Author Topic: poor kitty in the cold  (Read 12803 times)

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
Re: poor kitty in the cold
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2010, 13:02:07 PM »
Fabulous news xxxxx  :Luv: :Luv:

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2010, 09:40:38 AM »
excellent news!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2010, 23:02:18 PM »
poppy and daisy had their blood test today, without sedation! the vet nurse has just phoned and they are both clear for fiv and fev. i am so pleased. thats another ordeal over for them!  hurrah!

Excellent news xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2010, 22:58:20 PM »
Great news - well done Bramble and MM.
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2010, 16:46:29 PM »
Wonderful news!  ;D

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2010, 16:36:23 PM »
Great news  ;D
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2010, 16:25:02 PM »
I'm so glad they are happy and healthy now,their orignal so called owners have not even bothered to look for them or put posters out and in this weather they surely would not have survived.
Bramble you are  a star :blow kiss:

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2010, 16:16:41 PM »
poppy and daisy had their blood test today, without sedation! the vet nurse has just phoned and they are both clear for fiv and fev. i am so pleased. thats another ordeal over for them!  hurrah!

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2010, 16:11:17 PM »
Really good news

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2010, 16:08:38 PM »
 :yayyy: They're both clear  :cheer:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2010, 15:22:00 PM »
Good luck for their tests!  ;) :hug:

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2010, 14:07:19 PM »
Bramble tells me that the furbaby's are going for their blood test today so fingers crossed for them both  :crossed:

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2010, 17:01:05 PM »
i will have them tested as soon as some snow clears and i can get over to our vet! weather is much worse  here today. have just  given them their tea. they are so sweet and cant wait for a fuss. thank goodness lisa got them here before all this snow came down. have decided mummy is poppy and baby is daisy, think it suits them!

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2010, 14:48:52 PM »
I had my Ollie tested and goodness knows what would of happened if he was poss, he would of been going nowhere tho no matter what my vet said  :P

Hopefully this little one is ok with her being young  :)
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline zoe (tiggy + pipins mum)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2010, 14:09:32 PM »
Its upto u if u get them tested or not Hun, i had Sooty tested but more for peace of mind as the vet had really scared me once his came back negative i didnt test the other 3. They r all healthy & dont fight with each other & dont go outside so it wouldnt matter to me if they were fiv +  x x

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2010, 14:02:06 PM »
sorry jackspratt, not sure how to send the pics to you. will get hubby to do it when he home from work!! thanks for all the info and reassurance from everyone about fiv, i dont know much about it but am starting to learn! is it really best to get them tested? hopefully they will be clear but i want them to stay whatever the result. phoned our usual vet (went to different one yesterday as their vaccs are so much cheaper) our vet is cheaper for the blood test and is sure they wont need sedating for it! why cant they all be on the same page? it gets very confusing when you have to shop around!

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2010, 13:31:16 PM »
We have had FIV Babes here at the Clan one lasted 8 months but she was totally feral and then our Sailor lived to be 7 years old with no intervention - his litter sister Amber is FIV- and is still with us - we may have another feral with it but haven't caught him since we moved here 3.5 years ago he is a lover not a fighter unless you are human!!!!!

All our FIV were cat lovers just human haters bless till Sailor tuned a corner 8 weeks before his sad loss then the light went on and he was a purr monster!

All the rest are negative as we had them all tested after loosing Gem and 3 of her kittens to FIP - all the incommers have been tested to except Indie who is being speyed next week but will stay with us regardless of her test result - she is a lover of cats and dogs but working on the human angle! :shocked:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2010, 13:20:17 PM »
As others have said I wouldn't worry too much re the FIV, some vets still have some strange ideas about it and how easily it is spread etc. I have to say I can't remember us ever having had an FIV positive female in our CP branch, we've had a few FIV+ but they have all been unneutered males (and all have gone on to lead very good lives in new homes I might add). Unless they have been prone to fighting with other cats I think it's unlikely they will be positive. Well done on sorting these babies out MM and Bramble  ;D

Offline zoe (tiggy + pipins mum)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2010, 12:35:12 PM »
I wouldnt worry to much about the fiv i was told by my vet to have them all tested as 2 had sore gums!! I was worried sick then the lovely people on here put my minds as rest so i had one tested came back negative & i didnt bother having the rest done & changed vets xxx

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2010, 12:14:00 PM »
How about Habika (means Sweetheart) and Etsu?(means Delight.) As you can tell, I like my unusual names. ;)

PM being sent now. :)

With regards to the potential pregnancy, it would be terribly sad if she was pregnant and you had to get her spayed but you have to be realistic - do you know up to eight good forever homes that kittens could go to? That sounds really harsh, I know. :(

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2010, 11:39:40 AM »
have looked at that site, it is very good, packed with info. lets just hope they are fiv negative  when  they are tested. am dreading taking them for the blood test after yesterdays drama, poor things. will try not to worry too much, dont even know if thy have got it yet. have decided, am calling mummy poppy and baby daisy!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2010, 11:24:46 AM »
try not to worry too much, some vets have some funny ideas, my friends told her to bite her kittens ear if it bit her!!!  I think the glasgow site is pretty much cutting edge science so I'd take a look and make your own mind up

can't believe they haven't been missed yet, just shows what a good thing it was

I like poppy and daisy!

