Author Topic: Need to pour my heart out  (Read 6861 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Need to pour my heart out
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2009, 20:36:04 PM »
T I'm so sorry I've only just read this thread  :hug:

I'm glad you are feeling a bit better hun  :hug:

RIP little soul xxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline littlebrambles

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
    • Little Brambles fosters cats
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2009, 14:55:07 PM »
Rescue work is simply overwhelming at times - we're there because we care and because we care we grieve, it takes it's toll even on the strongest people. It's good though that you can share the burden with like minded people, it's important to offload from time to time.

You're doing a great job and you are sorely needed.  xxx

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2009, 11:41:27 AM »
I'm not a rescue but just wanted to say how much I respect and admire you and the others who do so much for these little ones. The general public often don't realise how much heartache is involved, its not just having lots of cuddly furbabes around all the time. It's sad that the little one didn't make it but as others have said he did not die alone and uncared for. You can't save them all but you certainly do make a difference.

I could not have put this better myself  :)

Theresa, you are an amazing woman, you give your all to these babes, and each and every one of them would thank you for it  :hug:

I hope the coming months are better  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2009, 11:31:20 AM »
I'm not a rescue but just wanted to say how much I respect and admire you and the others who do so much for these little ones. The general public often don't realise how much heartache is involved, its not just having lots of cuddly furbabes around all the time. It's sad that the little one didn't make it but as others have said he did not die alone and uncared for. You can't save them all but you certainly do make a difference.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2009, 10:28:02 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2009, 18:42:25 PM »
Teresa -  :cuddle: :cuddle: :cuddle: :cuddle:

You can't save all of the waifs and strays.  And the ones  you do save bear utmost testimony to all those who slip between the margins.  None of them are ever truly "lost" - not to you.  You care for each and every soul, so none is ever really lost.   :hug:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2009, 18:15:21 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh, Teresa, the vet should never have discharged this little mite to your care in that state. Not with a head injury! We may be skilled and dedicated in what we do, but we aren't professionals and don't have professional facilities.  :(

It's always gutting when you lose the fight. Especially with the babies.  :'(

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2009, 16:52:15 PM »
Oh T, you are not alone, it has happened to most of us.  :blow kiss: The shortest stay I had was four hours before she had to go to the vets after detoriating and my last two sickies held on for 2 and 3 weeks respectively before we called it quits and that was heart breaking enough. In that hour the little one would have realised that not all humans are  :censored: and would have known warmth and love in that short time.

Sweetheart we all feel like giving up but then then we get that call that says furbabe in trouble  :angry phone: and we are then straight in the  :car:

We all carry on for the cats not for the idiotic humans that are out there and I am sure that it will not be long before you are telling us about the next success story.  :wow:

Keep you chin up sweetheart we all know what you are going thru.
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2009, 21:05:52 PM »
You deserve lots of  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: for all of the hard work you put in to help these babies keep up the good work even through the heart ache xxx

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2009, 20:11:15 PM »
Im so glad your feeling more positive ;D 3 deaths in a week is a lot to cope with and you must be very strong to do this,but your needed so much by all the little (an oldies ) ones needing help in this sad cruel world :(  :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2009, 18:20:33 PM »
 :) so glad you're feeling a bit better today Teresa  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2009, 18:17:26 PM »
I am glad you are feeling better, and I hope the rest of the year is a lot better.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2009, 18:10:51 PM »
I am pleased you are feeling a bit better and long may that continue  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2009, 18:08:25 PM »
Feeling better today after Ruths visit, just want to add my death rate this year is 4, the first a deformed kitten who died immediately after birth, the 2nd dear old Grace on ,Friday last week, the 3rd was Buster Jnr found in box and PTS immediately last Sunday and of course Babe yesterday; in the whole of 2008 I had 4 deaths so 3 deaths in one week has been a very bitter blow, but it has to be forwards and onwards for the ones we can save.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2009, 17:31:07 PM »
So sorry about Babe Teresa, take care  :hug:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2009, 15:12:35 PM »
Oh T,  I am so sorry for you,  I really wish it was me coming up today to see you,  I loved being at Paws Inn,  a truly wonderful place,  I hope Ruth gives you loads of hugs and you have a well deserved break even if only for a cup of tea and to catch up with Ruth x

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2009, 11:34:59 AM »
T, you are not alone And neither was the kitten. There is always Someone sending love to special places like yours ... :hug:

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2009, 11:32:00 AM »
 :hug:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2009, 10:00:35 AM »
T ive only been on Purrs for 1 yr but in all that time you have come to be one of the best , you give yourself (like others also do ) 150% its hard to loose a little one  :( and god knows you have lost so many this year but think of all the little ones you have helped into new homes and literally saved their tiny lives :wow: not to mention all the others you,ve helped, this little one wasnt meant to be :( but you did everything you possibly could and she died knowing love and warmth with you, now its time for you to look after yourself as there are plenty more little ones who desperately need people like you to help them too. lots of hugs for you  :hug: :hug: :hug:  RIP Babe safe from harm :Luv:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2009, 09:23:58 AM »
She did not die alone, Teresa.  She died in Paws Inn, in a comfortable bed, with a full tummy, not in the street or worse.

My thoughts are with you.

My thoughts too - couldn't have put it better, Christine. 

