  :shy:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 13:18:05 PM »
It could be a technical thing. all websites can tell where the user came from. Admittedly if this is why, then they could hav said so as non of us wants to loose out on any money.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 13:09:09 PM »
I still can't underststand what the big deal is as long as they get an order?  :Crazy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 13:04:15 PM »
to clarify, is it the address with the affiliate Id they do not want posted. I think I originally posted the links that way a while back ..... but with the change of website etc and thanks to the mods on here I think its all been changed anyway - I hope!

reply received today from vetuk

You can mention it on a forum and have a link to your own website if you want, but there should not be a link that they can use or the details to copy and paste directly to the Vet UK website.  In order to earn the commissions somebody must be clicking on a link from your website.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 08:05:58 AM »
I haven't found anywhere cheaper for RC renal pouches, ipakitin and Renalzin which is mainly what I order. Also, they are the cheapeast place for Cat's Best OKO litter.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 20:12:06 PM »
Im actually finding things are cheaper elsewhere, viovet are often a pound less  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 20:05:01 PM »
No it was a case of "Never mind the quality, feel the width"  :evillaugh: - I did have a look around but couldn't find another company that was as cheap otherwise I would have gone elsewhere.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 19:49:57 PM »
I thought you must have struck a deal with them as you went back to ordering from them  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 19:48:08 PM »
Probably. I just don't likr their threatening tone - you must remember the grief I got from them a while back, demanding to know why I wasn't satisfied  >:(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 19:46:05 PM »
The actual affiliate link is similar to http://www.madeupcompany.co.uk/idev/idevaffiliate.php?id=123_1_1_1

Are you sure it wasn't this that was posted....

If anyone orders from vetuk, and lets face it you'd be crazy not to given their prices and free superfast p&p, please order through a rescue link so they will get 5% of your order value donated to them by vetuk.

The rescues on here that have a link are below, I always take it in turns every time I order.

http://www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk/ - click on vetuk logo on left hand side of home page

http://www.coventrycatgroup.org.uk/  - click on 'help us' tab, then 'shop online and help us' then click on VetUK link itself.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 17:43:51 PM by Tiggy's Mum »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 19:33:15 PM »
I think someone did put some links in a post a few weeks back - I can't remember who it was though.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 19:15:26 PM »
I don't think they have a new spy account, looks more like an automated email sent out to all affiliates as we know the sytsems were down a few weeks ago.

No actual VetUK links are posted on here in any case - just the links to the rescue sites and what page on the rescue site to find the VetUK link. I think they mean that the gobbledeegook address is being displayed or clicked on - as an example we have the Zooplus affiliate link at the bottom of the page but the actual web address for that link is http://www.kqzyfj.com/click-2666943-10409584

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 19:09:42 PM »
Tell them to kiss your backside Angie - Obviously they have a new spy account on here. I grudgingly order through them on price alone - they have no other redeeming qualities. There are plenty of other sites with commission referrals.

Their spy has obviously seen where someone posrted a selection of referral accounts. Anyway, what does it matter where the referral comes from as long as they get an order? - There was a problem with their software recently which meant the link from our branch wasn't working and I held off ordering until the issue was sorted out.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 19:12:16 PM by Mark »

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
vetuk affiliate program - email from vetuk
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 19:00:14 PM »
"We have recently upgraded the Affiliate software and we apologise for any inconvenience caused to you during this transition period.  The basic settings are the same, however if you do have any problems please do get in touch.

It has come to our notice that some Affiliates are earning commissions through links that are not from their own Website.  As per the terms and conditions of the Affiliate programme you only have permission to post the affiliate link on your own website.  It should not be shared via email or displayed on other sites or forums.  Please can you ensure that all future commissions come through the appropriate link otherwise we will have to review your Affiliate status.

A review of all memberships will be taking place over the coming weeks to ensure that all Affiliate sites have the logo and link displayed correctly.

Kind regards,
Vet UK"

Link to CatChat