Author Topic: New Cats  (Read 2304 times)

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
Re: New Cats
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 21:00:54 PM »
And you know when they settle we practically demand pictures!!!!! :)

Welcome to Purrs.

Karen
x

Offline minxthelinx

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 20:28:15 PM »
Found them both now hiding behind a chair of all places.
Yep I know a little about their history but as you say will let them take it at thier own pace

Thanks Donna

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 12:56:25 PM »
They may well be finding hiding places you never even knew existed  :hug:

When we adopted Poot in August we hardly saw him for the first 2 days, he was camped out in the hidey spot under the stairs, then the teeniest area under the bed, if they are hiding they just need some time to feel secure.  If that's the case, take it at their pace, if you're in the same room just talk quietly so they get used to you, and they'll come around soon enough  :hug:

And the most important bit of advice, dont panic  :hug: I'm sure they'll come around in no time.

Oh, and  :welcome: to Purrs by the way, can't forget that bit  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 12:52:18 PM »
That's a relief.

What other things can I make adjustments for them easier? The ages are 3 and 4.

We have a whole section in Health and Behaviour: this may be a good start: http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,22273.0.html

Where did they come from?  Do you know their backgrounds?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline minxthelinx

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 12:47:59 PM »
Thank you for the warm welcome.
I have no windows open at all I know the cats are within the house 1 is around and has been seen ust need to find the other I am not overly worried about her she was seen at 6.30 this morning under a bed water food and letter tray is available so I think it will just take time for them to get used to us.
What other things can I make adjustments for them easier? The ages are 3 and 4.

thanks Donna

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 12:36:33 PM »
 :welcome: to purrs  ;D

i thonk for your own peace of mind and also the cats safety you need to find them.

cats are very good at finding places to hide that we think are too small for them to get into and as christine says have you had any windows open.

if the latter is the case then i would put some food down outside to try and attract them, cos hunting and shouting for them will be useless.

how old are they?

my campaign would be to shut all doors of every room, stop all noise and activity and search each room individually. under between and on top of things , behind curtains, a very thorough searcc, do it quietly and carefgully and if you find them do not disturb but just talk quietly, leave some food and water and a litter tray, shut the door and let them explore one room at a time in peace and quiet.

I hope you find them in the house and if any windows are open, make sure the cats cant get in that room until they are closed. If they are not in the house then its time to tell the place you got then from because they may be heading back there.

You will need to put up posters, advise all local vets etc etc

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 12:01:38 PM »
Do you have any windows open, minxthe linx?  Or any gaps that they could have got through or behind?

Welcome to Purrs, by the way!
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline minxthelinx

• Kitten
New Cats
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 10:41:25 AM »
I have just rehomed 2 cats and although ok in own enviroment very shy here, I hae a very busy house so though it would be best to bring them when the youngest kids were with dad this morning although no outer doors have been open both cats have vanished would it be best just to let the appear on their own or hunt for them ? they have access to food and water and litter tray.

Thanks

Link to CatChat