Author Topic: Meet Ellie  (Read 17610 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Meet Ellie
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2010, 11:26:29 AM »
 :Luv: Ellie. What a sweetie!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2010, 11:05:18 AM »
Yeah, she would. WE had another really good day - I had her on my knee for an hour, she started there cos of Sam, and for the first time ever stayed after he had moved. She then joined me later, but was a bit more wary after he moved - he did lick her when she first sat in front of him, but after 10 mins or so appeared to be biting her neck and holding her with his paws - the daft part is it doesnt' bother her, she still goes back for more!! The only downside is that when she comes upstairs, she wont move away when Molly is growling and hissing at her.
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2010, 12:32:28 PM »
It really sounds like she'd do great with another friendly cat she can play with, hope you do manage to get some photos  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2010, 10:45:32 AM »
She does really like him - he will tolerate her sitting with him, but not keen when she tries to play with him!! Still not got any great pics though unfortunately. Just need to work on her not running away so much when I am doing things that aren't that close to her - managed to get her to stay on teh settee a few times, but she runs if I walk downstairs and she is on the windowsill, no idea why.
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #116 on: April 04, 2010, 22:10:22 PM »
She's doing so well and she does seem to like Sam lots  :)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2010, 14:57:14 PM »
Things are just getting better with Ellie, she will come on the sofa with me even when Sam isn't around, but hates me moving to even get the remote. We have had a good morning (even if it meant I had to sit there for 2 hours longer than I Wanted, cos she was happy sitting with me), and I even got 20 mins with her sat on my knee - admittedly probably cos Sam was also on my knee, but hopefully she will do that on her own. I am very impressed with how patient Sam is being with her, although he did scruff her the other day when she was cleaning him - didn't bother her, she then went on to sleep above him and curl round him!! STill trying for pics, I keep forgetting to put the camera near me.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #114 on: March 30, 2010, 07:42:51 AM »
She is, and we had another good time last night, she came on the sofa with us again, and laid against my leg while i was fussing her - she was even a bit jumpy when Sam stretched though, bless her. When he stood up to move, she stretched up to have a nose kiss - he wasn't that impressed!!! She is getting a bit braver when I feed her, I am trying to get her to eat in the kitchen, and to not be as bothered by me moving about, and she will eat while I am standing preparing Molly's chicken, but wont stay there when I leave the kitchen.
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2010, 22:22:22 PM »
she does sound lovely  :Luv:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2010, 22:20:24 PM »
Awww, Ellie sounds so lovely. :Luv: If I had more money I'd sooooo be bothering you about her. :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2010, 19:55:51 PM »
HAve had another good afternoon with Ellie and Sam - she jumped on the sofa with him and they seemed to be getting on, till i tried to move my leg to get a better look. A bit later, he was sat on my chest, and she actually jumped on my knee (I was laid on the sofa) and curled next to him, while letting me stroke her. Then she tried to lick him and he didn't like that - he jumped down, she looked at me, and then scarpered!! I have found them on the windowsill curled up together too, and she tried to pinch his tea yesterday, but she is still so wary of me walking round. I just hope someone shows an interest in her soon, but they will have to have a cat friendly cat for her.
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2010, 16:49:03 PM »
 That's great news  :) Ellie sounds to be progressing all the time, oh Sam bless him!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2010, 15:55:45 PM »
Great news, Desley. Hope you get a picture. ;D

