Author Topic: Quick note on what the raffle money will be spent on... wish it was happier news  (Read 2291 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Poor baby, at least she was spared an horrific end out on the streets  :hug:  RIP little one, safe and sound at the Bridge by now x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
RIP little feral puss

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
RIP Little one safe from harm now :Luv2:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Ahhh bless  :hug:

RIP little sweetheat xxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Thankfully she had lots of love just when she needed it most  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Poor little girl; I agree with Christine though, being given a humane release with people that cared for her if only for a brief time will definitely have made a difference.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
Oh what a sad story,  it does show what good work the rescues do,  this poor little mite at least had a little bit of comfort before passing  :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
It is so very sad but by the time she came to you, to have her dreadful fear and suffering ended was all this little one would have asked.

I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
Well I just spoke to our acting Co-Ordinator and she says a HUGE thank you for the money which we're hopfully getting soon.

She says that it will go to pay the vet for treating a little feral puss cat (sad story follows...  :'()

We had a report of an injured feral puss cat who appeared to have her front leg hanging off - the vet thought that it looked like it had been caught in a snare and had been like that for a few weeks, as the infection had set in deep. We talked about amputation, rest and hopefully finding a safe home for her to be released... unfortunately a blood test showed FIV and the infection had set in too deep for her poor little immune system to cope with. We gave her morphene and cleaned up the antibiotics and we made sure that her last few days were spent in comfort, care and the warmth...

Although I wish it was a better story to tell you, it just goes to show how rescues up and down the country continually care for the unwanted, unloved cats of this country... it's a sad story, but it makes me proud that at least we're here doing this kind of work and I just am glad we could make this little babe's transition a warm and safe one... I just hope she makes it to the bridge OK and has lots of friends to play with and is safe forever  :shy:
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Link to CatChat