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2010, 10:56:18 AM »
no, lisa has spoken to the neighbours and they havent even mentioned the cats or noticed they are gone! shows how important they were to them. the vet did scare me about the fiv virus. i really wanted to let them out of the spare room so they could wander round the house and gradually meet our 4 cats, but he said not to do that and make sure they had their own bowl etc as it can be spread easily. i just want to do what is best for them and my own 4. poppy and daisy are the favourite names at the mo! just been sitting with them. they seem very happy and content. thank goodness they are not outside today.

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2010, 10:30:38 AM »
There is a lot of misinformation about FIV and, sadly, a number of vets are still anti FIV cats and will urge to pts. This is absolutely unnecessary. If it does turn out that the cats are FIV+ please check out the Glasgow  University Vet School website for information on FIV

http://www.gla.ac.uk/faculties/vet/cad/informationforowners/felineimmunodeficiencyvirusfiv/

The risk of a non FIV+ cat catching the virus from an infected cat in the same household is approximately 1%. The virus is spread primarily by mating and deep cuts, usually  unneutered Toms fighting. The virus is very fragile and only lives outside the body for a few seconds; hence, the low risk of spread of infection from cats sharing food bowls.

Hopefully, these little ones won't be FIV+

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2010, 10:00:46 AM »
I thought fiv cats could live with non-fiv??

has anyone missed them yet??

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2010, 20:07:03 PM »
forgot to say, i am getting a voucher towards getting her spayed. i really hope she isnt pregnant,it would be awful to have to get rid of her kittens when she spayed. cant decide on names! i have a very long short list at the mo!

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2010, 20:03:20 PM »
the vet wants to test them for fiv. he says its very nasty and could be dangerous for my cats if i keep these 2, even if mine have been vaccinated. i think its just fiv. just been  upstairs fussing and playing with them. yes jackspratt, course you can pm me and i will send you pics.!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2010, 19:25:41 PM »
If you decide to spay her possibly pregnant then its really better to do it asap then wait and see  :shy:
Tho if you really want to know she could have an ultrasound.
What are the vets wanting to test them for?  :tired:

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2010, 17:25:30 PM »
Yes Dawn has wormed both of them a couple of days ago :Luv2:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2010, 17:13:40 PM »
Have they been wormed?

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2010, 17:10:26 PM »
i hope she isn't pregnant but if she's spayed that would save her going through a pregnancy at her age, what names do you have Dawn i used to call the baby Lucy though it was something else originally  :shify:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2010, 17:07:55 PM »
Awww, good stuff. I really want to see pictures now.....can I PM my email address so you can send them to me?

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2010, 17:04:28 PM »
mum and baby doing really well. they were very good at the vets until he  tried to take blood for a blood test. i was sitting inwaiting room with my head in my hands listening to them screech! poor things were really scared and were lashing out a lot.he thinks they should be tested so baby will have blood taken when she is spayed so she wont feel anything and mum will prob have to be sedated to have hers taken.  baby has quite a belly so i asked him to feel if she was pregnant. he couldnt tell for sure so she must be very early on if she is. he was bit worried as her belly is a bit big. apart from that they got a clean bill of health. got to keep eye on baby, see if she gets any bigger. he says she can be spayed while pregnant. i hope it doesnt come to that and she is just chubby! been trying to think of nice names for them both. i have a short list that keeps getting longer! they are gorgeous and cant get enough fuss. i am besotted already!

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2010, 16:07:33 PM »
I know Dawn has taken the babies to the vets today to get them checked and jabbed and unfortunately the little one maybe pregnant poor thing she's only around 7 months old  :'(
If she is i know Dawn will do the best for she has already got them to come out of their shell i think they must be glad of the dry warm house they are in and Dawn giving them lots of cuddles :hug:
I don't think they would have survived outside with the weather we have had the last few days.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2010, 12:56:29 PM »
have deleted pics!

OH no -I missed the photos  :'(

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2010, 17:20:50 PM »
Assuming the situation it may be best not to leave pics up :shy:

I suppose. Although if the people in question couldn't be bothered to care for the cats, I've no idea why they'd be loitering on a rescue and rehoming forum.....but you never know. :scared:

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2010, 15:32:41 PM »
have deleted pics!

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2010, 15:25:51 PM »
oh bless them, i've never seen mum look so happy and contented  :hug:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2010, 15:17:37 PM »
Assuming the situation it may be best not to leave pics up :shy:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2010, 13:04:48 PM »
Definitely - brilliant job! Piccies, please. :)

Link to CatChat