Author Topic: Why do people lie for you take in kittens??  (Read 2589 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: Why do people lie for you take in kittens??
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 14:53:00 PM »
I don't think she was expecting me to give her an earbashing  :evillaugh:  but I was really narked by it, I have enough hassles without people misleading me into taking ferals.....it doesn't hurt to be honest.  I've just done some ferals for an old guy, he wanted me to take the kittens but again, they are approx 6 months, but he was honest with me....I've trapped 4 and they've been done...well 2 are in the vets today and I've still got one to catch....I'm glad I did as I've had 3 females out of the 4 so he would have been inundated in a few months  :shocked:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 14:46:36 PM »
I often say to Paul... problem with rescue ... is people!!!! 

don't know why people feel they have to lie all the time just makes life harder.
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 14:12:13 PM »
People are just  :censored: I managed to get these cats in my friends vet today so they are all being done and can go back, she's got another there that managed to escape so I'll have to try and get hold of that one to get him/her done as well.  They are beautiful though, 2 bright gingers and a tabby  :Luv:  My son managed to stroke one of them last night whilst we were getting them into a carrier to take them to my friends ready for today, one of the others bit him and the first thing he said is "what if it's got aids, will I catch it"  :evillaugh: It's a shame because given time, they would probably come round but sadly this is something I haven't got.

you'd be surprised at some of the excuses i've heard over the years..... yellow lab dumped in rescue because they'd got rid of the cream sofa and bought  a brown one so want a choclate lab instead to match :-:

Nothing surprises me in this game anymore....I had a lady a couple of years ago wanted a fluffy kitten but it couldn't be black because she had a cream sofa  :shocked:  I had a gorgeous mainly black with a white bib fluffball in which I'd mentioned to her....she phoned me the following day and said she'd decided to chance taking her.........and no she didn't get a kitten off me  :evillaugh:

Offline tortie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 13:34:43 PM »
you'd be surprised at some of the excuses i've heard over the years..... yellow lab dumped in rescue because they'd got rid of the cream sofa and bought  a brown one so want a choclate lab instead to match :-:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 13:35:38 PM by tortie »
i have as much to learn as i have to teach

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 08:00:02 AM »
Not just for kittens is it Dawn?  :tired:

It seems many of them tell you  lies  versions of a story and quite often contradicting themselves in the process  :shify:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Why do people lie for you take in kittens??
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 23:57:43 PM »
I had a lady contact me a couple of weeks ago about some feral kittens approx 9 weeks old.  I told her as long as they were weaned, I'd sort them and also get mum spayed. She told me mum had been spayed the week before, kittens were eating fine and they were a good size..... :tired:  Anyway, the fact she'd got mum spayed I thought she's a decent person etc and obviously cares about the cats.  Today I was trapping some ferals elsewhere and she'd phoned to say she'd caught the kittens and could I pick them up...after some discussion I asked her to drop them in at them vets and I'd collect them when I'd dropped the stray in and ferals for neutering.  Got up there this evening and the kittens were huge....they are approx 6 months old  :sneaky:  I phoned her when I got in and explained I was meant to be packing it in and there's no way I could tame these "kittens" down.....she was still adamant they were approx 11/12 week old and she hadn't mislead me  :Crazy:  These 12 week old kittens are booked in for neutering next week and yet my vet won't do them till they are 6 months so I don't know who she is trying to kid.....anyway I've told here if she'd have been honest with me, I would have told her the most I would do is spay/neuter...that is it....after a lot of discussion she has now agreed to take them back.......she is on a farm so it's not big deal to her and I haven't got the hassle of trying to do the impossible which is finding decent homes, I would be able to possibly tame them but I really do not want to get lumbered with any more.

Link to CatChat