Author Topic: Another one dumped, when will people stop this?  (Read 2707 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Another one dumped, when will people stop this?
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 12:31:20 PM »
Aw bless her, she sounds lovely.... What a wonderful thing to do dabs and as for your OH... You have him trained well!  ;) :Luv: :hug:

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 12:13:10 PM »
. We are actually on the way to Ryton on Dunsmore as we foolishly thought we could have an afternoon out! :rofl:

where are you based to be going to Ryton? going to look at a vacant factory site were you?

Just got back myself from a 'feral' trap in church lawford - 3 down and 1 to go. :naughty:

Hi Angie, we actually thought we could have a cat free afternoon, we were off to the Organic Gardens and only popped in at the vets at Nuneaton for meds. Will never do that again, they can post 'em! (the meds that is, not the cats)

She is out of hiding now, but has a delightful runny tummy and she is scratching at her ears big time.

I have popped a wormer down her and some stuff in her ears and she promptly went back into her cupboard,
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 10:36:01 AM »
Fingers crossed for this little one.
Please spay your cat

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 22:36:01 PM »
. We are actually on the way to Ryton on Dunsmore as we foolishly thought we could have an afternoon out! :rofl:

where are you based to be going to Ryton? going to look at a vacant factory site were you?

Just got back myself from a 'feral' trap in church lawford - 3 down and 1 to go. :naughty:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 21:51:34 PM »
Bless you for helping her, look forward to photos  ;D
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 21:09:29 PM »
Thank you so much for taking this puss cat in - would love to see some pictures, absolutely adore torties

Of course, piccies are a must, but will give her time to settle first. She is a tadge shelled shocked bless her.  :Luv2:

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 21:06:25 PM »
Thank you so much for taking this puss cat in - would love to see some pictures, absolutely adore torties
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 20:45:57 PM »
Bless you for helping  :hug:
People Power Works!!!

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
Another one dumped, when will people stop this?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 20:40:07 PM »
Was at the vets today picking up some anti fungal for a little girl that came in on Tuesday with ringworm, while there was asked if we could take in a stray/possible dumping. We are actually on the way to Ryton on Dunsmore as we foolishly thought we could have an afternoon out! :rofl:

Anyway I took her in, a little torite we have now called Emily. No more than 10 months old and terrified, full of scabs where she has been scratching to off load her passengers. Underweight and in need of some TLC.

She had been found wandering around an industrial estate and the workers there claimed she had been attacking them. I have a feeling she probably lashed out out of fear, not malice. She showed no signs of aggression in the vets, none with me, even when I checked her over. No milk thank goodness, that was one of my biggest worries. She has more than likely been dumped, chances are not neutered, still she has been taken out of the breeding chain and will not have to raise any litters on that estate.

After frontlining and a good meal she has now hidden herself in a cupboard in the cat room.

The OH bless him is being very patient with this and is getting so used to us having to cancel/alter our plans for a cat. Oh well there is always next weekend! :wow:

Link to CatChat