Author Topic: How can this person claim to be our supporter?  (Read 13494 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: How can this person claim to be our supporter?
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2009, 15:09:38 PM »
Yes nice to look at the other side sometimes.....I know I would be reluctant....Still say 3yrs is overboard though!  :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2009, 15:09:29 PM »
there's another story here, though, and we have been, I think, a bit harsh

this old lady must have been dreaming of getting back to her own home and wanted her cat there when she did - she must have loved Trill to go to these lengths over 3 years, and although she was not acting in Trill's best interests, it is still sad for her

This is an all-too-common tale and I have heard it quite a few times, where people refuse to believe that they will be leaving hospital or similar. We had a case a couple of years ago  with 2 cats that had been in the cattery for over 6 months. Luckily Sharn contacted the solicitor in charge of the owners affairs and had the cats signed over to us. They were rehomed by some lovely people and both died within months of each other the following year  :'(. One of them was sunning herself in the garden when she went rather than stuck in a pen. I remember one was called Tibby but can't remember the other ones name. The other was called Wendy  :Luv2:

This was the message we received which showed how loved she was and why it was so important her last months were happy.

"I'm sorry to have to tell you that Wendy died earlier today. She had suddenly got very old-looking in the past three weeks or so, very frail, so we knew she didn't have much longer.

She came out into the garden with me to sit in the sun, and have a cuddle and soak up the rays, and when I looked a bit later she was dead. We've buried her next to Mr Tibbs (Tibby), and will plant more bulbs later in the year.

She seemed quite at ease, no rictus or signs of distress."

« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 15:33:14 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2009, 15:04:40 PM »

this old lady must have been dreaming of getting back to her own home and wanted her cat there when she did - she must have loved Trill to go to these lengths over 3 years, and although she was not acting in Trill's best interests, it is still sad for her

True, trigger. It's good to see the other side of the situation from time to time. ;) Hope Trill gets a safe new home quickly, though.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2009, 15:02:40 PM »
Well done to all concerned so not as bad as it could of been but bad enough, quite a sad situation really. Hope Trill can be found a home soon.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2009, 15:02:21 PM »

Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2009, 14:59:18 PM »
Great news  :) although poor little Trill needs a home quickly  :'( - Lets hope we can find her a nice old lady that will be with her 24/7 like the one I did a HC on a couple of weeks back. I can't imagine what it must be like for a domestic cat being alone for 23+ hours a day. Just looking across at Alice and she needs company so much - she doesn't even like me being at the other side of the room.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 15:01:07 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2009, 14:53:11 PM »
poor little thing, three years - fingers crossed Trill spends a Christmas in company this year

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2009, 14:49:09 PM »
Good news about the cat still being handleable! Hope a space can be found soon!  :Luv2: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2009, 14:48:43 PM »
Let us know how Trill gets on. Poor girl, she must wait for her visits from Violet. :(

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2009, 14:45:48 PM »
UPDATE!!!

Mark's hunch was right! It was the same Violet! :yayyy:

Yes she confirms it IS three years!  :Crazy: BUT... there is only ONE cat, a black female called Trill. Aged 5 years. The other Tabby tom this lady told me about is actually NOT this woman's cat but a neighbourhood feral who has other food sources and other shelter. He just comes into the conservatory and take advantage of a bit of free food.  :evillaugh:

Violet says Trill can be cuddled, purrs readily and she can easily pick her up, although does not know what she'd be like with strangers. Violet does spend as long as she can making a fuss of Trill each day but admits this is NOT an ideal situation and indeed she has been pressing the old dear to do something about Trill for some time. It's come to the crunch now as the old dear has FINALLY realised she won't be returning home.  :tired:

I am off now to find a place somewhere as I'm determined the cats will NOT be spending Christmas on her own ever again.  :(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2009, 14:43:04 PM »
Julie now has Violet's number - it has been in my phone for nearly 5 years but we are hoping she has kept the same mobile number given that she uses it for business.

Julie, btw, I do have the emails you sent yesterday and I googled the woman's name and it appears she is a committee organiser of the local catholic church. our lady immaculate (hair & nails)  figures  :tired:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 14:43:52 PM by Mark »

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2009, 14:42:33 PM »
If this is the case then were have the cats been living, inside the house? and do they have a dirt tray or are they left to their own devises  i dread to think what state the house is in :sick:

I do hope this lady maybe a bit confused and you can establish the facts soon. Good luck :hug:

Online CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2009, 14:25:19 PM »
If she really has been in the home for 3 years then I think Violet should be taken out and shot.  This is an appalling situation.  Good luck with trying to sort it out  :hug:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2009, 14:18:20 PM »
When I first moved here, we used some cat feeders. One of them was called violet. I would have thought it unlikely there was more than one person under 90 called violet living in Herne Bay  :evillaugh: so I still have her number in my phone if you would like to speak to her Julie  :shify:

:wow: BINGO!! Did you get copied on the emails yesterday so you'll have the name of the old dear and address these cats are living at?  :shify: Can't hurt to ask if it's the same person?  :shy:

I don't think she was mistaken about the length of time, Dawn. She maybe out by a few months but she was adament it was 3 years and seemed sharp enough to answer questions about other things. Our branch secretary confirmed she's a member and renewed recently using her old address. It would be lovely to think she's got the dates confused but I don't think so.  :tired:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2009, 14:09:04 PM »
When I first moved here, we used some cat feeders when we went away for the weekend for a wedding (the only time we have been away in 5 years  :Crazy: ). One of them was called violet. I would have thought it unlikely there was more than one person under 90 called violet living in Herne Bay - especially one that feeds cats.  :evillaugh: so I still have her number in my phone if you would like to speak to her Julie  :shify:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 14:10:40 PM by Mark »

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 14:07:42 PM »
I was thinking the exact same thing about the walker Julie...Obviously no real thought about the animals just a way to make money!!!  >:( :( :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 14:07:12 PM »
I only wondered if she was senile because maybe the three years thing is wrong??  like you say the dog walker should have the answers

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 13:56:55 PM »
Words genuinly fail me with this, poor babes, they have been let down by everyone, particularly this Violet character who should surely know better?!

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 13:52:16 PM »
Sadly no, Trigger. I suspect she'd decided to sell the house and that's probably why she picked up the phone herself.  :tired: She might well be a bit loopy and thought she was doing the right thing but she's surrounded by people who are not dim.  :innocent:

The person I want to have a word with the most is this Dog Walker girl. Surely if you make a living from animals you must have some kind of empathy with them?  :shocked: Sure she realised they were being neglected and to allow it to go for this long is callous!  >:( Sounds to me as if all this girl was interested was taking the money.  :mad2:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 13:39:55 PM »
how sad, and how unnecessary

surely she could have found a lodger who would have looked after the cats properly for a reduction in rent

there must be loads of folk around who would be only too happy with such an arrangement

any chance you know of a candidate who you could put forward to the Duchess, Julie?
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 13:39:19 PM »
This is so sad....Maybe there is someone out there with a ton of patience, Im sure things like the radio in the background, lights going on and off, heat and humans to view would help!!! Argh! So awful for the babes!!! They have been let down!  >:( :( :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 13:38:28 PM »
is she a bit senile maybe??

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 13:38:03 PM »
That is terrible  >:( hope you can sort them  out Julie  :hug:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 13:36:51 PM »
I should add I didn't want to give the impression I don't appreciate our supporters in general. The vast majority are nice folks. :naughty: But when we have to deal with them when they want help, they really do think it entitles them to extra special service.  :tired: Well I give the odd few bob to the local air ambulance.. Should I ever need to use it I don't expect it to fly any faster though!  :rofl: I'd have rather she kept her  :censored: fiver and did something about rehoming her cats WAY before this!!  >:(

I really am stumped now. I can't see them coming round after all this time.  :( Looks like they will need a feral home.  :(

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 13:29:03 PM »
3 years! Those poor cats....I'm not surprised you're fuming, Julie. Hope something can be sorted for them. :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 13:23:56 PM »
Oh my god that is awful! Dont people realise that cats are not (unless feral) animals that can be left by themselves, they need human contact, to be talked to, stroked loved....Food in there bellies is important but what about their feelings!!!

Stupid woman....Leaving them for 3yrs with only being fed is not on!!!  >:( :( :hug:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
How can this person claim to be our supporter?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 13:17:42 PM »
I was absolutely fuming yesterday and still not calmed down.  :tired:

Recieved a phone message from a very posh sounding lady. The first thing she says is "I'm a member of your branch..." Membership of our branch costs £5.50 a year... so best I roll out the red carpet then!  :wow: :rofl: Next thing she says is "I'm in a nursing home and someone who is also a member (  :wow: ) was supposed to be contacting you about taking in my cats".  :tired: :shify: "Please can you call me as no one seems to have done anything"

So I call the lady. Duchess La Di Dar type. Waves money around and expects everyone to grovel type.  :doh: She tells me that she's been in the nursing home for a while and that Violet (???) has been going in to feed her cats every day. She then tells me that I should know Violet as she's a lovely girl and the best Dog Walker in Herne Bay. Oh sure, I know all the Dog Walkers in Kent!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Anyway, she tells me that Violet now says the cats are unapproachable and the lady now thinks it's might be kindest to put them to sleep.  >:( >:( >:(

I ask how long these cats have been living in an empty house, answer.... THREE YEARS!!!! Poor little  :censored: have had no contact with anyone since then. They are now more or less completely feral.  :( I can imagine the Dog Walker is very happy to continue feeding them as she's charging Madam a hefty sum!  >:( Nice little earner that.  :sneaky:

My question is this.... how on EARTH does this person not see she has completely let her cats down??? She has caused great suffering and neglect and ALL the time she was patting herself on the back as she was paying subscriptions to us! She truly thought she was properly providing for her cats by paying someone to chuck a tin of Kitekat on the floor once a day! :Crazy:

I have no idea what to do now as I can't get into the house without someone else there. 'Madam' can't remember Violet's phone number but "It's alright, Violet will be around on Thursday to see me and collect her money..." Yeah, I'm sure she will. :boxer:

Link to CatChat