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2010, 15:42:39 PM »
Have had a fantastic weekend with Ellie, she keeps jumping on the sofa, and last night, wanted to sit with Sam so much she jumped on the sofa and practically laid on top of him!! I was surprised he allowed it, but even when he moved, she just snuggled back into him. I will leave the big light on tonight and take my camera downstairs and see if she will do it again, and if I can get a decent pic. She comes out quite quickly when I am downstairs, although doesn't like me being too close, and will sit in the doorway while I am cooking or sorting out the cats food. I am off work this afternoon, and she came out, and immediately ran up to Sam and nuzzled him - spring is definitely in the air in this house!! Have told the rescue she has to go to a home with another cat. She still shows no interest in going out, which surprises me, as I thought she would show an interest when I am letting Sam out, but she doesn't - he just doesn't understand why he can't sit in the doorway with the door open like he is used to!!
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2010, 07:53:18 AM »
Not sure if Sam likes her, but he tolerates her - he is better with females than males, although did bat her round the head the first time I took him into the cat room. She has been brave two mornings following me for her breakfast rather than running away from me, and judging by the front room floor, she had a good night playing!! Nothing is where it was when I went to bed.
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2010, 08:29:16 AM »
 :) awww bless her! does Sam like her?

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2010, 08:25:58 AM »
Yeah, she definitely needs to be with another cat, although she is a cat flu carrier. This past couple of days she has been a lot keener on him. I got up at 4 to get a drink, and just saw a shadow on the sofa (I dont put lights on at that time), and put my hand out - Ellie was sat next to Sam on the sofa, but scarpered when I put my hand out.
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2010, 09:38:31 AM »
She sounds to be doing well and like she'd be best homed where there is another cat.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2010, 08:19:03 AM »
Had a little breakthrough with Ellie last night, managed to get her on the sofa, and she even relaxed, slept on my hand and had fusses - I think Sam is the thing drawing her though, she does crave feline company. She only stayed on for 10 mins, but it is the longest I have got her to stay on the sofa, and only the third time she has been on the sofa, so hopefully she will continue to enjoy it. She is still very skittish when I am walking though - but Molly is still like that after just 4 years of owning her, so not overly worried.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2010, 11:46:00 AM »
Ellie has a new den - one of my settees is under the stairs, so there is a dark space between the sofa and the stairs, and Sam knocked a cushion down there, so she is curled up against the cushion. Will take the camera downstairs later to get a pic - she is now in an ideal place, as if I sit on the sofa and put my hand down, she is all over it for a fuss (only prob is I dont like sitting on that half of the sofa!!), and she is getting braver at coming out for fusses and play. Doesn't like me much at the moment though cos I Strongholded her yesterday and she is on ab's cos her eyes were really bad last weekend. She also had a bad experience the other day, I Was trying to give her and Sam some ham, I thought he was distracted, but instead was following my hand and ended up landing on top of her. She shows no signs of wanting to go outside, even though I am opening the door about 10 times a day for Sam. Just need that patient home now
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2010, 17:42:33 PM »
Glad you managed to finally fuss her Desley, fingers crossed xx

Offline Skully

• Adult Cat
    • Pirate Pixie Crew
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2010, 15:40:28 PM »
She is sooooo beautiful  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2010, 12:13:53 PM »
Well, it took me till Thurs to get her back in the room, and then she tried to scarper when I took her food in. She let me fuss her when I went to give her her tea, but then laid looking sad in her den and wasn't interested in eating, so I left the door open, expecting her to go downstairs - wrong, she went into my room and got into the bed base, much to Molly's disgust - we had occasional growling until 2am when she was desperate enoguh to shoot past her!! She has been downstairs since, although I have been trying to coax her to eat upstairs, but she didn't have any breakfast yesterday so meals have been downstairs since - so this morning she came up looking for it!! She did come into my room a few times overnight, but Molly growls when she is in the room. I have finally been able to fuss her downstairs though, first time since Tues, so we are getting somewhere.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2010, 08:05:07 AM »
I think indoor might already be on her write up, but would hve to check.

I have left the door to her room open overnight hte past two nights, and she has been brave enough to leave the room - can't get her back in it this morning though!! I knew she had been in the front room yesterday with the amount of toys scattered!! I also finally managed to clip her claws yesterday, she was just at the right angle for me to pin her and do them, she hated it bless her, but doesn't hold it against me for too long, I really am amazed at her trust levels.
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2010, 19:18:37 PM »
Bless her! she still sounds quite timid, hope that a loving home is offered soon.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2010, 19:05:26 PM »
Could she go as indoor? That may open up more opportunities?