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2009, 08:45:23 AM »
Teresa, you mustn't tie yourself to the home you have also to think of you and unless you do that you won't be capable of caring for all those kitties of yours that need you  :hug:  You're coping with the good and the bad and it has to be really tough for you at times, you don't have to be strong all the time it's good to have a good old moan and a cry you need to do that  :hug:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 08:46:19 AM by Janeyk »

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2009, 08:25:26 AM »
I am so sorry to hear this T, but things could have been so much worse for this little one, and indeed all the animals you have helped over the years - but please dont chain yourself to the house, you need some time for yourself as well to continue helping cats like Babe.
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2009, 20:55:26 PM »
Teresa, what an awful thing to have to deal with. You truly are one of the strongest people I know, but even you will have your limits. Take care of yourself, please. :hug:

RIP Babe - a short life that knew a little love at least.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2009, 20:05:40 PM »
After hearing what the vet has said about the poor little one I think you now know that horrid as it was, this was something that no one could stop happening!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Remember you are T the Brave.... A force to be reckoned with, a true person that puts her feelings to the back and that serious face to the fore and you plod on regardless! To fight for these little ones, the ones that you push your own health to the back for, to dedicate yourself to the ones not many would give a second glance (never mind chance) to..... You are our true unsung hero T and never forget that!!!  ;)  :hug: :hug:

Kitty my dear will you please give that lovely (old bag as she calls herself) lady a shared one of the many hugs when you see her tomorrow.... Wish it was me (Ruth) who was going!  ;) :Luv:  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 20:03:47 PM »
Teresa  :hug: :hug: :hug:

RIP Little Babe-kitten - poor little scrap - play hard at The Bridge
People Power Works!!!

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 19:50:04 PM »
Thanks everyone,people think you get used to death when you deal with so many animals, truth is you get better at hiding your emotions and grieving alone, guess after the almost sleepless week I`ve had with Garcia I let my defences down. I have been almost housebound for months and after events of last Sunday and now today I feel I should chain myself to the house.
Everything now sterilised and Babes little body at vets with Kay, what I was writing just been interrupted by phonecall from Kay to say that she has  thoroughly examined at my request and all the signs point to head trauma,poor little Babe.
Thank God Aunty Ruth is coming tomorrow.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 19:40:14 PM »
  :hug: :hug: For you Teresa.
Teresa Babe died at home where there is so much love and i am sure she knew that, she didn't die alone.
RIP sweetheart. x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 18:54:25 PM »
A massive :grouphug: for you Teresa

Oh Teresa Hun how heartbreaking - thinking of you and I know it must be so hard for you when you lose a little one x but you need to remember how many little ones you have saved and would not be in this world now if it wasnt for you and your love and dedication xxx

RIP little Babe - the Angels wanted you for themselves, play hard at the bridge sweetie xxx

Couldn't have put it better  :hug:

Night Night Babe, safe and sound at the Bridge by now xx You didn't have her for very long Teresa but she knew she was loved and she was safe and warm  :hug:

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 18:14:43 PM »
Sorry to hear this

:RIP:   Babe
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 18:05:01 PM »
Christine said it, so I won't repeat it. Will just give you one of these :hug: until I can give you one directly. xxx

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 18:03:26 PM »
T she as the others have said was not alone she was in the arms of the special kitties at Paws Inn and was loved like her life for the briefest time :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 17:55:48 PM »
 :hug:  Teresa, anyone who knows what you do for cats would never for one minute doubt you did your very best you weren't to know.  Little babe had your special loving care before she passed please think of that xx

God bless little Babe  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 17:51:24 PM »
So very sad and I also cant put what Christine said better  :hug: :hug:

I think the vet should have warned you though and that is a bit bad.

RIP Babe, such a short time in a nice home

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 17:49:13 PM »
She did not die alone, Teresa.  She died in Paws Inn, in a comfortable bed, with a full tummy, not in the street or worse.

Couldnt have put it better

So sorry T..... :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 17:46:04 PM »

My thoughts are with you.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 17:42:59 PM »
Oh Teresa Hun how heartbreaking - thinking of you and I know it must be so hard for you when you lose a little one x but you need to remember how many little ones you have saved and would not be in this world now if it wasnt for you and your love and dedication xxx

RIP little Babe - the Angels wanted you for themselves, play hard at the bridge sweetie xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
Need to pour my heart out
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 17:37:19 PM »
Sorry but I am well and truly broken, vet rang me to take kitten at 12.15  today Babe was approx 5-6 weeks old and emaciated and very lethargic but vet thought she stood a good chance with me, from the minute I got her home I realised something wasnt right and kept saying to OH could vet have missed something. I have given my all to Babe this afternoon and kept wondering could she be brain damaged, syringe fed her at 4 and left her sleeping in a little bed, flew to shops at 430 back home and checked at 5,she had lifted herself from her bed and died alone, I just cant take this heartache anymore,have phoned vet and had long talk to her and it turns out she suspected she may have taken a knock to the head  but couldnt be sure  the nurse didnt mention it when handing her over, I am also scared witless that it may have been a killer virus, got to go and put her lifeless little body in my freezer now and vet will ring when she gets a call out for me to take body in.
Poor poor Babe you desrved better

Link to CatChat