Author Topic: CP People a question  (Read 12595 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: CP People a question
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2009, 09:56:22 AM »
that's the thing T, it really is going to be a good home and while I know they are busy it took 10 days for them to acknowledge her first contact and now this - its not helping my case with the other girl in the office, in talks with a puppy mill  :(

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2009, 09:38:04 AM »
This is so sad, a good home on offer and it seems the rescue isnt very efficient; wish your friend was near me because no matter how busy we are homecheck  is done within 24 hours of contact and people told immediately.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2009, 09:25:18 AM »
she has this week off but is contacting me by text, I'll give her a ring at lunchtime - its a shame because being at home this week she wanted to get everything sorted and buy all the stuff she needs - she was interested in a pair of 10 month olds from another branch and she tells me one has gone, the ones from her local branch are kittens which I assume aren't ready so maybe that is why they aren't rushing, still think its shame to leave people dangling though

Offline Pudding

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2009, 09:17:11 AM »
The HC was on the 17th and today is 22nd. Definately give them a call. The idea is to rehome cats not stockpile potential homes.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2009, 09:12:20 AM »
Quite possible that they have passed but there are no suitable cats ATM - still someone should have been in touch by now. It would be a shame if rescue cats lost out to a breeder. I would definitely hassle the branch.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2009, 08:45:06 AM »
She needs to chase Dawn, can't you impress this on her a little bit, hopefully she'll listen to you?  :hug: :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2009, 08:44:06 AM »
still nothing

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2009, 13:46:29 PM »
I'll phone and pretend to be her if you like lol!  I'm nice most of the time, but I can also hassle with the best of them  :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2009, 12:08:27 PM »
she is planning to give them a couple more days before hassling them (told you she was nice!!)  but it is already causing unhelpful suggestions from others like "just go and buy some"  >:(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2009, 09:20:38 AM »
its such a shame her and her oh have waited 10 years for these kitties, the right place to live, all the jobs in the house done, enough money to pay for them etc - they are going to have a great home

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2009, 09:05:20 AM »
I don't think anyone would consider it unreasonable to chase up after a home-check to find out if they've passed or not  :)

Seriously, just tell her to pick up the phone, if you don't ask, you don't get sometimes  :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009, 09:04:33 AM »
I would chase them if I was her. I remember when I got Kylie, I had not long moved into my garden flat and still had some boxes from unpacking in the garden. I was concerned that they would think it was unsafe for a cat. I mentioned it to the homechecker and he said cats love boxes and he was sure it was a perfect home for a cat  :)

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2009, 09:01:59 AM »
the thing is she is such a very nice person she doesn't want to bother them and chase them, if it was me I'd be straight on the phone but she keeps saying oh but they do it in there spare time I can't hassle them - I really hope she finds out soon she is desperate to get to pah!!

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 08:56:34 AM »
I have to say I think that's pretty poor, Dawn, has she given them a chase?

I don't think its too much to ask to want to find out if she's passed or not.

I didn't get anywhere with any contact names in this branch, but I'm still trying  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2009, 08:43:33 AM »
still nothing  :(

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2009, 14:04:38 PM »
Likewise if we have spaces, we always offer other branches the opportunity to transfer cats from us. We took 4 cats at once from Dover, we took another 3 from Medway and this week we have 3 coming from another branch. This is also a good way of giving a cat who someone has struggled to home, another chance as sometimes the perfect home can be outside of the aeas that they ended up in. Like lovely little Pip, who went to a great home that Sharon had homechecked.  ;D

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2009, 12:19:08 PM »
We operate the same way as Sharon describes among the 3 branches that are closest together in our area. I know we have homed out of our area and they have too. As people have said the most important thing is the cats get good homes and if we don't have anything suitable for someone who can offer a good home we would be very happy of a cat from elsewhere got a home. We also refer to other independent rescues if we can't help. I recently tracked down a cat who had only one eye which somebody had seen on a website but couldn't remember which one so they rang us. It wasn't with us but I tracked it down to one of the smaller rescues and we were able to give the lady the details.

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 07:23:58 AM »
In response to Debbie post, we did a HC in our area and they ended up taking a cat from East Surrey CP. We had a home for a Siamese in Whitstable and they ended up taking a Bengal from Crawley. HOWEVER, there is alot of old stuffed up ideas in CP and not all branches will rehome out the area. Debbie from E Surrey and us have worked together and have made contacts with other branch nr Canterbury, but if the branch cannot be bothered, then you may be up against it.. Our moto is as long as a cat gets a home somewhere id doesnt mind where it comes from, however its always the branch that the HC id done that benefits first.

This will become more the case whenall CP cats on each branch website are featured on the main CP website, which if think is going to happen very soon...

Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 21:53:18 PM »
When we do a home visit, my home visitors will then contact me (Homing co-ordinator) to tell me what their recommendations are and then I call the people. I always call within 24 hours with my suggestions on cats and then provided they like the cat I suggest when they meet it, they home within 3 days.
We also as a branch turn over the home visit withinb 3 days of enquiry so it's about a week from enquiry to homing on average.
In terms of post codes, if someone calls from in our area then of course, we try to home one of our cats but if we don't have anything suitable, then I will pass them onto the NCAC or another local branch. If someone is way out of area and wants one of our cats, we will home to them but if it['s too far to send one of our volunteers, then I get them to arrange a home visit with their local branch who will give them paperwork to state what type of cat they are suitable for.

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 19:32:42 PM »
Based on the time it took to organise the homecheck, it sounds like they may either not be that organised, or massively busy!!!  Tell her to hang in there  :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 18:43:18 PM »
I always tell people straight away.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 18:43:50 PM by Mark »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 18:37:22 PM »
Im sure she will hear pretty quick, the sooner they can fill the space the better, keep us posted!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 11:56:08 AM »
I had a horrible feeling that would be the answer!!! 

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 11:55:32 AM »
how longs a piece of string? :rofl:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 11:51:10 AM »
how long to CP normally take to give results of a homecheck???  my friend is ready to burst with excitement, the homecheck was last night

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 11:03:26 AM »
I hope so, she is terrified of the homecheck poor thing! 

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 11:02:14 AM »
The worse they can do is say no, fingers crossed she gets them  ;D

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 10:46:51 AM »
great, she has seen some perfect black and white kitties on the woking website but lives in bracknell so wasn't sure

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 10:31:03 AM »
They cant be stopped from going elsewhere Dawn, one branch may be unsure of 'stealing' off another branches patch tho. Some CPs in a county near me are so postcode orientated its crazy. If cat in one postcode needs neutering or theres a home in another it shouldnt matter which branch helps them aslong as its sorted.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
CP People a question
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 10:08:48 AM »
if your branch doesn't have what a person is looking for can they contact neighbouring branches?

Link to CatChat