Author Topic: Wasting money at the vets!  (Read 2578 times)

Offline LilyandGary

• Senior Cat
Re: Wasting money at the vets!
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 18:13:08 PM »
I`m glad "Parker" has been returned to his owner, but I think you`ve got every right to be tiddled off, Angie

How rude not to say "thanks" bearing in mind all the trouble and time people have been to, especially in this age of ecconomic uncertanity. It wouldn`t cost her much to have got him chipped herself!

At least he wasnt out in the cold and wet all weekend. Hope she keeps a better eye on him in future!

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 15:39:27 PM »
That's awful  >:( I know she didn't ask for the vet treatment but I would be so grateful that someone had tried to help my cat. If it happens regularly why doesn't she put a breakaway collar on him explaining he's not injured.

Exactly what I was thinking

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 15:33:26 PM »
Stupid woman  >:(

I would be grateful and apologetic if it were me. Then again, I wouldn't allow my cats to be out in the street to begin with.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 15:34:30 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 11:32:18 AM »
That's awful  >:( I know she didn't ask for the vet treatment but I would be so grateful that someone had tried to help my cat. If it happens regularly why doesn't she put a breakaway collar on him explaining he's not injured.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
Re: Wasting money at the vets! - but reunited with owner
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 11:27:09 AM »
Marmite was taken back by his owner yesterday.
No thanks and no donation.

she wishes 'people would leave him alone'.

Oh well..... end of story except we have agreed  to put chip details in our name so no doubt I will hear about him again......

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
Wasting money at the vets!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 11:06:18 AM »
I shouldn't really be mad but.....

During our meeting on Friday , we had a call from Rugby about a cat that had been found 'with a broken leg'. The RSPCA had been called and told them to leave it to the morning and take the cat to the vets then. We were told the cat was fairly quiet and pale, so worrying it had been hit by a car and was going into shock, we told them to take it to vets now.

When I got back from the meeting, I phoned up vets now who said the cat was being given pain relief and had broken its front leg. They were offering to do a Xray and temporary splint for £470 but did say it was an old injury and otherwise the cats seemed comfortable so I decided to take it to another vet in the morning.

Took it to my local vet who took it in to Xray and maybe remove the leg.

Anyway, yesterday at 2pm the vet phones back. Good news for the cat. The Xray show that instead of having two bones in the lower arm , he only has one. This bone bends through 90 degrees just below the elbow joint which is not formed correctly. As its a birth defect, and the cat is middle aged (8 year-ish), he can come home.

I'm pleased , I don't really want to be nursing a amputee. However I'm pissed at the £150 spent at Vets Now and the £150 at my vet (and I bet Parker (named by vet nurse) is none to happy either!).

I told them all this poor cat must have made vets £1000's in his lifetime, probably happens everytime he goes out. Still it won't happen again - he is now sporting a new microchip - a very expensive one at £300!!  >:( :doh:

(sorry if you read this on the other thread - just venting!)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 11:07:13 AM by Angie (covcats) »

Link to CatChat