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2010, 10:33:16 AM »
I think Ellie is lovely. :) To be honest, Sage our nervy girl has a room that when she's indoors she spends most of her time in. I think it's where she feels safest, so although it's meant to be my partners chillout room it's mostly referred to as "Sages room." ;)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2010, 19:47:39 PM »
WEll, she has been here for 4 months now, she loves her fusses, but still quite wary, and she wont leave the cat room, however much I leave the door open!! The odd time she does, she stands on the landing and if I make the slightest move, she is back in. No offer of a home for her yet though.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2009, 15:07:35 PM »
How lovely! Another good point for her being cat friendly....Bless!  :Luv2: :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2009, 08:02:51 AM »
I hope not, will hopefully get time to get her on CC this weekend. She is a lot better round ARthur now, she does keep trying to headbut him, so defo needs to go with other cats.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2009, 15:28:10 PM »
Fab news! Im sure this pretty girl wont be waiting long!  :Luv2: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2009, 08:02:20 AM »
That's great news, well done  :)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2009, 07:56:03 AM »
Well, Ellie has surprised me this weekend, I warned my neighbours they probably wouldnt see her, and she did keep coming out for them, although wouldnt let her touch them, and when I got back she came straight out and it only took minutes before I could stroke her, so she will be put up for rehoming this week, I am very pleased with her confidence. I did open the cat room door for her last night, very nervous, and as soon as I moved she ran straight back in, so she got a treat, and I will have to sit very still when she goes near the door tonight.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2009, 00:13:52 AM »
Agree to keep her in until you can be there for a good stretch to watch the early days etc! Im glad she seems not bothered by other cats, another good pointer for her!  ;) :Luv2: :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2009, 12:59:18 PM »
I am amazed at her trust levels, BM, it doesn't matter what you do, she will come straight back for a fuss. Still skittish when I attempt to pick her up though, but not too bothered about that - I was deliberately picking Arthur up and putting him on my knee this morning, to show her it is nice. She is relaxing more round him now, I do keep finding her out of her den, although she sometimes scarpers back when I open the door. I got engrossed fussing them this morning, so Zi screamed at the door for her food, and Ellie went running to the door to see what the fuss was, so she does like other cats, just think Arthur is a bit in her face. Still not brave enough to let her out of the room though, might do next week, as I am away this weekend, so both are going to have to be kept in the cat room, so not fair to start it now.
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2009, 16:21:33 PM »
Awww, just looked at the photos. Ellie is stunning! :Luv:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2009, 13:50:49 PM »
Its the "trust" in you she has now that is amazing, even with what should be a big set back re Arthur has only ruffled her slightly.... :Luv2:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2009, 08:39:15 AM »
I'm really pleased she's doing so well and that she wasn't too bad in with Arthur  :)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2009, 07:44:49 AM »
I know, the silly girl!! I put Arthur in with her last night so he wouldnt have me up during the night, and she is a bit reluctant to come out, but food soon won, so have left him in there for today, there was no aggression from either of them when they got close. I will give her some one on one time though, not sure where he will go!! She was allowing fusses again last night and we had a really good play session and she even checked out the door twice!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2009, 15:55:47 PM »
Oh yummy, carrot sticks over cheese!  :shocked: :rofl: Its good she is gaining much confidence now to eat in the open, leaps and bounds my dear...Brill work!  :wow: :hug: :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2009, 07:48:50 AM »
We had a funny night, I took some carrot sticks in with me, and she showed an interest, so I gave her one to prove she couldnt eat it, so sat and crunched it!! She had a few carrot sticks, but seemed to eat those quicker than the piece of cheese I saved her!! What I was impressed by was that she ate them out in the open, the chicken I gave her the night before, she took into her den. She was in a very playful mood, so not interested in being touched.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat